Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Comprehensive List of Everything Trinity Needs Reworked

Sefyra-Skye

Short, quick, and to the point. I like it a lot.

A ground targeted heal that heal all who stand into the area is pretty good. Turn her Well Of Life into an actual well. For a visual of what would be great, look no further than the Healing Field item from Smash Bros.

25_item12.jpg

Edited by Bioness

5 hours ago, Sefyra-Skye said:

Turn the #1 ability into an actual ground-targeted healing well OR a direct-target heal. That'd be cool.

Would still be outclassed by Blessing. Trinity doesn't need two heals, it's redudant. You're suggestion does nothing. 

5 hours ago, Sefyra-Skye said:

idk like 2 more seconds on Link?

And that will make a tangible difference? No, k

A super comprehensive list. I had a hard time assimilating all the work and thought put into this.

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sefyra-Skye said:
  1. Turn the #1 ability into an actual ground-targeted healing well OR a direct-target heal. That'd be cool.

Indeed, but then that wouldn't fix the ability's core problem, which is that it's redundant in the face of Blessing's own healing. For the ability to be worth using, it needs to provide something that isn't already a part of the rest of Trinity's contributions. Given that Trinity arguably provides too much already in terms of sheer utility, though, I think the more conservative approach could be to take the DR out of her 3 and 4, and instead concentrate it into a single DR effect on her 1.

1. idk like 2 more seconds on Link?

That could certainly help; for a duration-based effect that constantly has to be refreshed, Link is pretty short-lived. Personally, I'd take it one step further and make it a drain-based toggle, so that Trinity wouldn't have to constantly refresh the effect, but would instead have to keep powering it with Energy Vampire.

1. that's it, trinity is good, like and subscribe for more blessings!

Personally, I think there's more to be done, though just to stay within a minor scope of changes, I think one of the biggest and simplest improvements that could be made to Trinity would be to make her 1, 2, and 3 one-handed animations: Trinity is an old frame, made at a time where animations locked your entire frame in place, and also required you to be grounded. The recent changes to many of these older animations, which allowed many abilities to be cast in the air, I think massively improved Trinity's gameplay, mainly because she can now cast Link while in mid-air for instant damage reduction. Her animations, however, are still wooden for the most part, and really don't need to be when the only thing she's really doing is waving her hands around for basic, spammable actions. Removing those animation locks from her 1, 2, and 3 so that she can move and cast independently of each other would make her feel significantly smoother to play, particularly for a frame that relies so heavily on repeat casting to function.