AJman14

Nightwave cap at 60? DE, please consider removing it!

Posted (edited)

Edit: To sum up the meaning behind my post: Alerts didn't have a cap, and Nightwave shouldn't either.

Please remove the cap at level 30 + 30 prestige. For me, it's a complete lack of rewards from "daily alerts", meaning I can't get the stuff I want until the next Nightwave comes out.

I have no way to obtain more Nightwave Creds for another couple weeks, meaning the Cred Shop is completely closed again for me.

I must buy more Ornaments!!

Edit: For clarity, Nightwave was a system to replace Alerts. Alerts were always available to complete as many, or as few as one would like. They didn't disappear for a couple weeks when you did a lot of them in a row. They kept coming. Putting a cap on Nightwave is like yanking the alerts away again.

Edited by AJman14
  • Upvote 1

I think the Cap is good. it's to prevent people from getting so far ahead in it they can buy say, half a million Kuva. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, S3kshun13 said:

I think the Cap is good. it's to prevent people from getting so far ahead in it they can buy say, half a million Kuva. 

Levels still take just as much work, so in reality, it would be earned just the same. DE should only limit the level by how much Standing is given by the Nightwave activities.

IMHO, if I farm all the Zealot Derelict Codes available, I should still be able to earn the Standing for completing the Derelict missions. My 40 codes I have left are now useless to me, as continuing to farm the Pathocyst isn't worth my time, if I can't get the shop offerings.

who knew there would be FOMO at the other end of Nightwave.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

who knew there would be FOMO at the other end of Nightwave.

It's not a fear of missing out, it's a content-yank when there are no more "dailies" left. Nightwave was a system to replace alerts, so players always have a way to get those rewards.

19 minutes ago, AJman14 said:

It's not a fear of missing out, it's a content-yank when there are no more "dailies" left. Nightwave was a system to replace alerts, so players always have a way to get those rewards.

you are literally describing FOMO

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

No, because it's not a fear. It's a simple lack of content, which DE is trying to avoid. It's supposed to be a system that is always available to the players.

15 hours ago, AJman14 said:

no more "dailies" left

This entire game is built on the concept of dailies. Go cap syndicate standing, cap focus, run the Sortie, go to ESO and farm relics and various rare rewards (if you have all of them then congratulations, because at MR 27 I spend almost all of my game time everyday still trying to get the fire ephemera and Braton Vandal BP and even a single Peculiar mod with no luck).

15 hours ago, AJman14 said:

farm the Pathocyst isn't worth my time, if I can't get the shop offerings

I'm very confused by this statement, I don't see what either of those have to do with each other. You farm the Pathocyst to get a unique weapon for mastery (or, Lotus forbid, fun...). The shop offerings are on regular rotation every Nightwave aren't they? And progress in Nightwave is irrelevant to progress in farming the Pathocyst unless there's something I'm missing. I farmed all of the parts in 6 runs and crafted it.

What is it that you feel your missing out on? Your post literally seems like FOMO...

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

This entire game is built on the concept of dailies. Go cap syndicate standing, cap focus, run the Sortie, go to ESO and farm relics and various rare rewards (if you have all of them then congratulations, because at MR 27 I spend almost all of my game time everyday still trying to get the fire ephemera and Braton Vandal BP and even a single Peculiar mod with no luck).

Ok, let me explain a bit.

Yes, the whole game is built on "dailies". I agree. However, I no longer have the ability to even progress with the Nightwave "dailies" until the next Nightwave comes out! What I meant by no "dailies" left, though, was that people used to be able to play every alert ever. EMP Aura alert? Sure, go grab it. Players were allowed to play every alert every day. DE replaced those with Nightwave so players could choose their rewards, but progression was a lot slower. Prestige levels helped, as that's constant Nightwave Creds, but it was still slower than getting 4 different items per day through alerts. Now, I'm unable to even get 1 a week, as the system is basically "locked" from any further farming.

I don't care so much about the lack of rewards, in fact I have enough. The problem is that Nightwave was supposed to replace alerts. Remember, alerts were farmable non-stop, forever.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I'm very confused by this statement, I don't see what either of those have to do with each other. You farm the Pathocyst to get a unique weapon for mastery (or, Lotus forbid, fun...). The shop offerings are on regular rotation every Nightwave aren't they? And progress in Nightwave is irrelevant to progress in farming the Pathocyst unless there's something I'm missing. I farmed all of the parts in 6 runs and crafted it.

What is it that you feel your missing out on? Your post literally seems like FOMO...

On to my second point.

Sure I could continue farming more Pathocysts for the platinum or the fun, but half of the point was to gain standing toward Nightwave so i could continue to earn rewards that I would've been able to earn from the previous "alerts". (I would actually probably get more Ornaments, but same idea..)

My point in continuing was mostly to see how high-rank I could get without missing any daily or weekly acts. So far, I've missed 0, and I was doing it solely for "research". The Ornaments were a way to scrap my Creds, while also seeing how many I could get by only purchasing those.

Now, to adress FOMO.

No, it's not a fear of missing out, because it's not a fear. Plus the progression is non-existent at this point, so I'm missing out on... nothing. FOMO is usually applied to someone who freaks out over missing something that another player already has. My whole point with the post is that DE wanted to update alerts with something else. Alerts didn't have a cap, and Nightwave shouldn't either. Simple as that.

Edited by AJman14

On 2019-10-06 at 9:01 PM, S3kshun13 said:

that's nonsens. i have done all but 2 nw-challenges of this season and a, lets say, 'normal' amount of knocking down those zealots (plus about 10 times the boss for the weapon parts) and are now at rank 59 (therefore will be at 60 with the last two done... IF i care to do the day trader at all that is).

so, even some hardcore farmer won't be getting much higher than rank 60-65... i don't see why there should be a cap for this small amount of extra standing we can get... and btw, just in case you missed that: this is the last week for nightwave season 2.

• Applause 1

On 2019-10-06 at 9:56 PM, Rawbeard said:

no, he's literally describing the the nonsens of a cap for nightwave - but then again, his complain is also not much of an issue since there is not much one can miss even when done every nw-challenge there was (plus a normal amount of bonus standing) - that is, IF DE will start another 'intermission' right next week, which i think they did not after season 1 ended (i'm sure there were some 'empty' weeks inbetween)... so, if there will be a 'void' time of being able to get those creds for the aura mods etc., his complain is valid again.

• Upvote 1

I must say if feels kinda cool to "complete" a Nightwave, but at the same time it's like running head-first into a wall.

On 2019-10-07 at 4:01 AM, S3kshun13 said:

That's fine, we would be able to farm two million kuva and such if we use those times for kuva survival.

And DE didn't included kuva in store anyways...

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Test-995 said:

That's fine, we would be able to farm two million kuva and such if we use those times for kuva survival.

And DE didn't included kuva in store anyways...

Agree about the farming part, but DE did add Kuva to the shop a couple weeks.

42 minutes ago, AJman14 said:

Agree about the farming part, but DE did add Kuva to the shop a couple weeks.

Forgot to put "this week" there.

We can't spend creds on kuva when we don't have kuva on store, they can decide when to activate those kuva trade so they should be able to control kuva flow easily even with uncapped prestige.

5 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Forgot to put "this week" there.

We can't spend creds on kuva when we don't have kuva on store, they can decide when to activate those kuva trade so they should be able to control kuva flow easily even with uncapped prestige.

Yes, I agree. Even if Kuva was always in the shop, players would be able to farm it much quicker through Disruption, Survival, or even Floods.

On 2019-10-06 at 12:01 PM, S3kshun13 said:

Also, wasting their lives doing night wave

On 2019-10-10 at 4:24 PM, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Also, wasting their lives doing night wave

Didn't stop me from doing every single act..