Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Order To Improve New Players' Experience On Early Levels..

SabreUr

To make life on Mercury a little easier I think that it would be good idea to introduce system similar to Cronus drop, (1st time 100% chance, 2nd for example 50%, 3rd 25% etc...) but with mods, IE:

(I don't insist that these mods have to be used and in that order, they seem to be most used in any build)

Terminus - Vitality

M Prime - Redirection

Caloris - Hornet Strike

Ellion - Serration

Lares - Something (Piercing Shot/No Return/Intruder :P)

and so on.

Second option would be (as was suggested few times before) granting player newbie mod-pack after killing Vor, but i think that newbs could use those mods as soon as possible.

No.

Work for your mods for more than 5 seconds.

300+ hours into the game.

I don't have Hornet strike.

I don't mind.

I just need to do a little certain defense missions

And I'll have it licketysplit!

Vitality and Redirection you usually find immediately anyway.

Serration I got in Venus.

You don't want to slap a mod that's so damn hard to upgrade on new players, otherwise they'll get scared about fusion.

No.

I don't mind.

You don't want to slap a mod that's so damn hard to upgrade on new players, otherwise they'll get scared about fusion.

e7d.jpg

Speaking of new player experience, recently I tried new weapon, it was unranked and unmoded so I went for Mercury, picked an easy level 2-3 infested extermination mission. Half way through, Lotus says "Somethings wrong, theres a heavy grineer approaching" in next room I see a cloud of grineer and 4, freaking 4 heavy grineer with rocket launchers LOL from that moment on there were only hoards of grineer, no infested. Killed 3 more heavies before exiting mission. Imagine brand new player getting this kind of surprise lol

I made a new account awhile back to test out how hard it really is for a new player. Managed to run through all of Mercury without dying after finding a squad of other noobs. I managed to pick up a No-return, Fast-Hands, Pressure Point and a Fast deflection, which helped.

in a squad of 4 the new player experience is fine. 

idk why people have so much trouble with serration xD, I made a new account last night ran Mercury's survival apollo and ended with 2 serrations.

Total time played about 2-3 hours lol

You got lucky once so it means everyone else also did! :DDDDD

Do you think beginners even bother with survival when it's not mandatory to do to get off mercury. And even then there are people who, unlike me, don't try to pick up all new shiny things they spot on the floor. So they will probably miss the things. 

And if they happen to get the mod they won't know how to slot them or upgrade them, unless they ask region chat and even then it's 1/10 chance they get the answer they seek instead of hollering laughing and S#&$ flinging.

And then (those strong souls who still soldier on) they finally learn how to slot mods, upgrade them and somehow along the way learned how to use foundry they will realize that they just did everything the game had to offer and they barely even got off mercury.

We need a longer tutorial or a baby sitter lotus.

When the guy hits Mercury, hand holding should still be allowed.

Like after the mission, "Oh hey you got a new mod, now hit the arsenal screen and choose to equip it !"

Or when he gets Cronus bp after Vor, Lotus will trigger when he first got it, then when the new guy has enough resource and inform him to build it at the Foundry etc.

Edited by fatpig84

We need a longer tutorial or a baby sitter lotus.

When the guy hits Mercury, hand holding should still be allowed.

Like after the mission, "Oh hey you got a new mod, now hit the arsenal screen and choose to equip it !"

Or when he gets Cronus bp after Vor, Lotus will trigger when he first got it, then when the new guy has enough resource and inform him to build it at the Foundry etc.

Yeah, that's good idea, though it should be skippable and replayable, so if someone plays with team, he won't lag behind listening to Lotus explaining things.

How about these mods are one-time rewards for finishing all missions in a system?

That works too i guess

No.

I don't mind.

I disagree, and the fact that you don't have it after 300 hours only (IMO) confirms what I said. The game does not explain that guns don't get more powerful with each rank, and for many people it would be safe assumption that it gets more damage with ranks. There is also no information that in order to make gun more powerful you have to get Serration/HS mod. Some people got it after few games, You didn't after 300 hours, which is mind-f*ing. I don't think that giving new player absolutely basic tool to make gun more potent would make someone's experience cheaper.  And first levels of those basic mods can be acquired very quickly and cheap, so i don't think that they would scare anyone.

I made a new account awhile back to test out how hard it really is for a new player. Managed to run through all of Mercury without dying after finding a squad of other noobs. I managed to pick up a No-return, Fast-Hands, Pressure Point and a Fast deflection, which helped.

in a squad of 4 the new player experience is fine. 

But how much did you carried such team? You are more or less experienced player that knows the ropes and more unique mechanisms of Warframe. After reset I had much easier times than the first time I started playing.

idk why people have so much trouble with serration xD, I made a new account last night ran Mercury's survival apollo and ended with 2 serrations.

Total time played about 2-3 hours lol

It's RNG.

When I reset my very first run I got serration, hornet strike and a banshee (I think)systems (which, naturally was followed by about 30 hours of horrible luck with drops)

Edited by Bakim0n0