Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Violet_Xe

The Issues with Kuva Lich Influence

Recommended Posts

So I'm assuming that the influence means we need to run over the missions currently being controlled by this lich? If so then this could have some issues if not handled with some semblance of caution. Yes it gives us something to do and brings us back to previous missions... but I have things to point out. 

REWARDS
Are we going to be rewarded for clearing these areas and punished for not? Because if we are punished it feels like a chore. If were rewarded, will you reward us enough. If both then what reward would be good enough to make us care. This is a serious issue because were going to be running base missions. To put that in perspective you're asking us to run missions with less value than our previous alerts. In return we get what?

TIME
We already have a multitude of things to acomplish every day. 6-9 syndicate missions daily, invasions, 3 sortie missions, nightmares, fissures, arbitrations, tons of nightwave requirements, resource farming, and leveling. Adding missions that spread is adding more to our plate which already takes up hours of our time. Some people may not have time to spare. Plus every now and then we get razorbacks, fomorians, ghouls, and fractures. How will this be handled or are you just going to chuck it into the game.

MISSIONS
probably by far the most important is the missions we run. They are previous existing missions DE. Missions you haven't actually added variety to. Exterminates are still vanilla. Captures remain stale and quick, mobile defense is somewhat boring and the same thing every time. These missions are not only distractions and unrewarding but created in such a way that they won't be fun. If you're going to make us go back and clear these missions of influence, we need it to be fun, not just rewarding. We need engagement so how will you provide this?

VETERAN CONTENT
Keep in mind these are normal missions that we need to complete. Starchart difficulty missions. Will this really end up being worth the wait on our part? I know we have a lack of information and I may be completly wrong but I'd like for DE to atleast consider it. If they're honestly trying to reward veteran players for their long term support then how will this be good for us. Surprises aren't always good, especially with DE's half baked track record of surprises.

I could be completely off my rocker but this influence system has me somewhat worried as it seems like it'll just be a reminder saying "hey remember this mission you did last year? yeah do it again because I tell you to, even if it isn't fun" That's my take anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Violet_Xe said:

Are we going to be rewarded for clearing these areas and punished for not? Because if we are punished it feels like a chore. If were rewarded, will you reward us enough. If both then what reward would be good enough to make us care. This is a serious issue because were going to be running base missions. To put that in perspective you're asking us to run missions with less value than our previous alerts. In return we get what?

Kuva weapons for rewards. For punishments, there have been no cases thus far that feature them. Plus they already said that these are unique missions in their own right, not the regular base missions.

2 minutes ago, Violet_Xe said:

TIME
We already have a multitude of things to acomplish every day. 6-9 syndicate missions daily, invasions, 3 sortie missions, nightmares, fissures, arbitrations, tons of nightwave requirements, resource farming, and leveling. Adding missions that spread is adding more to our plate which already takes up hours of our time. Some people may not have time to spare. Plus every now and then we get razorbacks, fomorians, ghouls, and fractures. How will this be handled or are you just going to chuck it into the game.

I mean... do you have to do all those things? Sure they are there, but it's not like you're punished for not doing so.

4 minutes ago, Violet_Xe said:

MISSIONS
probably by far the most important is the missions we run. They are previous existing missions DE. Missions you haven't actually added variety to. Exterminates are still vanilla. Captures remain stale and quick, mobile defense is somewhat boring and the same thing every time. These missions are not only distractions and unrewarding but created in such a way that they won't be fun. If you're going to make us go back and clear these missions of influence, we need it to be fun, not just rewarding. We need engagement so how will you provide this?

We see from the Railjack reveal that they have new enemies so, there's that. And there could well be new things to do in them, that's not been confirmed.

5 minutes ago, Violet_Xe said:

Keep in mind these are normal missions that we need to complete. Starchart difficulty missions. Will this really end up being worth the wait on our part? I know we have a lack of information and I may be completly wrong but I'd like for DE to atleast consider it. If they're honestly trying to reward veteran players for their long term support then how will this be good for us. Surprises aren't always good, especially with DE's half baked track record of surprises.

Kuva weapons. Upgraded weapons that have randomised stat bonuses. That sounds pretty decent a grind to me, to get a god roll Kuva gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Loza03 said:

Kuva weapons for rewards.

Kuva weapons. Upgraded weapons that have randomised stat bonuses. That sounds pretty decent a grind to me, to get a god roll Kuva gun.

Depending on how exactly these kuva weapons function and which weapons have kuva variants, they could serve as a reward maybe. But it's not like we need powerful weapons. We've already got weapons that destroy everything what good will kuva variations of content we've already played through do for us. They aren't different weapons right?

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I mean... do you have to do all those things? Sure they are there, but it's not like you're punished for not doing so.

Not saying you have to do all of them, but some people are already strapped for time given their priorities and available playtime. They can only fit so many missions into what can be considered dailies especially when so many hold relevance. Relic packs from syndicates, sortie rewards in general, nightwave can be relevant to alot of players, xp and resource farming is a pretty big time eater, and if zealots are here to stay then zealot codes will be something we need quite frequently. The increase in invasions also means fomorians and razorbacks show up more often.
You may not be punished directly but you miss out on stuff for not doing it, making it feel like necessity for some players. Perhaps if there wasn't so many temporary rewards like relics, nightwave, and events going on inbetween normal WF things I'd feel a little more comfortable with the influence. I mean if you can't get on for a couple of days what happens if you finda  whole planet or two taken over? That's like an hour or two of gametime to go through.

16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

they already said that these are unique missions in their own right, not the regular base missions.

And there could well be new things to do in them, that's not been confirmed.

If they did I missed that. Sorry. I'm not completely confidant that they'll make these missions worth playing but I guess that's good enough for now. I know that the missions have different enemies, but they seem like reskins of current enemies and not in the good way. Unlike the nightwatch core, they seem to only have different weapons. No different AI or attributes that mean anything significant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...