Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Changes to Clan and Alliance Management

(XBOX)Cephalon Bacon

Below I have a list of improvements I would like to see to the Clan and Alliance management. If you have criticisms or other suggestions, drop them in the comments below!

Clan Management

Include a decoration item that can contain rules when selected. This item opens up a panel that can be modified by Warlords only. Allow this item to have 10 rules maximum titles of 30 characters, and descriptions for each with a maximum of 300 characters.

Create a more fluid way to see donated decorations from each member. Perhaps instead of clicking each individual member, have a tab for resources donated, and have the list of names there to click on.

Alliance Management

Create a list visible by all with a list of all alliance members. This list divided into clans, that way it is more easily managed by leaders. List can star or highlight Warlords.

Within this list, moderators can moderate chats, and the Founding Warlord can mute or even remove members that are problematic to the alliance from their clan entirely.

Edited by (XB1)Cephalon Bacon

On 2019-10-06 at 2:22 PM, (XB1)Cephalon Bacon said:

Within this list, moderators can moderate chats, and the Founding Warlord can mute or even remove members that are problematic to the alliance from their clan entirely.

I just want some clarification for this. Would the founding warlord as stated in this line be a founding warlord of a clan or would the founding warlord the founding clan of said alliance in this line I quoted, If it's the latter I would have concerns with that as clans would be at a alliances mercy which can cause major disaster if founding warlords were to go rogue. If it's the former than i can see this being useful.

On 2019-10-06 at 2:22 PM, (XB1)Cephalon Bacon said:

Clan Management

Include a decoration item that can contain rules when selected. This item opens up a panel that can be modified by Warlords only. Allow this item to have 10 rules maximum titles of 30 characters, and descriptions for each with a maximum of 300 characters.

Create a more fluid way to see donated decorations from each member. Perhaps instead of clicking each individual member, have a tab for resources donated, and have the list of names there to click on.

This can work well, but I would think a rules section would be better to be placed on the clan page itself instead of having it be a dojo decoration as people might be more likely to dismiss the rules. It would be better to have it on clan page because of multiple reasons.

1. While listing rules on a clan discord server makes things easier not everyone is gonna want to join a clan discord server. On consoles people will be more likely to read the rules of a clan if there's easy access to those rules on the clan page the moment new members join a clan without having to rely on dojo decorations serving the same purpose, discord, etc.

2.  To have access to the dojo you need to build the clan key which means in order to read the rules you would have to either circumvent this by having the host of a squad send you to the dojo, wait 12 hours to build the key which would practically be a day for most people, or even rush the key.

3. If people ask where the rules are it would be better to say that it's in the clan page for easy access for people who just joined a clan. The MOTD can be used for this too, but doing so severely limits your ability to relay important info and/or announcements to clanmates and adding a rules section on the clan page would make it easy to list the rules of a clan; especially if a clan is a strict one as other clan members can easily direct new members to the rules page via the clan page.