Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOOMPATRIOT

When should I come back to Warframe?

Question

I stopped playing since January of this year, because Fortuna was really a low blow to me (Plains of Eidolon 2.0), I really don't care about Railjack that much, of course I will try it, but I am really sceptical (IMO it is just Archwing but way slower).

I have a riven for most of my favourite weapons, and I don't feel like I need all the Warframes (missing Khora, Baruuk, Hildryin, Revenant and whatever new frames there are).

I know that the Roadmap was a cruel joke, they putted difficulty in there somewhere (lol), any chance they actually putted that in Warframe , is Meele 3.0 ready, is the New War a good cinematic quest, what has DE been doing in the last 10 months?

In what day should I come back, or I shouldn't come back at all? (At least this year).

Been playing BDL 3, Destiny 2 and Brawlhalla having a blast rn.

11 answers to this question

I will probably be back after I get a bacon roll. 

After a few games I may switch off and play tanks.

Anytime is always a good time to come back to Warframe. Even if its just to stomp through a low level capture and crack a relic.

Edit, I once in the middle of a break from WF, popped solo into POE and went fishing, wreckless abandonment there eh!

3 hours ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

chill out it is just a videogame (and there are plenty more)

You're better off playing the plenty more. And I say this in a very chill and realistic mood. Considering what you said you enjoy and what you don't, the coming year or so of WF will offer nothing for you. 

hace 1 hora, Loza03 dijo:

Well, at least one new tileset and a new weapon type (presumably) in the Sentient arm cannon and its ilk. Past that, we don't know, but do bear in mind that with the exception of the Sacrifice, one big new gameplay shift has shown up with each cinematic quest. Usually relating to Operators. No guarantee, of course, but TNW should add a fair chunk of stuff. Details are obviously scarce though.

It will most likely come out after Railjack though, which will obviously be providing a pretty big chunk of content in its own right. And, to reiterate - it's probably a good idea, if you're taking a break, to give it a bit after DE bring out some big new tech. It will almost certainly have growing pains.

Thx for clearing it out, it really sounds interesting, hope DE can make it dope.

hace 1 hora, Uhkretor dijo:

... From what I've read here, you're better off not coming back at all...

... so, to save yourself the trouble, return in 30 years or so. Enough content should be released to feed you for a couple of hours, and to be given the luxury of choosing something of your liking... Assuming that Nature allows it, of course.

Dayum, I was just asking, chill out it is just a videogame (and there are plenty more), I am just saying my thoughts, just like you did, also dayum this is truly worst than last year, content-wise.

Hope DE can improve this, also thank you for reminding me how the white-knights are in this game.

Over the past 2 years or so DE has made a shift in their development focus. No Focus is the wrong word. Lets call it interests.

They've begun to heavily divide their playerbase. Warframe was once a game you could play in many ways but that's not really the case as times goes on and DE continues to show little interest in certain aspects of the game some players enjoyed so a result if you're one of those player then you may never be interested in returning.

DE got a huge spike of players during PoE and seems their sole interest since is to recreate that regardless of the state of the game as a whole. They keep players in a clean guest room while the rest of the house has leaking roofs and bugs crawling all over then just tell us there's nothing worth while outside the room and make sure it's a fact.

1 minute ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

Dayum, I was just asking, chill out it is just a videogame

... But I am, I just answered the thing... xD

I say new war should be good, so around end of this year or early next year

29 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Agreed. A lot of people elsewhere are saying Railjack, and whilst they might be right in terms of content (might. Who knows?) it'll take a little while to get the kinks out anyway. Likely will by TNW though, so that's a good time to jump in. New story + not having to deal with the bugs from early Railjack.

hace 53 minutos, Lazarow dijo:

hace 21 minutos, Loza03 dijo:

Agreed. A lot of people elsewhere are saying Railjack, and whilst they might be right in terms of content (might. Who knows?) it'll take a little while to get the kinks out anyway. Likely will by TNW though, so that's a good time to jump in. New story + not having to deal with the bugs from early Railjack.

Why, what it is going to have, content-wise, isn't it just another stupid Cinematic Quest?

3 minutes ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

Why, what it is going to have, content-wise, isn't it just another stupid Cinematic Quest?

Well, at least one new tileset and a new weapon type (presumably) in the Sentient arm cannon and its ilk. Past that, we don't know, but do bear in mind that with the exception of the Sacrifice, one big new gameplay shift has shown up with each cinematic quest. Usually relating to Operators. No guarantee, of course, but TNW should add a fair chunk of stuff. Details are obviously scarce though.

It will most likely come out after Railjack though, which will obviously be providing a pretty big chunk of content in its own right. And, to reiterate - it's probably a good idea, if you're taking a break, to give it a bit after DE bring out some big new tech. It will almost certainly have growing pains.

We know just as much about the upcoming content as you do, why ask us?

Actually, don't bother answering because everyone and their mother knows that this is thread is just drama-baiting poorly disguised as a legitimate question.

1 hour ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

In what day should I come back, or I shouldn't come back at all?

... From what I've read here, you're better off not coming back at all...

... Unless you choose otherwise, instead of saying things like:

21 minutes ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

just another stupid Cinematic Quest?

... or:

1 hour ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

I really don't care about Railjack that much

... because Railjack's going to be "Plains of Eidolon 3.0". If 2.0 wasn't good enough for you, 3.0 isn't going to be any better. And "The New War" is going to be:

21 minutes ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

just another stupid Cinematic Quest

... so, to save yourself the trouble, return in 30 years or so. Enough content should be released to feed you for a couple of hours, and to be given the luxury of choosing something of your liking... Assuming that Nature allows it, of course.