Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non

(PSN)Station2D-

1 hour ago, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

Mission & Affinity

The way to get affinity will be through the missions, that is, if the players want to level up their weapons (weapons, warframes, etc.) they will have to complete missions, the enemies will no longer grant affinity, if the players complete a mission already they will not be able to obtain more affinity of that mission, the affinity that the mission granted depends on the level of the mission, once you have completed a mission you will have to wait one day for the affinity granted by that mission to be restored

Why?
Why do you want to slow down affinity gains that much, and make it much more annoying and tedious (while also making it even easier to AFK farm.  After all now I no longer even need to keep up with the team, I just need to have the mission be complete)

What do you expect the results of this to be?  Realistically?
Do you think it'll create a roaming pack going through the starchart?  Because I really doubt that would happen.
People would just play a few high level missions and then wait for the affinity alerts (which would be another stupidly annoying system) and do nothing else as it just wouldn't be worth the time or effort.

Plus this would pretty much kill long runs.
After all why push to 8 zones in ESO when 1 zone gives just as much affinity!

All this does is take options away from the players (E.G. they can no longer level how they want) and makes leveling slow and tedious.

And for what benefit?
You never once stated how this would be beneficial, or fun, for anyone involved.

Focus system

The way to get focus points will be through orbs that appear in the missions, the orbs are portals that take players to temporary areas where players will have to eliminate enemies to get focus points before time runs out, the level of the enemies in the time zone and the amount of time will depend on the level of the lens that the players have, the players can only have one lens in their equipment, the players can deactivate the lenses so that the orbs do not appear in the missions

So basically "If you want focus you have to leave the mission objective and your squad behind for who knows how long!  Hopefully you aren't doing a defense where the frost just randomly and constantly disappears instead of doing the objective!  Or you're not doing a survival where 1+ members of the team just left and are no longer getting you air support!"
After all if you're actually farming focus then you're purely a 100% detriment to the party you are in since you'll randomly have to leave and abandon the objective to get focus instead of just playing the mission, like you do currently.

Further a change like this will just kill ESO...and one of its main purposes, even according to DE, is focus farming.  I mean what would even be the point of ESO without affinity/focus?  It would just be a completely dead mode.

At least it won't be as crippling if it goes with your first idea which kills any and all purpose for runs beyond the first rotation.

Affinity Based Missions

These missions will come in the form of alerts, when completing the mission you will be awarded affinity points that you can distribute as mastery or affinity points for your weaponry or focus points, the enemies in this alert will also grant affinity, if players fail they will not get points

So basically bring back alerts (a maligned system) that pretty much goes "If you can't sit on the alert app all day, and be ready to completely abandon everything IRL to hop into game, then you will just have a really annoying time leveling anything in the game!"

This would just, with the first idea, turn the entire gameplay loop into a massive "sit there and twiddle your thumbs and hope that a high enough level affinity alert become available while you can play the game!"  while massively slowing down leveling.

And for what purpose?
What would this add to the game?
How would it make anything more fun?

Mastery & Arbitrations

The way to get mastery points will be through arbitrations, that is, players will no longer be able to obtain mastery points by other means such as weaponry (weapons, warframes, etc), each time you complete an arbitration mission you will get mastery points but if you fail the mission you will not get anything, it should be noted that if the players die they cannot be revived and will not get points

This would again just be annoying.
Its basically telling people "You can only get mastery once an hour!  And only in a randomly selected mission!"
While at the same time killing long duration arbitration missions.

After all you load into an arbitration and the first reward is given out....and everyone is leaving (with potential for host migration) because they got their mastery and nothing else matters.

• Mastery test: Players will no longer be able to choose the weaponry they will use in the mastery test, the system will choose the weaponry that players will use, each mastery test will have different armaments for players so that players cannot make No change

This is about the only good points in your post.
This would stop mastery from being cheesed like it is, such as the stealth mission being cheesed by Loki.
Could go hand in hand with redesigning the mastery tests to actually reinforce skills and knowledge of game mechanics.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

all of this sounds terribly from a fundamental standpoint.  taking bets that this ends up in the game some time after never.

This is literally someone trying to promote a crappy arse system but if you looked at the bottom of the text of the post its kinda F-ing obvious what the person was aiming for:

Its a bloody EFF-ing troll who wants to spam bad ideas and likely treats the feedback thread as another form of Region chat, I suggest everyone make sure to report`m for clearly terrible ideas who did not even take the time to explain the WHY have such systems, HOW it would be an improvement to the existing system, IF it can be functionally put into the game without D.E. needing to just straight up redesign half the game`s elements for the crap and etc. and finally WHERE does it even mesh into the existing game, cause we all know that its quite asinine to think a company should straight up demolish a game`s entire design for one retarded type of system.

Cause honestly this sounds like some kind of Diablo+Call of Duty crossover system which just promotes players to be constant d-heads to abandon objectives to chase some hype train of yolo on top of basically ignoring how people have other things they do then just play a single online free to play game. Though of course CoD and similar titles get dragged straight into the inner core layer of the planet due to scummy practices shoveled in the majority of them.

hace 4 horas, Tsukinoki dijo:

Why?
Why do you want to slow down affinity gains that much, and make it much more annoying and tedious (while also making it even easier to AFK farm.  After all now I no longer even need to keep up with the team, I just need to have the mission be complete)

What do you expect the results of this to be?  Realistically?
Do you think it'll create a roaming pack going through the starchart?  Because I really doubt that would happen.
People would just play a few high level missions and then wait for the affinity alerts (which would be another stupidly annoying system) and do nothing else as it just wouldn't be worth the time or effort.

Plus this would pretty much kill long runs.
After all why push to 8 zones in ESO when 1 zone gives just as much affinity!

All this does is take options away from the players (E.G. they can no longer level how they want) and makes leveling slow and tedious.

And for what benefit?
You never once stated how this would be beneficial, or fun, for anyone involved.

Why ?, There are hundreds of missions in the game but players only use a mission (Hydron for example) to get affinity, that's wrong, you remember Ceres: Draco ?, the current process to get affinity is less fun and less challenging, just analyze it

So basically "If you want focus you have to leave the mission objective and your squad behind for who knows how long!  Hopefully you aren't doing a defense where the frost just randomly and constantly disappears instead of doing the objective!  Or you're not doing a survival where 1+ members of the team just left and are no longer getting you air support!"
After all if you're actually farming focus then you're purely a 100% detriment to the party you are in since you'll randomly have to leave and abandon the objective to get focus instead of just playing the mission, like you do currently.

Further a change like this will just kill ESO...and one of its main purposes, even according to DE, is focus farming.  I mean what would even be the point of ESO without affinity/focus?  It would just be a completely dead mode.

At least it won't be as crippling if it goes with your first idea which kills any and all purpose for runs beyond the first rotation.

Let me explain, the temporary zones are a more challenging and diverse process for the players compared with the current process, the temporary zones will be affected by the level of the lens you are using, the players can deactivate the lenses so that the time zones do not appear, also the process takes a few seconds

So basically bring back alerts (a maligned system) that pretty much goes "If you can't sit on the alert app all day, and be ready to completely abandon everything IRL to hop into game, then you will just have a really annoying time leveling anything in the game!"

This would just, with the first idea, turn the entire gameplay loop into a massive "sit there and twiddle your thumbs and hope that a high enough level affinity alert become available while you can play the game!"  while massively slowing down leveling.

And for what purpose?
What would this add to the game?
How would it make anything more fun?

These alerts are optional and give you the option of obtaining more affinity, that is why they are temporary, in a nutshell they are a facility for the players and therefore they must be temporary, the alerts encourage players to play, that is the point

This would again just be annoying.
Its basically telling people "You can only get mastery once an hour!  And only in a randomly selected mission!"
While at the same time killing long duration arbitration missions.

After all you load into an arbitration and the first reward is given out....and everyone is leaving (with potential for host migration) because they got their mastery and nothing else matters.

It will be more difficult, it will be slower, but that is the idea

It will be more difficult, it will be slower, but that is the idea

An idea that nobody asked for or appreciates. Thank you for another wonderful and ridiculously badly thought out idea, please never come again later.

• Like 1

I'd be happy to have a minor secondary objective in a mission that rewards large lump of focus, like 10k. The current focus spawning ball and kill as many enemies in a short time is awful. Most of the time the focus gain is pitiful. But the focus buffs need to be more relevant to warframes (not to tenno) for me to even care enough to begrudgingly play sanctuary onslaught. 

In theory, I'd like to move XP/Affinity/Focus rewards away from kills and reward them for objectives and mission completion only. Horde shooters tend to work best when combat mechanics serve as the glue which keeps the game's overall objective structure together, with enemies offering both a distraction and an obstacle on the way to accomplishing some kind of broader overall goal. I can cite at least two games which do this in different ways off the top of my head - Payday 2 and Space Marine.

The problem with doing this to Warframe, however, is that most missions have no real objective complexity. The majority of the game breaks down to rushing past all of the enemies to the ONE objective, then rushing past all of the enemies to the end. Quite literally the only reason we have to fight anything in the first place is for XP and drops. Honestly, this is probably my biggest issue with Warframe, even more so than any balance concerns I might have - there's so little objective complexity that most missions boil down to either skipping all of the enemies or grinding out kills. And while the game's combat system isn't bad, it's not enough to carry the entire game with nothing else going on. That way of playing games is so reductive as to KILL any potential longevity.

I mentioned two games as examples, so let me get into them. Payday 2 is the better example, as "kills" in that game quite literally don't matter most of the time. At least the good heists always have a few objectives running for players at the same time. Usually you're guarding a hack/drill that enemies can pause, you're scavenging for bonus loot bags which then need to be guarded and you're also controlling/moving/guarding hostages. Enemies exist on the map and you HAVE to fight them, but fighting them isn't the point. You shoot cops in that game to get them out of your way, to keep them off your valuables and to clear the area so you can work the objectives. Only a single Heist exists where "kill enemies" is the objective (Panic Room, incidentally), with most treating enemies as a nuisance rather than an objective.

Space Marine by contrast is a much more traditional horde shooter. The goal of the game IS to kill all of the enemies who spawn so you can proceed to the next wave and eventually the next map. Enemy kills grant no rewards of any kind, because all of the game's progression happens at the end of a run. XP is awarded based on how far players progressed through the waves. While kill stats ARE kept, they don't determine rewards.

I have a dream of Warframe some day becoming a more objective-focused game with more complex mission objectives and more concurrent side objectives. There ARE inklings of this already in the game. Kuva Assault is a VERY objective-heavy mode with a large number of steps necessary to complete and even a BIT of bag-moving. Syndicate missions in general offer a secondary objective of finding token pick-ups for the issuing Syndicate. The game HAS a "bag-carrying mechanic" in the form of carrying Power Cells, Data Masses and other such objects. All of the tools exist to let players collect pick-ups, secure loot, do side objectives and balance all of this against a shifting main objective at the same time... It's just no missions exist which do this. The majority of them are HIGHLY reductive and come down to just bull-rushing past enemies.

I'd like a version of Warframe where all the XP was stored in mission completion rewards where fighting enemies was more of a side activity one did along the way, but that's not the game we have. At this point, I'm not entirely convinced that DE even have the chops to pull off objective-based content at all.

En 7/10/2019 a las 5:07, Steel_Rook dijo:

In theory, I'd like to move XP/Affinity/Focus rewards away from kills and reward them for objectives and mission completion only. Horde shooters tend to work best when combat mechanics serve as the glue which keeps the game's overall objective structure together, with enemies offering both a distraction and an obstacle on the way to accomplishing some kind of broader overall goal. I can cite at least two games which do this in different ways off the top of my head - Payday 2 and Space Marine.

The problem with doing this to Warframe, however, is that most missions have no real objective complexity. The majority of the game breaks down to rushing past all of the enemies to the ONE objective, then rushing past all of the enemies to the end. Quite literally the only reason we have to fight anything in the first place is for XP and drops. Honestly, this is probably my biggest issue with Warframe, even more so than any balance concerns I might have - there's so little objective complexity that most missions boil down to either skipping all of the enemies or grinding out kills. And while the game's combat system isn't bad, it's not enough to carry the entire game with nothing else going on. That way of playing games is so reductive as to KILL any potential longevity.

I mentioned two games as examples, so let me get into them. Payday 2 is the better example, as "kills" in that game quite literally don't matter most of the time. At least the good heists always have a few objectives running for players at the same time. Usually you're guarding a hack/drill that enemies can pause, you're scavenging for bonus loot bags which then need to be guarded and you're also controlling/moving/guarding hostages. Enemies exist on the map and you HAVE to fight them, but fighting them isn't the point. You shoot cops in that game to get them out of your way, to keep them off your valuables and to clear the area so you can work the objectives. Only a single Heist exists where "kill enemies" is the objective (Panic Room, incidentally), with most treating enemies as a nuisance rather than an objective.

Space Marine by contrast is a much more traditional horde shooter. The goal of the game IS to kill all of the enemies who spawn so you can proceed to the next wave and eventually the next map. Enemy kills grant no rewards of any kind, because all of the game's progression happens at the end of a run. XP is awarded based on how far players progressed through the waves. While kill stats ARE kept, they don't determine rewards.

I have a dream of Warframe some day becoming a more objective-focused game with more complex mission objectives and more concurrent side objectives. There ARE inklings of this already in the game. Kuva Assault is a VERY objective-heavy mode with a large number of steps necessary to complete and even a BIT of bag-moving. Syndicate missions in general offer a secondary objective of finding token pick-ups for the issuing Syndicate. The game HAS a "bag-carrying mechanic" in the form of carrying Power Cells, Data Masses and other such objects. All of the tools exist to let players collect pick-ups, secure loot, do side objectives and balance all of this against a shifting main objective at the same time... It's just no missions exist which do this. The majority of them are HIGHLY reductive and come down to just bull-rushing past enemies.

I'd like a version of Warframe where all the XP was stored in mission completion rewards where fighting enemies was more of a side activity one did along the way, but that's not the game we have. At this point, I'm not entirely convinced that DE even have the chops to pull off objective-based content at all.

Nice to see you, many things in this game need a rework like combat, missions and many other points, but we also have to be positive, fights with eidolons, assault missions are good signs so there is hope, the simplicity of the game has given problems and that is the reason why the current methods of obtaining affinity are bad

• 1 month later...
En 7/10/2019 a las 1:58, Test-995 dijo:

Please don't make leveling more annoying than now?

Affinity grind is already boring and tedious as is, if anything it should be easier

I disagree, making things easier will make players get bored, the methods of obtaining affinity in the game are a cheese for the players and that is not the idea

En 7/10/2019 a las 4:31, VanFanel1980mx dijo:

I got a better idea, max rank weapons don't suck up affinity in any shape or form, that way the optimal way to level up stuff you wouldn't need to equip only one or two items, when it comes to focus then just let them stack (if you have several of the same lens.)

I do not agree, that would mean that players would not have to undo weapons and that will make things easier, the idea is to make things challenging

On 2019-11-11 at 10:14 PM, (PS4)StationOfDead said:

I do not agree, that would mean that players would not have to undo weapons and that will make things easier, the idea is to make things challenging

Why do you want challenge for leveling up your gear? that's for normal play, people want to be done with experience farming ASAP so they can go back to actually playing the content they like.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx
  • Like 1