Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the purpose of "downtime" between Nightwave seasons/intermissions?

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

We can simply turn around this question:
Will you stop playing, if you have to wait 1 week? What's so bad about waiting 1 week? Do people not have any patience anymore?

I'm not sure which logical fallacy this is, but I know it's one of them.

I will ask again, what is the point of temporarily removing content? 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

I'm not sure which logical fallacy this is, but I know it's one of them.

I will ask again, what is the point of temporarily removing content? 

To let people take breath from mindless grind of nightwave?? For me time without Nora bullS#&$ is like divine blessing

Edited by Syq111

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

We can simply turn around this question:
Will you stop playing, if you have to wait 1 week? What's so bad about waiting 1 week? Do people not have any patience anymore?

Turning the Q around doesn't really do anything tbh 

If people want to wait a week, then they can simply do that. Nobody's really forcing anything here. Currently you're taking away something (NW offerings) from people and 'somewhat' giving something (rest) to other people, so we have a + and a - 

You can simply give out both and have 2 positives. If people want to take a break then they can do so on their own will

At this point, this is just a lazy way to say 'We're not quite ready yet for the next season, give us some time', which is ok if they come out and say this, but then just make the Intermission last longer if that's the case 

• Like 3

Hey guys,

Isn't it a little early to be going at this conversation? You know, it's a little too early to tell what's coming after Nightwave series 2 ends. And how much of a space there is in between this one and the next; not to be judged off the first series to second series surely.

Been plenty of changes on series 2 from the previous and there's been a lot of time on this series to perhaps allow them time to produce another intermission or series that could be ready right after.

Maybe I have missed some announcement that there will be a week after the first ends, and a 3rd begins. Entirely possible as all I've read is that this series ends on the 13th.

Any source available where it's been stated to have a week long period off?

Edited by Alcatraz

1 hour ago, Alcatraz said:

Any source available where it's been stated to have a week long period off?

Devstream 131, they stated that we'll have one week of, followed by an intermission.

3 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

While I get what you are saying, it doesn't help the topic, as it was a question as to why.

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

We're not quite ready yet for the next season, give us some time

Would be my guess, not sure though why they don't just say that, I mean, that's perfectly fine, no one is going to die because they have to wait a week.

It is for pacing reasons, do people feel less burdened and stressed and 'required' to log in and do x, or can take a break to work on other stuff.

Purely a psychological tool and has a lot with how people respond to constant requests and demands, even optional ones that are habitually ttained. ( spoiler- not well after a while).

You don't need or want a break, that is fine.  Many people respond positively to a short enforced one, it is why most games have downtime after a grind or long level.  Don't worry about it much, next week it will be back and good to go.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ogundiety said:

It is for pacing reasons, do people feel less burdened and stressed and 'required' to log in and do x, or can take a break to work on other stuff.

If people feel stressed out or burdened over a video game, then they need to get help. What about everyone who actually wants to play the game and earn rewards next week? 

8 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Why not ask support?

Because this is feedback. 

Also, is everyone forgetting how forgiving Nightwave is? If you want to take a week off, go for it. If you want to take three weeks off, have fun. The catch-up system works well, and there's so much extra Standing you can earn that there is literally FOMO. 

A week down makes some sense from DE's perspective. Firstly it gives them a week of people whining that nightwave isn't there instead of whining that it is. Secondly it allows just a bit more time to make sure everything is ready. Thirdly, it's a very easy way to build some anticipation for new content without DE having to make huge changes in the game in the order of magnitude of empyrean. In short it's for pacing, it's just something that everyone needs to deal with it's just the way it is and highly unlikely to change.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

It's just a week where nobody can get any Nitain, Aura mods, or Vauban parts. Who benefits from this? Why can't the next season/intermission simply start immediately after the last thing ends?

So they can make the next one, obviously.

This isn't rocket science.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Since they all start at the same time as all platforms. Certifications for consoles have to be in order.

I hope that isn't the case, because waiting for console to get PC content is not a good path to go down. Nightwave needs a better structure, because between the Wolf of Saturn Six, Intermission, Emissary, and now this new Intermission, I feel there is no consistent calendar for how this works, and it's going down the same road as "Sortie seasons". We all know how great those were...

15 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Do people not have any patience anymore?

The warframe community is patience, they sit here and give DE the benefit of the doubt. They'll wait years for an update that they don't even know is going to by any good. 

e.g. Plains of Eidolon, Fortuna, soon to be Railjack

• Like 1

Because there are people who: lack self control, the ability to pace themselves, unable to understand what "forced" means, and are (still) unable to understand what they "need" to do for Nightwave.

It only makes sense for there to be a "break" period for these people to calm down to try and prevent the burnout they put themselves through. I expect that soon enough we'll probably see mid-season breaks of no acts just for them as well.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Since they all start at the same time as all platforms. Certifications for consoles have to be in order.

If that's the case then they should be submitting for certifications sooner.

That's the unfortunate price you pay for seamless updates on all platforms. 

y'all do realize the ACTUAL reason there's downtime in between nightwave season 2 and intermission is because they need to sync up the start of it with all platforms (which goes through cert on consoles) and intermission exists so we dont have months of nothing to do while they work on season 3... right? 

Just now, Hawkstormz said:

reasom is beacause nightwave puts pressure on people even after the catchup changes. Having that pressure constantly would wear people down.

That's assuming everyone is on the same level of "current burnout"

Cause having a week where you need like two Nitain to build some Macguffin that is your current primary focus and being told "Whelp sucks to be you for a week" isn't totally the kind of thing that'd have people saying "well hecc that game then".

Then again I almost quit this game twice back when I was first starting because of the time delay on the crafting system and that's usually only like 12-24hrs.  Things are a lot different when you're early in the game and have limited gear to work with and all you can think about is the next thing you can build VS when you're looking at a dragons hoard of 500+ Nitain and already have pretty much everything in the game. That week of not being able to build the thing you have your eye/heart set on can definitely be enough to get people trying other games 

Having a week break is no skin off my neck, I've got everything I care about, plus a Zhuge Prime, it's the people who don't have everything that I care about. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

It's just a week where nobody can get any Nitain, Aura mods, or Vauban parts. Who benefits from this? Why can't the next season/intermission simply start immediately after the last thing ends?

It's because it takes time to set up the next Nightwave story.  Apparently the person (or people) who create the little diorama scenes and code things like the various NPCs spawning into normal missions is also working on "other things."  Nightwave isn't their main task.  And when Season One ended, it actually took quite a while before they even had time to slap together the Intermission so that players could continue to get Nitain. 

It's also to give people a break from feeling like they "need" to grind for cosmetics or unique rewards like the Umbra Forma.  A week (or month, but this time they said a week) with no grinding required at all, and then the Intermission so that newer players have a source for Nitain and the Orokin reactors for building Warframes.  People who don't need those resources are free to ignore it, and since the last Intermission capped out at rank 15 and had no Prestige afterwards there's a maximum amount of grinding built into the Intermission anyway.

In any case, the breaks in between are on purpose to give players a chance to wind down between Nightwave series.  A little break now and then isn't a bad thing, as long is it doesn't stretch out to the point that it is blockading player's ability to build Vauban (or anything that needs Nitain.)  And last time when the gap did drag on, DE started selectively releasing Gift of the Lotus alerts to give people a chance at the resources and such.