Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)trontor

Petition: Add Kuva to Nightwave Credit offerings this week

@[DE]Rebecca: Hello Rebecca, as you are in charge of live operation this probably falls into your responsibility.

Can you please add Kuva to this week's Nightwave Credit offerings?

I strongly suspect that there are lot of veteran players who like me ...

• ... have enough Orokin Catalysts (12), Orokin Reactors (10) and Nitrain Extract (59).
  • ... spent all their credits on Kuva the last time it was sold.
  • ... have acquired a lot of credits since then.

The option to use my remaining credits to stock up on Kuva would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for listening.

The Cred offerings are random, and the Kuva from Nightwave is one of the worst conversions there is. It's unnecessary for DE to force it in rotation. Just spend Creds on Nitain. Kuva is easily farmed at a much better rate elsewhere.

25 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The Cred offerings are random, and the Kuva from Nightwave is one of the worst conversions there is. It's unnecessary for DE to force it in rotation. Just spend Creds on Nitain. Kuva is easily farmed at a much better rate elsewhere.

The issue isn't that the conversion is bad or that Kuva is easily farmed elsewhere (it's not, btw). The issue is that many players have enough Nitain already, and feel like buying more is a waste of creds. I have 250+. You need 175 to build everything in the game, excluding Aura forma, and I have built everything and have enough Aura forma (which is why I spent all my creds on Nitain last time).

35 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Once you have a few hundred nitain though the only good item in the credit store is Kuva.

Nothing else in the store is worth it.  Plenty of players have enough nitain to last them through one plus years of content releases that may require the resource.

Meanwhile Kuva is much more immediately valuable and needed as you can go through that quite quickly.

With the introduction of kuva into the nightwave creds I"m of the opinion that nightwave should always end with Kuva available so that people can cash out their credits on an actually useful resource instead of ending with a bunch of dead credits at the end because quite literally everything else in the cred shop is pure trash to a vet.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

There's a total of 189 (+18) nitain needed for everything in game....  there comes a point where you've built everything that uses nitain and you end up getting a stockpile of 'spare' nitain....then there are players like me who well you can see from below my reasons for wanting kuva... (I've just copied my post from another thread). 

Yeah it is a little annoying that I literally have NOTHING I can spend the creds I've made in the last 2ish weeks.... the only cred store item I actually have a reason to buy is kuva, I have 29 (c) and 18 (r) potatoes, 165 nitain, already have all the auras (multiple in some cases), skins and vauban....there is literally nothing in there for me to spend my remaining creds on, there isn't even forma, not that I really need them either. 

As you can see I almost have enough nitain to build EVERYTHING in the game a second time....I am what you would class as an 'end gamer' and while we can get kuva elsewhere, kuva from nightwave was for some of us the ONLY thing we actually had any reason to use our creds on.

So like the OP I would like it adding for this week please.

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Once you have a few hundred nitain though the only good item in the credit store is Kuva.

Nothing else in the store is worth it.  Plenty of players have enough nitain to last them through one plus years of content releases that may require the resource.

Meanwhile Kuva is much more immediately valuable and needed as you can go through that quite quickly.

With the introduction of kuva into the nightwave creds I"m of the opinion that nightwave should always end with Kuva available so that people can cash out their credits on an actually useful resource instead of ending with a bunch of dead credits at the end because quite literally everything else in the cred shop is pure trash to a vet.

The perspective of a player matters in what is "enough". What the people disagreeing with me feel is that you always want more Kuva as opposed to Nitain because you have "enough" Nitain after mastering the items and a few Aura Forma. "Enough" is subjective, and my personal perspective is that "enough" Nitain Extract is 300+ spare, 175 for all Mastery, and an Aura Forma for every Warframe (Prime and Non-Prime). Most people would see this is as pointless and past 175 is useless. To me, any amount of Kuva over 50,000 spare is useless given the abysmal chance at anything worth value in my inventory for the time spent farming and rolling Rivens. I don't see Nitain as pure trash, but I see the Kuva as such. The time it takes to afford 10,000 Kuva (a week or so) compared to 30 minutes of farming any reliable method is trash to me. I don't see Kuva as valuable at all, and I understand I'm a minority for feeling that way.

With this in mind, this is where the problem is highlighted. It does not matter whether Kuva is available or not. Nightwave as a system cannot cater to everyone at the same time. Not every new player is the same, and not every Veteran has the same goal.

Would I say anything if Kuva was forced? No. I really don't care. What I do care about is that the problem is not whether Kuva or Nitain is good or whether one should be available, it's the overall problem with Nightwave that people seem to not approach.

Don't approach the Kuva for unused Creds problem, attack the point that the entire Creds shop is a terrible system to begin with. Essentially you are just trying to impose on me that Nitain cannot be more valuable than Kuva to a long term player. The reality is that said value varies between players and it doesn't matter because Nightwave Creds as a whole don't and won't cater to everyone unless rotations are removed and the shop just stands all season.

If DE force Kuva based on demand, it sets an odd precedent. The only reason I don't really see them doing this is because I could ask why the Wolf Beacon isn't available every rotation or some other item and argue that I needed X and X is unavailable when I have extra Creds.

The type of player that is at the point where Kuva is the only useful thing to get out of Nightwave Creds is also the type of player that will have continued to earn Nightwave Cred well past rank 30 and have an excess built up this week.  And also the type of player that will feel betrayed by the game for not properly rewarding them for their effort/time commitment.

Catalysts, Reactors, and Nitain uses all have very reachable caps.  There is a point where you can not productively use any more even if you wanted to.  But there are near limitless opportunities for you to re-roll one of the 60...90... however many riven mods you can have.  Adding Kuva to this week (and making it a permanent offering from then on) will guarantee a reward that will always have a use (and will never reach a point where the game's systems discourage you from using any more of it).

Both sides of this 'issue' have very valid points. And i stand in between.  Although it does make me question that at such a 'sensitive' time why not just add kuva and or ALL the cred offerings of this season on this final week?  I honestly do not see the problem.  it will cater to practically every player type (casual, new, vet) and prevent all this jabber.  
Again i am neither or for, and more or less just curious.  But is there a reason (statistical, logical, etc) that will prove this a terrible thing to do that will break the game? the market? will DE loose money? Did someone on DE just forget to click/add kuva to the cred store?   if so, then i stand corrected.    Either way, personally, i don't really care.   😛  just wanted to add my 'feelings' too  lol 

1st time kuva is out on the NW market : "Booo it's so bad, not enough kuva per cred, boooo, no one buy that !"

Now : "No kuva ? Boooo, I can't live without kuva in the NW store ! Contact DE ! Make petitions ! Boooo !"

Le 7/10/2019 à 09:24, (PS4)trontor a dit :

@[DE]Rebecca: Hello Rebecca, as you are in charge of live operation this probably falls into your responsibility.

Can you please add Kuva to this week's Nightwave Credit offerings?

I strongly suspect that there are lot of veteran players who like me ...

• ... have enough Orokin Catalysts (12), Orokin Reactors (10) and Nitrain Extract (59).
  • ... spent all their credits on Kuva the last time it was sold.
  • ... have acquired a lot of credits since then.

The option to use my remaining credits to stock up on Kuva would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for listening.

This is not a petition

31 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

1st time kuva is out on the NW market : "Booo it's so bad, not enough kuva per cred, boooo, no one buy that !"

Now : "No kuva ? Boooo, I can't live without kuva in the NW store ! Contact DE ! Make petitions ! Boooo !"

Classic "community as a whole" response, how pointless...

You do know there'll be a intermission in 2 weeks, get the kuva then or you just farm it from the 4 different mision types that are made for dispensing kuva.

Also why is this DE rebecca's "responsibility"? She's the community manager, how does that convert to she has control of nightwave? 

il y a une heure, Test-995 a dit :

Classic "community as a whole" response, how pointless...

Your answer is pointless. I am pointing out the reason why there is no kuva in the first place, and poking at community's general hypocrisy. Did you feel targeted maybe ? 

You, on the other hand, are just trying to shut down my comment because... You didn't like it I guess. You sure are constructiv here buddy ! Oh you sure taught me here buddy !

I'm entirely open to discussion, but if that's all you got to say, you're free to go buddy !

54 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

You do know there'll be a intermission in 2 weeks

Creds for this season dont transfer to intermission, the person is asking to force kuva in rotation so they can spend their creds on kuva as they need nothing else

I would like to see the rewards rotate within the week, that is, shorten the rotation schedule. Or, as others suggest, have kuva show up more often or become one of the evergreen rewards like nitain. 

I agree using the word "petition" is misleading and it should have just used "suggestion" to not distract from the fact that is really what this is.  But when the game is struggling with so many systems feeling unrewarding (sorties, ESO, arbitrations), how often do you get an easy opportunity like this to show that while reworking systems to be more rewarding is not a trivial issue, at least you made every effort to do what you could to help with it.  Low hanging fruit, act of good faith, and all that...