Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The staticor is insanely op.

(XBOX)Dark SalvationX

So just to clarify im referring to the charge attack that was boosted by the mod that gives it 50% extra blast radios. Its larger than a frost bubble and kills you in 3 or 4 shots extremely op as a finisher, kills people through walls, Its extremely spammable.

The staticor also feels pretty ridiculous in pve as well but in both modes its just extremely massive and its made alot of people quit conclave some even quit the game because of how many months this has unfortunately been this way. We try to forbid people from useing it because people quit but there is always that one guy. 

I say cut the aoe size and damage in half for conclave... Maybe even pve. Its ruined conclave for a long time, Lots of players were hoping it had been nerfed by now. 

You might want to start with "I'm talking about PvP", that aside...most people don't really...well, care, about Conclave. Though I could see DE doing something about the 'killing through walls' thing. As for the PvE aspect...we have lots of weapons that are just as OP as the staticor so...*shrug*. Clearly it wasn't seeing as much use as DE would like or they wouldn't have given it's recent buff, though it's possible it's Conclave buff was not intended.

• Like 2

15 минут назад, Hixlysss сказал:

You might want to start with "I'm talking about PvP", that aside...most people don't really...well, care, about Conclave. Though I could see DE doing something about the 'killing through walls' thing. As for the PvE aspect...we have lots of weapons that are just as OP as the staticor so...*shrug*. Clearly it wasn't seeing as much use as DE would like or they wouldn't have given it's recent buff, though it's possible it's Conclave buff was not intended.

Dude, you're in Conclave feedback section, huh?

And yes, Staticor is now videly considered as a pussy weapon since it demands little skill to land a huge AoE.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, (XB1)Dark SalvationX said:

So just to clarify im referring to the charge attack that was boosted by the mod that gives it 50% extra blast radios. Its larger than a frost bubble and kills you in 3 or 4 shots extremely op as a finisher, kills people through walls, Its extremely spammable.

The staticor also feels pretty ridiculous in pve as well but in both modes its just extremely massive and its made alot of people quit conclave some even quit the game because of how many months this has unfortunately been this way. We try to forbid people from useing it because people quit but there is always that one guy. 

I say cut the aoe size and damage in half for conclave... Maybe even pve. Its ruined conclave for a long time, Lots of players were hoping it had been nerfed by now. 

This is rich coming from you, dark. I do agree with you though. The staticor stands way ahead of its peers in aoe and damage potential. It also has good utility with guaranteed knockdowns if you run into somebody with it. Just a bit strong where it is right now. Maybe a 30% reduction in AOE radius and an increase in the time it takes to fully charge would fix this weapon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

Dude, you're in Conclave feedback section, huh?

And yes, Staticor is now videly considered as a pussy weapon since it demands little skill to land a huge AoE.

Whoops, my bad, I just saw this on the right of the screen when I came on the forums, didn't notice what section of the forums it was XD I often forget conclave is a thing honestly...

That aside, what other AoE weapons go through walls? I'm curious now...If things like the Simulor, Angstrum, Ogris can do similar(But with less range) then perhaps the Staticor just needs his stats reverted to pre-buff state...for conclave at least.

7 минут назад, Hixlysss сказал:

That aside, what other AoE weapons go through walls? I'm curious now...If things like the Simulor, Angstrum, Ogris can do similar(But with less range) then perhaps the Staticor just needs his stats reverted to pre-buff state...for conclave at least.

I use Tonkor in PvE, pretty much shooting at doors and everything behind it dies.

For Conclave explosive weapons arent't best to use through walls since very low ammo reserves. Unless you're very good at tracking people on radar or predicting opponents. But even in this case direct hit with blast will be better.

In the Conclave, AoE weapons should have radial fall-off and LoS restriction. Some don't have it, and Staticor is probably the biggest offender.

But while I haven't been around when it happened and I'm a bit fuzzy on how the all the weapons behaved back in the day -- I'd still say it's probably "not anymore" because some PvE rework happened, the new stats/projectiles made their way into the Conclave, as well, and they simply have never been fixed.

P.S. Older threads here, here and here, and I'd wager it has been brought up a few times before that, too.

• Like 1