Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone else hate to forma weapons?

devidedkong_pow

Is it just me or does anyone else DREAD the thought of having to forma a new weapon? Before anyone says it. I know it's not THAT big a deal. But I truly hate everything about the process. It's time consuming, and boring, and I can't REALLY use the weapon until I am done. There's nothing fun and honestly nothing satisfying about the whole process. It feels like a chore. I wanted to start this topic cause I was curious if there are other people who hate the whole process, and ask what would you do to fix it? get rid of forma resetting your weapon? It's drastic but honestly, why not? Allow the ability to forma more than once? I'm curious what do you think?

• Like 6

Im about to suggest sommething horrible so be ready: What if when formaing a weapon and the user is mastery 20 the weapon starts at level 20 and you need to level only the 10 remaining levels

Edited by Lazarow
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

Forma is one of the many things that keeps DE's light on. That's the kind of mechanic you should expect and accept from a FREE game.

But I mean I didn't say ELIMINATE forma. There would still be a need for forma, but there wouldn't be a need for the endless grind.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Im about to suggest sommething horrible so be ready: What if when formaing a weapon and the user is mastery 2, the weapon starts at level 20 and you need to level only the 10 remaining levels

soooo at level three does it start at level 30? I mean it could be a cool idea, and you could change it based on what mastery you want people to not feel the grind so dramatically.

1 minute ago, devidedkong_pow said:

soooo at level three does it start at level 30? I mean it could be a cool idea, and you could change it based on what mastery you want people to not feel the grind so dramatically.

Dud it was a istake I edited like 10 seconds after posting it xD

14 minutes ago, devidedkong_pow said:

I'm curious what do you think?

Weapons are easy to level in 10 mins in ESO so it not a big issue. I dread frames because there is no high level content for xp and the "Fast" methods we do have require a second person or a lot more effort than just being skill in not dieing. Also I'm MR27 so I start with about 90% of my capacity already but at low levels it was more of a pain.

I don't "hate" formaing since it's a fast recovery, but I do hate that it halts normal gameplay while rewarding farming hotspots like Hydron where most players end up extracting at wave 5 or 10.

My suggestion to improve it would be to not reset the level. Rather, it creates an additional temporary exp bar that has to be filled before it will apply the polarity to the spot. This would allow you to continue playing with it in any content that you would normally play, run Sorties, ESO, Arbitrations etc, without simply leeching shared exp.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Im about to suggest sommething horrible so be ready: What if when formaing a weapon and the user is mastery 20 the weapon starts at level 20 and you need to level only the 10 remaining levels

I could get behind that.. I'm mr27 😛

I do find adding forma and the process of levelling it up a bit tedious these days and it feels far worse on warframes because you lose the abilities, at least on a weapon it's just a little weaker.

I wouldn't mind so much if we didn't need 'meta' farming techniques to get it done at a reasonable pace but sadly due to the way xp works it seems to take ages anywhere but somewhere like hydron or onslaught

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I don't "hate" formaing since it's a fast recovery, but I do hate that it halts normal gameplay while rewarding farming hotspots like Hydron where most players end up extracting at wave 5 or 10.

My suggestion to improve it would be to not reset the level. Rather, it creates an additional temporary exp bar that has to be filled before it will apply the polarity to the spot. This would allow you to continue playing with it in any content that you would normally play, run Sorties, ESO, Arbitrations etc, without simply leeching shared exp.

I actually like this suggestion a lot

• Like 2

il y a 19 minutes, devidedkong_pow a dit :

But I mean I didn't say ELIMINATE forma. There would still be a need for forma, but there wouldn't be a need for the endless grind.

It'd impact the affinity booster sales, and it'd just be one less thing to do in the game, less reason to play the game. People can complain about time sinks as much as they want, it's because of that kind of mechanic that the game is not yet dead, that people are still out there grinding for stuff.

If you dread formaing that much, maybe it says something about you're apreciation of the game. I don't want to deter you from playing, but grinding everything for no reason is the essence of the game, so yeah, your call.

Yup, I absolutely despise the forma-ing process. I don't care about min-maxing enough to actually waste my time on forma-ing weapons or Warframes just to have a decent build, when I can probably get something half decent without using any forma anyway.

Now don't get me wrong, if I'm in the mood, I will actually do it. Problem is that the game very rarely puts me in that mood, and even when it does, it's destroyed really quickly by the realization that I have to do the same thing over and over for hours upon hours, especially if I don't have an XP booster. So you know what, unless I absolutely love a thing and know that I will play with it for a long time, 0 forma it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

It'd impact the affinity booster sales, and it'd just be one less thing to do in the game, less reason to play the game. People can complain about time sinks as much as they want, it's because of that kind of mechanic that the game is not yet dead, that people are still out there grinding for stuff.

If you dread formaing that much, maybe it says something about you're apreciation of the game. I don't want to deter you from playing, but grinding everything for no reason is the essence of the game, so yeah, your call.

Honestly I don't see your point. Like I said from the beginning I KNOW it's not that big a deal. I know that it has its place. But to say that it shows something about my appreciation of the game? that seems dramatic. I LOVE farming relics. For them, and unlocking them, but that's because I get to use my fully formed and built weapons. To put my builds to the test and to cause absolute mayhem and destruction. As for the grind of forma. What's the fun in sitting in the center of hydron hoping other people kill things as fast as possible while you sit there and soak xp? What's soo wrong wondering if there is a better way?

Just now, devidedkong_pow said:

Honestly I don't see your point. Like I said from the beginning I KNOW it's not that big a deal. I know that it has its place. But to say that it shows something about my appreciation of the game? that seems dramatic. I LOVE farming relics. For them, and unlocking them, but that's because I get to use my fully formed and built weapons. To put my builds to the test and to cause absolute mayhem and destruction. As for the grind of forma. What's the fun in sitting in the center of hydron hoping other people kill things as fast as possible while you sit there and soak xp? What's soo wrong wondering if there is a better way?

It might better for you....but not better for the whole even though we tell ourselves it is.    

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

At higher Mastery Ranks, it becomes less of an issue. I'm currently MR 25, so my weapons start with at least 50 base mod capacity (with a potato) whether they're new or forma'd.

Just a little incentive to raise your rank past 14, even if there are no more weapons that are locked at higher ranks.

Exactly--once you get up there, the difference between rank 0 and rank 30 weapons is minor.

9 minutes ago, devidedkong_pow said:

As a thought--perhaps you should take 1 rank 0 weapon and two rank 30 weapons so you can, you know, contribute on Hydron instead of just sitting in the center of hoping other people kill things as fast as possible while you soak xp?

Edited by NullSaint

20 minutes ago, devidedkong_pow said:

What's the fun in sitting in the center of hydron hoping other people kill things as fast as possible while you sit there and soak xp? What's soo wrong wondering if there is a better way?

I mean, you want to do it that way. Nobody is making you to do it.
I play solo. When I forma a weapon, I'll run missions normaly with it and rank it back up. Why would you need Hydron for that? And even if I don't want to run a "normal" mission, I go to Adaro on Sedna, put a silencer mod on the weapon, and farm it there back to 30 in about 10 minutes or less.
So don't make it sound as if you have to use farming spots for that. That's your own decision. Nobody made this decision for you. You did it on your own.

No, but just like leveling a piece of gear for the first time, it has to be done. Leveling is DE's way to incentivize you into paying for an affinity booster. These days, though, with the right setup, leveling something isn't as much of a chore as it is a minor inconvenience. Except companions. DE needs to do something about solo leveling companions, cause that still is as much of a chore as it was 7 years ago.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I really like this idea.

• Like 1

I love putting forma, a sacrifice to make my weapons stronger and the old feeling where you're not that powerful. Look at forma as prestige system and now convince the world that prestige system on every single game shouldn't reset your progress