Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

killrob2

strange orb that was found,

5 hours ago, SirTobe said:

It's Vauban's deathstar-sized ion cannon ball for his upcoming rework, obviously.

I guess we need to start calling Vauban "Darth Booben" now.

14 hours ago, evilChair said:

Lua is

Reveal hidden contents

only partly artificial, and it's a surrogate for a then-uninhabitable Earth. It's just the Moon that got cut up for construction materials.

There is nothing that would qualify Lua as a "ship" in intention nor function (no deck, no thrusters)

lmao, just because it doesnt have thrusters or deck, it cannot be a ship. love that rhetoric. 

ever heard of terra-forming? you can utilize existing celestial bodies [partially artificial] and take them for a spin, provided you get the means. 

14 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Well, apparently Wally decided to take a visit to D2 so that would make sense.

Wait what?! I gotta see that.

You wouldn't happen to know where to find it?

2 hours ago, Sigma-118 said:

Wait what?! I gotta see that.

You wouldn't happen to know where to find it?

Afraid it's not literal. It's more a jab at destiny for the recent shadowkeep expansion which features an evil Lovecraftian force, that manifests as a doppleganger of the player with an echoey voice filter and 'friendly' mannerisms, who's combat modus operandi is to manifest shadow monsters of past traumas and who frequently resides on the moon, alongside telling us that the old invasion force that once ripped the system apart is coming back...

19 hours ago, Troposphere6 said:

Also thinking about it in the second dream aren't you specifically told to find a control room to figure out where you are?

That mission is set in an Orokin tower designed to conceal Lua, not Lua itself.

11 hours ago, Ramflax said:

Its a robot brother moon, from dead space

They are coming, they are hungry...

10 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Looks “Duviri” like, maybe that’s how the duviri faction invade our solar system?

How in the world does it look "Duviri-like"?

5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

telling us that the old invasion force that once ripped the system apart is coming back

it would seem the wiki was dead on with the speculation that the darkness is coming back for another collapse.

On 2019-10-08 at 2:09 PM, Corvid said:

How in the world does it look "Duviri-like"?

Looks deco-ish and seems like it's made of brass, all in all the kind of thing that burger-budget Orokin cosplayers would go for. I think it was in Iain M Banks' The Hydrogen Sonata or some other Culture novel where there's a planet that was polished into a perfect glossy sphere and carved with geometrically precise canyons as a "minor" art project by a civilisation that felt like it. Somehow I find it highly likely that Steve's a Culture series reader.

I tend to roll with the punches, and if one of those punches was an interesting glitch and I was calling the shots at DE, I'd actually pitch the idea for an artificial planet in the Void or wherever, to set the PoD there.