Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In-Game Currency Exchange

BenRoprim

Sounds like a brilliant way to shut off most of the #1 way DE make money. How about no, I want the game servers to run longer than a year...

If that was the case, games like Guild Wars 2 & Neverwinter wouldnt be standing strong right now as a Free MMO. You comment doesnt hold much baring since a lot of games are taking on Currency Exchanging, and are still holding strong over years of time.

Edited by BenRoprim

If that was the case, games like Guild Wars 2 wouldnt be standing strong right now as a Free MMO. You comment doesnt hold much baring since a lot of games are taking on Currency Exchanging, and are still holding strong over years of time.

You have to pay for GW 2... Warframe is free... I don't get why you think the business models are interchangeable.

Edit: also Neverwinter currency exchange has players SELL their currency, not exchange it. It still has to be purchased by players in the first place. Warframe will allow us to sell our mods for platinum in the future, which you would know if you did your research before yapping on the forums.

Edited by Rhorge

You have to pay for GW 2... Warframe is free... I don't get why you think the business models are interchangeable.

Edit: also Neverwinter currency exchange has players SELL their currency, not exchange it. It still has to be purchased by players in the first place. Warframe will allow us to sell our mods for platinum in the future, which you would know if you did your research before yapping on the forums.

GW2 is a very very cheap game. And is free after the purchase. If you gather the amount its worth times the number of purchases, it makes just as much as a free MMO does if not less, and still is on the top of games. I've played Neverwinter, so I know its exchange system. Regardless it is still a system for exchanging in-game money for premium money.

Weather selling premium cash from players, or just by using a exchange system, it gets the point of the job done.

Yapping, eh? Well arent you a ray of sunshine.

Edited by BenRoprim

Warframe will allow us to sell our mods for platinum in the future

This was what DEvs mentioned about mod trading, and I believe that even if this particular form doesn't get implemented, they'd find another way of giving free players a way to obtain paying players' platinum by providing some other service.

And hey, I've got a few multishot and Flow mods I don't use, I'd gladly sell those for plat.

This was what DEvs mentioned about mod trading, and I believe that even if this particular form doesn't get implemented, they'd find another way of giving free players a way to obtain paying players' platinum by providing some other service.

And hey, I've got a few multishot and Flow mods I don't use, I'd gladly sell those for plat.

After the DA's attempt at the "transmutation mods", I have a feeling giving mods for plat isnt going to be as rewarding as the last mod function. Its like, why would I spend so much money giving up 4 mods for a random common/uncommon mod 95% of the time in transmutation? Now if there was a formula for better or specific mods in transmutation, then I would gladly use its function.

IF, and thats a huge if, they decide to let us give up mods for plat, then I hope they offer a decent amount of plat. I wouldn't appreciate 1 plat in exchange for 500 unused mods.

Edited by BenRoprim

another topic that comes up every few months, why cant we exchange credits for plat, each time its the same answer, it isn't ever going to happen in any meaningful way, ill go further, in any way at all, it would be like DE saying hell lets give everyone 50k plat and run the game off our own wages, we don't need to sell plat anymore to keep the game running

just stop and think for second, the game is free to download, has no subscription, the ONLY way they make money is selling plat, you will probably never see any way of turning your mod cards into plat other than someone else buying them with their plat and you getting a small cut of the price, that way someone still has to buy plat and a large portion of the purchase price is still taken out of the system

if there isn't a way to lower the free floating plat in the game as a whole eventually it will be useless as no one will be buying it anymore, as it is now you need to use your plat wisely and not just burn it unless you have a lot of disposable income you can throw at warframe

this is just not a good idea for the long term life of the game

After the DA's attempt at the "transmutation mods", I have a feeling giving mods for plat isnt going to be as rewarding as the last mod function. Its like, why would I spend so much money giving up 4 mods for a random common/uncommon mod 95% of the time in transmutation? Now if there was a formula for better or specific mods in transmutation, then I would gladly use its function.

IF, and thats a huge if, they decide to let us give up mods for plat, then I hope they offer a decent amount of plat. I wouldn't appreciate 1 plat in exchange for 500 unused mods.

EDIT: Reading your post again it seems that you were talking about how Mod Transmute isn't a viable way to get mods and... that that it'll be like that for the mod-plat 'conversion'.

The mod-for-plat trade isn't like mod transmute where you sell the mod for its weight in platinum, it's a player putting up mods for sale so that a buyer can buy it with platinum.

Transmutes are super random, takes orders of magnitudes of mods and credits input to get a desireable output. And folks who'd buy mods off the market probably won't have the time to farm all that credits or mods because of work. What they DO have from work is a spendable income. What I have as an unemployed trash of society is a lot of free time to play and get mods.

Edited by Shion963