Jump to content
(PS4)ITS_TH3GOD

How fast would you say warframes are compared to other comic characters?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Technically the fastest frame is Gauss with his water run - around 120 km/h, but he almost can't control his movement in supercharged run. If we talk about reaction speed then it's around 2-4 machs (700-1300 m/s) to react on bullets and deflect them by minimal movements to not break it's own artificial infested flesh/bones and orokin alloy armor plates. If we also don't forget that DE doesn't know nothing about physics and biology then we can predict any kind anti-scientific bullsh!t, but it will no change fact that warframes are not something super cool. They are just not bad biorobots on remote psychic control and work on energy drawn by operator from the Void. And they have all kind of problems for mindless drones made from infested people with additional cybernetic enhancement surgery to put conduits which will put void energy in void mutation genes to transform void energy into something interesting and deadly.

Edited by DesDaimonus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

if you go the absolute max speed possible in warframe.... im thinking that video where they put every speed buff in the game on gauss in the planes of eidolon even then it still takes a couple seconds to run across the entire planes of eidolon he is even faster than max itzal speed in that video.  The comics characters you listed are largely capable of doing a lap or more around the planet in under 1 second.  So warframes are kinda no where close.

It would be very difficult to put this type of speed into any video game really.   if your going faster than light on the ground in a mission it would essentially be teleportation.  At light speed you can circle the earth 7 times in a second so you could be anywhere on earth near instantly.  If they could put it in it wouldn't even feel like speed it would be just "poof" there.

Well yea but thats the thing tho...as i told the other guy..during the live trailer volt was seen moving while everyone else were frozen, now if you watch the flash tv show when barry first got his powers, the same thing happened where to him everyone/thing was frozen hence why i believe volt should at least be at base flash power lvl when using his speed ability due to that same scene..guass is even faster than volt as shown on the plain but remember its a game so they cannot make you move as fast as light...if you play or used to play dcuo(game aint good anymore) superman is also in it, he doesnt move at light speed cause it'd break the game.so this is why imho based on the feats and what we've seen from that trailer i think warframes should at least be around there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Well yea but thats the thing tho...as i told the other guy..during the live trailer volt was seen moving while everyone else were frozen, now if you watch the flash tv show when barry first got his powers, the same thing happened where to him everyone/thing was frozen hence why i believe volt should at least be at base flash power lvl when using his speed ability due to that same scene..guass is even faster than volt as shown on the plain but remember its a game so they cannot make you move as fast as light...if you play or used to play dcuo(game aint good anymore) superman is also in it, he doesnt move at light speed cause it'd break the game.so this is why imho based on the feats and what we've seen from that trailer i think warframes should at least be around there

As I said: going by feats shown in Canon, Volt has been seen running past bullets, and Gauss has been depicted as outrunning blast waves. Those are absolutely crazy speed feats on their own. Volt hasn't ever been depicted in any media going faster than that, to my knowledge. Indeed, under this effect, his powers (including his own lightning) are very clearly seen moving at more or less regular speed, which makes sense because lightning moves at 1/3 the speed of light, way faster than the Mach 2-3 Volt displays.

 But I do need to stress - perception speed, whilst often associated as a secondary ability of super speed, is not an indication of super speed. For example: both Captain America and Halo's Spartans (among other characters) have been described with the ability to perceive the world as moving much slower than it actually is to improve their performance in combat. Humans, again, also experience shifts in how we perceive time, albeit at a much less extreme degree. This doesn't, however, have any bearing on the character's actual speed - we don't slow down when we start perceiving time as faster, and Spartans are able to run at a max of 30 miles per hour which is easily within human perception limits, not at a point where a perception boost would be a required secondary ability. In fact, there exists modern-day technology that enables people to run at such speeds.

Likewise, whilst rare, it is not unknown for there to be super-speed characters without that required secondary ability, or rarely any at all. An excellent example that also demonstrates secondary abilities very well is in Bionicle, specifically with the Mask of Speed. The base mask granted extremely high speed boosts, able to cover ground extremely quickly. Pohatu, the (original) user of the mask, reaches from the desert village to well into the mountains in under a minute. However, the mask doesn't grant enhanced perception speed - it is specifically stated everything is a blur whilst running, or any individual body part is whilst using it. Meanwhile, the enhanced 'Nuva' mask does grant enhanced perception speed (although only whilst actively using the mask's effects), alongside molecular vibration control enabling a phasing effect. However, it's also stated that it does not grant the required secondary ability of impact resistance (or rather, acceleration outside of its own effect), as smacking into an object will still hurt or kill a user, regardless of which mask is used.

 

Perception alteration, whilst being a secondary ability of super speed in many cases, is an ability in its own right, separate from the ability of super-speed. Volt has this secondary ability, so does Flash. That doesn't mean they are as fast as each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Warframes are border line magic in the way they manipulate things via skills but we know they are nothing of the sort and are "simply" a very advance kind of technology. So if mods were not simply a game mechanic but a feature or the way a frame is gaining power, they could have almost endless potential.

 

When it comes to superheroes i would say Warframes are superior to some heroes that are superhuman in nature but they are not on the level of anything stupid like Superman or the Hulk.

Compared to another universe like 40K i would say some Frames (Tanky ones) would be slightly superior to Adeptus Astartes but on equal ground to a Captain or Librarian and be savagely murdered dueling the likes of a Primarch or Greater Deamon/ Xeno/ Warmachine.

In the Star Wars Universe i only see either a very strong Sith or Jedi to be able to compete, the lightsaber is devastating and pretty sure it would eventually cut down the shielding of the frame but Jedi/ Sith severly lack in physical durability compared to a warframe and Tenno do have some wicked weapons that would rival the legendary light saber.

Halo Universe: I am a fan of that universe but i have to admit nothing really pop out to challenge the frames.

 

So with that in mind how fast are frames really going? Superhuman in physical prowesses, far from the like of the Flash or Quicksilver but could have near limitless potential if mods could develop further.

However in their own right, Warframes are incredibly  strong when you compare them to other universes, just not on the superhero level of some very famous characters.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

Warframes might not be Flash Fast or Superman Strong, but they're pretty damn close. Like 1 on 1, Superman would win in a fight, but I think a squad of 4 Tenno with the right frames would be able to whoop Superman. 

If sups is A) kept out of yellow sun, B) isn't going to kill.  (and staying in the DC..)

Other wise, he'd have 4 tenno wasted about 4 seconds flattened if he wanted. 

You are WAY under estimating Superman.
For that matter, most all of his clones and relatives could also wipe the floor with us.

No.. One of the best comparisons would probably be villan Metalo or.... Steel.  He supposedly could actually summon his suit to him later one so is probalby more true to the Tenno, and he like using a hammer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Ok so how fast do y'all think we are?

In my personal opinion I'd say as fast as superman for the standard frames..reason being is that we've known superman to be able to dodge bullet with no problems- in the live trailer thing they did during tennocon and in game we've been able to do the same thing no problem...warframes like volt with his speed boost id say is as fast as flash, for gauss..idk honestly..how fast do you guys think we are?

That kinda means that Han Solo and several other SW characters are as fast as Supes simply because the Stormtroopers cant even hit a barn wall from the inside if their life depended on it.

Frames arent very fast, it is just the enemies that have problems hitting moving targets that jump around. Volt and Gauss would be exceptions though since they are limited by the game, much like how Marvel Heroes had issues giving speedster heroes justice in the game as playables.

Seeing how Volt and Gauss are the fastest frames, we can assume that all frames, including those two are several magnitudes slower than superheroes like Supes, Flash, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Thor and a bunch of others. Gauss and Volt are possibly on the level of Starscream or Megatron in flight form when it comes to speed. Other frames end up at some super human level of speed, possibly in the area of Captain America or slightly faster/slower.

The heroes mentioned above are in leagues of their own. 

Edited by SneakyErvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Ok so how fast do y'all think we are?

In my personal opinion I'd say as fast as superman for the standard frames..reason being is that we've known superman to be able to dodge bullet with no problems- in the live trailer thing they did during tennocon and in game we've been able to do the same thing no problem...warframes like volt with his speed boost id say is as fast as flash, for gauss..idk honestly..how fast do you guys think we are?

Well...

I did accurate mesures on Gauss

he gets  to 100 km/hour without any problem (in game)

but i think that lorewise Gauss is as fast as (Quicksilver form the marvel comic universe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warframes are not comic book level or manga level of power and deadliness. If I were to compare them to anything, I would put them on the scale of Warhammer 40,000 elites, stuff like Space Marine Veterans or Eldar Exarchs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet still Batman is capable of predicting Flash's moves usually earlier in the writing of the story.

Batman is grabbed by the neck from Darkseid, and slammed through a fortress wall, a villain who gives Superman difficulties. Mind you, Superman has lifted infinity.

Has weirded Excalibur, green lantern powers without a ring, a suit putting him up to celestial power, defeated a godlike little girl bending reality almost limitlessly. Oh yeah and handles incredibly terrible drug induced trips quite well.

I hate to be that guy, but most Warframes still lack standing up to the most overpowered non 'super' hero.

Baby steps.

Gauss is probably no faster than a bullet, and all Warframes have incredible reaction time. Even some humans can learn to stop a bullet with a sword.

The only real quality is withstanding the vacuum of space.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

And yet still Batman is capable of predicting Flash's moves usually earlier in the writing of the story.

Batman is grabbed by the neck from Darkseid, and slammed through a fortress wall, a villain who gives Superman difficulties. Mind you, Superman has lifted infinity.

Has weirded Excalibur, green lantern powers without a ring, a suit putting him up to celestial power, defeated a godlike little girl bending reality almost limitlessly. Oh yeah and handles incredibly terrible drug induced trips quite well.

I hate to be that guy, but most Warframes still lack standing up to the most overpowered non 'super' hero.

Baby steps.

Gauss is probably no faster than a bullet, and all Warframes have incredible reaction time. Even some humans can learn to stop a bullet with a sword.

The only real quality is withstanding the vacuum of space.

 

It all depends on the type of gun used and the type of bullet..for instance a human wouldnt be able to stop a bullet from a .50 cal sniper rifle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost any of the major heroes from DC are a bad match up against Warframes, Superman tends to have no actual limits and very few if any weakness's. Like seriously, he once had a secondary weakness to magic and then that was gone. Doubt they put it back, but I don't keep up with Comics anymore really. He's the kind of character you pit against characters like Saitama from One Punch Man, where they are so absolutely OP the fight is determined largely by tropes and minor details.

As powerful as our Warframes can be in game, I would compare them more to the Warhammer 40K universe. Ridiculously powerful for sure, but has SOME semblance of limitation in their design, I mean hey, maybe when Railjack comes out they will be able to Exterminitus a planet with their ship. I dunno. But the question becomes how would they fare against the Imperium of Man or the Necrons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T.Hoagie said:

Almost any of the major heroes from DC are a bad match up against Warframes, Superman tends to have no actual limits and very few if any weakness's. Like seriously, he once had a secondary weakness to magic and then that was gone. Doubt they put it back, but I don't keep up with Comics anymore really. He's the kind of character you pit against characters like Saitama from One Punch Man, where they are so absolutely OP the fight is determined largely by tropes and minor details.

As powerful as our Warframes can be in game, I would compare them more to the Warhammer 40K universe. Ridiculously powerful for sure, but has SOME semblance of limitation in their design, I mean hey, maybe when Railjack comes out they will be able to Exterminitus a planet with their ship. I dunno. But the question becomes how would they fare against the Imperium of Man or the Necrons.

Ive nevr played that game(warhammer 40k)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Ive nevr played that game(warhammer 40k)

Technically, Warhammer 40K is a series of games. Board game, RPG (I think), video games, Action, RTS.

If you look up the Wiki and or on Youtube you'll get the idea quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, T.Hoagie said:

But the question becomes how would they fare against the Imperium of Man or the Necrons.

I think that all depends on several things. How powerful are really the sentients that have been killed by solo frames? Are they actually more than just massive machines? Do they have any real martial skills that really put the tenno and their frames to the test in that aspect? Gara for instance made a suicide run with a massive bomb, so was it really the frame that did it through shear power, or simply the tenno doing it through a tactical approach to destroy a massive sentient machine? Most we've seen and experienced from sentients is that they are very predictable and methodical, not very fast and not very skilled at martial combat. They often rely on sentient tech that is avoidable by a nimble frame.

If it came down to 1vs1 combat between a tenno and beings from the 40k universe it would be fairly even. Obviously some parts of the 40k universe wouldnt hold a candle, like the more generic imperial guard, eldar guardians, ork boyz and similar, they would all be more like your avarage Grineer or Corpus goon versus a frame.

When things get into the universe versus universe thing I'd give my vote to 40k no doubt. WF may have the infested that pose a real threat, but WH40k would have chaos, which can possess anything it wants from flesh to machine, which would cover the infested as a whole since they are biological and machines. Alternatively if the infestation is immune to the warp powers there is still a major chance that the Necrons would completely shut the infestation down anyways. When it comes to the sentients the orks would probably handle that since they are already at the most primitive level of weaponry, so not much high tech for the sentients to adapt to. In the end though it comes down to the 40k universe simply being so much bigger and having far more options to counter specific things than the WF universe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think that all depends on several things. How powerful are really the sentients that have been killed by solo frames? Are they actually more than just massive machines? Do they have any real martial skills that really put the tenno and their frames to the test in that aspect? Gara for instance made a suicide run with a massive bomb, so was it really the frame that did it through shear power, or simply the tenno doing it through a tactical approach to destroy a massive sentient machine? Most we've seen and experienced from sentients is that they are very predictable and methodical, not very fast and not very skilled at martial combat. They often rely on sentient tech that is avoidable by a nimble frame.

If it came down to 1vs1 combat between a tenno and beings from the 40k universe it would be fairly even. Obviously some parts of the 40k universe wouldnt hold a candle, like the more generic imperial guard, eldar guardians, ork boyz and similar, they would all be more like your avarage Grineer or Corpus goon versus a frame.

When things get into the universe versus universe thing I'd give my vote to 40k no doubt. WF may have the infested that pose a real threat, but WH40k would have chaos, which can possess anything it wants from flesh to machine, which would cover the infested as a whole since they are biological and machines. Alternatively if the infestation is immune to the warp powers there is still a major chance that the Necrons would completely shut the infestation down anyways. When it comes to the sentients the orks would probably handle that since they are already at the most primitive level of weaponry, so not much high tech for the sentients to adapt to. In the end though it comes down to the 40k universe simply being so much bigger and having far more options to counter specific things than the WF universe.

On the chaos thing you said,the infested is basically the samething as can possess both the living and machines too, all it'd come down to is to what level does each infect their host.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

If sups is A) kept out of yellow sun, B) isn't going to kill.  (and staying in the DC..)

Other wise, he'd have 4 tenno wasted about 4 seconds flattened if he wanted. 

You are WAY under estimating Superman.
For that matter, most all of his clones and relatives could also wipe the floor with us.

No.. One of the best comparisons would probably be villan Metalo or.... Steel.  He supposedly could actually summon his suit to him later one so is probalby more true to the Tenno, and he like using a hammer.

I dunno, I think I'd still throw a few Tenno armed with Dark Daggers or Dark Swords painted green in the arsenal against Superman, see how that works. Maybe throw in an Oberon. I know that Supermans only weakness is Kryptonite, which is just radioactive chunks of his planet. Radiation damage might be more effective against Superman? *shrugs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

On the chaos thing you said,the infested is basically the samething as can possess both the living and machines too, all it'd come down to is to what level does each infect their host.

Chaos is magical though, infested are pure biotech constructs made up of nanites and some living organism. Chaos in 40k can in reality fully take over technology, no matter the size, by simply possessing it with the warp energies that are the demons/gods. The gods themselves can warp anything at will that they deem worthy. Like Nurgle warping his followers and filling them with all kinds of diseases, ravaging the hosts to unrecognizable states without them feeling any discomfort whatsoever.

It all depends if the warp power can possess the nanites and flesh of the infested or not. The infested however would never have a possibility to infect chaos because the infested needs either tech or organics to latch onto, which the forces of chaos simply doesnt have in the natural sense. Then there are the necrons that could possibly just snap their fingers and shut down the nanites in the infested, or reprogram them to serve the necrons instead. And if by any chance the infested would get a hold of chaos marines since they are organic still or the necrons who are mechanical, they would still turn them all into pretty generic zombie-like troops with little firepower to back it all up (no idea why the infested are that stupid to begin with).

That would still leave the warp beings, chaos engines aswell as all of the Thousand Sons of chaos a more than reasonable fighting chance to wipe out whatever has been infested to begin with. There would just be nothing for the infested to infect and they'd all be fighting with teeth and claws versus highly advanced weapons and powers of the warp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)aMichealMeyers said:

I dunno, I think I'd still throw a few Tenno armed with Dark Daggers or Dark Swords painted green in the arsenal against Superman, see how that works. Maybe throw in an Oberon. I know that Supermans only weakness is Kryptonite, which is just radioactive chunks of his planet. Radiation damage might be more effective against Superman? *shrugs*

Depends on the nature of kryptonite. It isnt generic radiation he is vulnerable to, because he gets mad power from our sun for instance. Kryptonite is simply kryptonian rocks that have been exposed to something to turn them into whatever they are i.e green, red, black, blue and whatever other types there are that effects supes in different ways.

Red makes him lose his "moral compass". Black takes away his power. Green makes him sick. Blue I cant remember what it does... is it the one that makes him a love puppy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Chaos is magical though, infested are pure biotech constructs made up of nanites and some living organism. Chaos in 40k can in reality fully take over technology, no matter the size, by simply possessing it with the warp energies that are the demons/gods. The gods themselves can warp anything at will that they deem worthy. Like Nurgle warping his followers and filling them with all kinds of diseases, ravaging the hosts to unrecognizable states without them feeling any discomfort whatsoever.

It all depends if the warp power can possess the nanites and flesh of the infested or not. The infested however would never have a possibility to infect chaos because the infested needs either tech or organics to latch onto, which the forces of chaos simply doesnt have in the natural sense. Then there are the necrons that could possibly just snap their fingers and shut down the nanites in the infested, or reprogram them to serve the necrons instead. And if by any chance the infested would get a hold of chaos marines since they are organic still or the necrons who are mechanical, they would still turn them all into pretty generic zombie-like troops with little firepower to back it all up (no idea why the infested are that stupid to begin with).

That would still leave the warp beings, chaos engines aswell as all of the Thousand Sons of chaos a more than reasonable fighting chance to wipe out whatever has been infested to begin with. There would just be nothing for the infested to infect and they'd all be fighting with teeth and claws versus highly advanced weapons and powers of the warp.

Ohh I've nevr played warhammer so i didnt know that the chaos were like that...I've always wondered the samething, we know the infested are all controlled by a hive mind, but why doesnt it use weaponry to solidify their offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Depends on the nature of kryptonite. It isnt generic radiation he is vulnerable to, because he gets mad power from our sun for instance. Kryptonite is simply kryptonian rocks that have been exposed to something to turn them into whatever they are i.e green, red, black, blue and whatever other types there are that effects supes in different ways.

Red makes him lose his "moral compass". Black takes away his power. Green makes him sick. Blue I cant remember what it does... is it the one that makes him a love puppy?

Here's the thing tho, superman is vulnerable against magic...the warframes and the tennos are mad of just that...wouldnt they give him a run for his money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, T.Hoagie said:

Almost any of the major heroes from DC are a bad match up against Warframes, Superman tends to have no actual limits and very few if any weakness's. Like seriously, he once had a secondary weakness to magic and then that was gone. Doubt they put it back, but I don't keep up with Comics anymore really. He's the kind of character you pit against characters like Saitama from One Punch Man, where they are so absolutely OP the fight is determined largely by tropes and minor details.

As powerful as our Warframes can be in game, I would compare them more to the Warhammer 40K universe. Ridiculously powerful for sure, but has SOME semblance of limitation in their design, I mean hey, maybe when Railjack comes out they will be able to Exterminitus a planet with their ship. I dunno. But the question becomes how would they fare against the Imperium of Man or the Necrons.

Meh idk i mean Limbo could literally wipe superman from reality, i mean thats literally his power..lol canon wise Limbo should've been a god..nova could make him bust or create a black hole(has he ever survived one?), ash is an assassin so killing superman without an upfront fight would be an easy pick, plus he could strip superman's defences(seeking shuriken).Nyx could mind control anyone into murdering him, nidus could easily infect him with the infested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Here's the thing tho, superman is vulnerable against magic...the warframes and the tennos are mad of just that...wouldnt they give him a run for his money?

Possibly yeah. The void powers could very well be classified as magic even though they are of cosmic nature. It kinda depends on what DC classifies as magic and what the source to magic is in DC. It also depends on what DE classifies the void as, if it is inspired by the more theological theories around the void that is a place of evil and corruption i.e the version that inspired stories like Hellraiser and Event Horizon aswell as the Warp in Warhammer or if it is based more around science.

If Supes was a Marvel character it would be easier, because most things in Marvel that are classified as magic are at the core just cosmic energies harnessed and wielded by whoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WFs have some realism built into (granted not so much), were comics superpowers tend to be... magic. You cannot accurately compare them. Especially superman, which tends to be God mode. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (PS4)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Meh idk i mean Limbo could literally wipe superman from reality, i mean thats literally his power..lol canon wise Limbo should've been a god..nova could make him bust or create a black hole(has he ever survived one?), ash is an assassin so killing superman without an upfront fight would be an easy pick, plus he could strip superman's defences(seeking shuriken).Nyx could mind control anyone into murdering him, nidus could easily infect him with the infested.

Superman has punched time before. Y'know, that literal immaterial concept that governs reality in most universes. And as I said, they at one point removed his weakness to magic, I don't know if they put it back or not, but trying to apply the cosmic powers the Tenno have to "Magic" won't mesh in this scenario. DE has been pretty vague about how the void works, and it also depends on what DC's interpretation of magic actually is.

You are trying to work off the basis that Superman has actual weakness's, that mortal things actually harm him and compare warframes to him. They are nowhere near as powerful as most DC characters on Supermans level, who can move faster then the speed of light on a regular basis. With characters like Darkseid who fights on par with Superman being not only literal gods, but easily surviving things like black holes. Not to mention Doomsday, who literally had to be sent to the entropy at the end of time in the DC universe to contain him. Not destroy him, as that is basically impossible, but CONTAIN him. The universe is basically collapsing in on him and it can only contain him.

Warframes are very limited, they can only act in accordance with their energy levels and the abilities they are designed to channel. Their scale of power is only OP in comparison to the beings in the Warframe universe. That is why I compare them more to the Warhammer 40K universe, because they are a lot closer in scale of power.

I mean do you REALLY think that Alad V could capture and contain a being that could take Superman out, strip it down and torture it till it goes mad. Without his precious Zanuka he's a basic chump without any extraordinary abilities aside from his ego. Nevermind that oh yeah, Grineer, Corpus, Sentients and Infested can take down Warframes. Limbo screwed up and blew himself up at one point until we rebuilt that frame. And Excalibur Umbra was visibly destroyed by a bunch of sentients before we came along and restored him, not to mention it couldn't even harm Ballas until the Tenno intervened on its behalf. Inaros ceased to be and he is the "immortal" frame. Titania fell in battle and had to be rebuilt. Gara destroyed herself to destroy the Eidolon whose pieces roam the PoE trying to become whole again. Just to name a few instances of the Warframes having visible limits.  

As I said, Superman is a character without actual limits. He is always exactly as powerful as he needs to be to get the job done. And he works more on tropes then any kind of logic. Much like how Batman can breath in space because he's Batman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, T.Hoagie said:

Superman has punched time before. Y'know, that literal immaterial concept that governs reality in most universes. And as I said, they at one point removed his weakness to magic, I don't know if they put it back or not, but trying to apply the cosmic powers the Tenno have to "Magic" won't mesh in this scenario. DE has been pretty vague about how the void works, and it also depends on what DC's interpretation of magic actually is.

You are trying to work off the basis that Superman has actual weakness's, that mortal things actually harm him and compare warframes to him. They are nowhere near as powerful as most DC characters on Supermans level, who can move faster then the speed of light on a regular basis. With characters like Darkseid who fights on par with Superman being not only literal gods, but easily surviving things like black holes. Not to mention Doomsday, who literally had to be sent to the entropy at the end of time in the DC universe to contain him. Not destroy him, as that is basically impossible, but CONTAIN him. The universe is basically collapsing in on him and it can only contain him.

Warframes are very limited, they can only act in accordance with their energy levels and the abilities they are designed to channel. Their scale of power is only OP in comparison to the beings in the Warframe universe. That is why I compare them more to the Warhammer 40K universe, because they are a lot closer in scale of power.

I mean do you REALLY think that Alad V could capture and contain a being that could take Superman out, strip it down and torture it till it goes mad. Without his precious Zanuka he's a basic chump without any extraordinary abilities aside from his ego. Nevermind that oh yeah, Grineer, Corpus, Sentients and Infested can take down Warframes. Limbo screwed up and blew himself up at one point until we rebuilt that frame. And Excalibur Umbra was visibly destroyed by a bunch of sentients before we came along and restored him, not to mention it couldn't even harm Ballas until the Tenno intervened on its behalf. Inaros ceased to be and he is the "immortal" frame. Titania fell in battle and had to be rebuilt. Gara destroyed herself to destroy the Eidolon whose pieces roam the PoE trying to become whole again. Just to name a few instances of the Warframes having visible limits.  

As I said, Superman is a character without actual limits. He is always exactly as powerful as he needs to be to get the job done. And he works more on tropes then any kind of logic. Much like how Batman can breath in space because he's Batman.

Whatever happened to the warframe comic book D.E started?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...