Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR Locked places

THE_ZEEK

Just arrived to saturn with my MR 0 Character (was previously frame**) and i see that Kronia relay needs a MR 4 to to enter.. Why would you lock any relay behind a MR?

Also i wont be able to go to Uranus as i will need to rank up my frame to a MR1 for accessing the relay  (which also happens to drop the first chroma part)

please could you change these MR limitations as it makes no sense to lock these places behind a MR wall .. (yes i know i can taxi there, but I'm not in need of a ride, as i'm perfectly capable of doing it)

**edited after remark of ginkenshin

Edited by THE_ZEEK

1- Warframe mastery isn’t the same as your overall mastery rank (MR) 

2- just level up some gear to raise your MR and access whatever it is you want 

3- even if you wanna keep progressing, I’d guess that you won’t even handle the enemies going through, so you might as well grind a bit

4- limitations and restrictions are there for a reason. Case in point, someone with an unranked Warframe trying to go to a relatively difficult area 

Just now, GinKenshin said:

1- Warframe mastery isn’t the same as your overall mastery rank (MR)

2- just level up some gear to raise your MR and access whatever it is you want 

3- even if you wanna keep progressing, I’d guess that you won’t even handle the enemies going through, so you might as well grind a bit

4- limitations and restrictions are there for a reason. Case in point, someone with an unranked Warframe trying to go to a relatively difficult area 

1. am replaying the game after it became to easy with a fully maxed character (MR 27)  now replaying it with a MR0 character

2. that beats the purpose of running it in  a MR0

3. Still doing pretty well with my MK1 Braton, Lato and Artax

4. Running a LVL 30 Mag, and did most of the different mission between E-Prime and Dione.. ( still have a few nodes open, but thats it..) The problem is not a unranked warframe, or weapon, but a MR which forces me to rank up in Mastery which i dont want to.

as a general idea it would be an option for it not the MR you have but the amount of nodes and planets opened.. basically if you opened all nodes, planets and junctions before a planet it shoud give you access.. the current MR limitations system is not a great system  that would still keep the limitations in place.

By your own admission this is a self made grievance.  Warframe is not meant to be restarted, there's a reason you can't wipe your account.

But surely you could have just used your MR27 account to get a new Mag, MK1 Braton, Lato, and Artax and then just mod them with mods you would normally have around MR0 and played through the chart again....

You would have literally achieved the same goal without being locked out of content. 🤔

The reason for MR lock on relays is obviously because of Baro and the fact he brings the most powerful mods in the game.  MR0s are NOT supposed to access that so easily... is why you also have to be MR2 to even trade.  MR0s are not supposed to be where you think they should. 

The problem isn't the game's design, it's your strange crusade for artificial difficulty that could have been done in a more sensible way... 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

I get that the famous MR0 player who does very nice decorations on his ship is a very nice story. And that people use his case to tell others that MR is plain useless. What they tend to forget, however, is that the famous MR0 player is only good in life and doesn't need to rank above MR0 is due to him approaching the game in a way most players don't - by pouring a ton of money into it.

Because that MR0 player has no farmed hydroid (Vay Hek is MR5). He can't trade for his plat either. He can't farm many weapons either, only buy. I'm not saying this post has anything to do with him, but that many times people misunderstand what the game is meant to be, and what it's not meant to be. And how many things are blindly followed and believed in without thinking about the actual feasibility of them.

I do find the fact that OP is truly trying to progress with starter gear interesting, however. Though I believe that with enough forma and good enough mods  any weapon is good enough for the star chart.

@(PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z some mastery locks are a necessity in order to have a sense of progression and not throwing everything at the player at once. However, some just don't make sense and tend to be frustrating. 

Relays are a good example. Some players can reach pluto fairly quickly, helped or not. I've had some cases where a MR5-6 person who unlocked Pluto couldn't access Baro in time in the planet's relay since they weren't too much on grinding, and found warframes/weapons they were compfortable playing with.

This, in my eyes, is a game design issue.

About warframe replayability, it's a player's choice. Many of us have alts they play on. Same goes for the MR0 thing. One can't complain about MR locks but providing constructive feedback about it isn't a bad thing as far as I'm aware, no matter the account's MR.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

The problem isn't the game's design, it's your strange crusade for artificial difficulty that could have been done in a more sensible way... 

Thanks for your thoughts.. in a way it is the game design.. playing with a MR0 does not give a power creep as much as a higher MR will do.. The fact you cant trade and cant have rivens, wont be able to nuke stuff through the progress of the starmap does the following.. It brings back the shooter element in the looter/shooter, some excitement about finding the needed mods and items that you want to make your weapons and frame stronger..  Yes.. why shouldnt we play this way.. why should it not be more accessible to more various playstyles.. i know i am having way more fun playing this way than with my maxed MR 27.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

If you're trying a minimalist account, you're gonna have to hit at least MR 5, I think.

MR 0 will do and there are workarounds.. like a taxi..

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I do find the fact that OP is truly trying to progress with starter gear interesting, however. Though I believe that with enough forma and good enough mods  any weapon is good enough for the star chart.

Its a lot of fun! and not the easiest especially in the beginning, when realizing that your syndicate will only progress 1k per day, your frames and weapons rank to 0 modspace after a forma.. but.. it feels like being able to replay the missions with a different perspective and way of anticipating the game.. with a High MR this is just not polssible or as direct experienced as with a MR 0 frame.

I dont know about the famous MR0 and his spending.. I did get some plat and got myself some nice skins for the frames i am playing, but no need to buy weapons, frames or any other progress.. I already have a MR 27 if i want to be all dressed up an no place to go..

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

The reason for MR lock on relays is obviously because of Baro and the fact he brings the most powerful mods in the game.  MR0s are NOT supposed to access that so easily... is why you also have to be MR2 to even trade.  MR0s are not supposed to be where you think they should.

Yes and i understand, but then change the access to the junctions and amount of nodes you have unlocked..or even the amount of kills you made.. in stead of  having it tied to a MR

again thanks again for your feedback.. i'll just have to settle that i will need to taxi past the junctions and then scan the hell outta the system to get the chroma parts from simaris.

Playing mr0 when I have nothing to do with my main. It is hard and fun. The only downside is when you Host something, make a team, some noob accepts invite, sees mr0, says "OMG MR0 HERE!!!11" and leaves. But in general when there are people 22+, they understand that mr0 is more than ready to farm stuff and either says nothing or cheers up for dedication.

P.S: "every game's forums are full of people who argue for the sake of argue: you say some game design/mechanic/etc is not logical/poorly made, they start defending it."

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me