Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Energy Vampire

Ghosty-Jr

Right so Trinity has energy vampire its what she is known for at this point since so many other frames have healing capabilities one way or another. I noticed that it said Energy vampire does TRUE damage or at least the symbol was there. At around 300% strength I can have my energy supposedly do 77% true damage which is nothing to ignore however when I took trinity to arbitration with her buff it said I should have done 152% true damage so one would expect it to be an instant kill with low duration but I discovered it was not the case for whatever reason. Is this a bug or something because this would bring a whole new light to trinity if she could become a serious killer like this

• Like 1

Her True Damage is something that scales well with Enemy's Level. What i know about EV in longer runs is enemies at lvl 200+ would take more Damage from EV than enemies at lvl 60. So the 152% True Damage would shine more when reaching High Levels since it's not as strong in the low levels.

According to the wiki: "Damage percentage is applied to either the target's remaining health or 25% of its maximum health - whichever is greater at the time of cast. Each pulse inflicts at least 5  True damage."

edit: so if I'm doing the math right and you meant 152% total, that would mean each tick does 38%, but following the rules above.

So a mob with 100 health:

after tick one would be at 62 health

after tick two they'd be at 38 health (because you're doing 38% of 62 health in damage or 24 damage this time rather than another 38 damage)

after tick three they'd be at 24 health

after tick four they'd be at 15 health

After going below 25 health, any tick from that point forward would do ~9.5 damage, so it would still take two more ticks from a second cast to kill them I think?

edit2: though it does say "time of cast," not "time of tick." If it was really time of cast it should kill them in one cast with the numbers you stated so maybe it calculates per tick, I never tested it myself. 

Edited by Borg1611

Energy Vampire's damage is based on the enemy's current health, rather than their maximum health, which means that each tick deals increasingly less flat damage the lower on health your opponent is. At 300% total Power Strength, EV on its own removes about 56% of the target's current health, so basically you halve your target's health each time until the minimum damage threshold is reached (i.e. 25% maximum health or 5 damage). Thus, it takes several casts with an EV Trinity to kill individual targets, which when compared to the killing power of most frames across most regular level ranges, isn't especially amazing. I wouldn't buff the damage either, though, because Trinity arguably does too much already, and doesn't need to be a single-target DPS monster.

Edited by Teridax68

Maybe newer players know Trinity for EV but my first experience with Trinity was her making an entire team immortal.

Not 99.9% DR either. The first version of Blessing was grey bar immortal for the whole team.

Later became 99.9% and now it's 75% which stacks with other Blessings. Making a team not die is what I've know her for.
Also being the tankiest frame in the game tied with Nidus.

EV Trinity died when Raids died but at any rate I assume the wiki means 25% max HP in total value or %remaining per pulse whichever is higher.  EV has not been able to one-shot anything without help from outside sources since they changed the way Well of Life interacts with it. It always does less and less damage.

• 1 month later...

Some guy told me that Well of Vampires was still a thing. But AFAIK it was removed in update 18. Since coming back in update 24, I've tried going out with 400% ability strength and arbitrations, but I've never been able to one-shot enemies with Energy Vampire alone or in combination with Well of Life. There appears to be some kind of undocumented damage cap despite what is shown in Menu -> Abilities. Unless someone can show me otherwise. 

23 минуты назад, pduozt сказал:

Some guy told me that Well of Vampires was still a thing. But AFAIK it was removed in update 18. Since coming back in update 24, I've tried going out with 400% ability strength and arbitrations, but I've never been able to one-shot enemies with Energy Vampire alone or in combination with Well of Life. There appears to be some kind of undocumented damage cap despite what is shown in Menu -> Abilities. Unless someone can show me otherwise.

Previously, the maximum hp of the enemy was saved when applied. I. e., if you used on mob with 100hp first ability to, then have him became 1,000 hp and after the end of the ability to damage was dealt would so, as if would mob still have was 1,000 hp. So as 100 hp < than 250 hp (25% from 1,000), then you themselves realize what mechanics acted. This has now been fixed.

Edited by zhellon