Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the thing you see as a heresy in warframe?

48 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

When you're playing public, yes, don't walk around oppening lockers, it's a huge lack of respect for the rest of the team. 

This depends. 

If it's survival and the team just shot out like a covey of quail to the four corners of the map, I don't feel any compunction against looting lockers to my heart's content. 

If the team goes full-bore rushrushrush and leaves members behind, then I tend to switch to loot mode and start rifling lockers and the like. Same goes for abandoning the team at elevators. I'm not aggravating my repetitive stress injuries chasing squirrels through the tile set. You can wait at extraction. 

It's a matter of context and it goes both ways. 

• Like 1

Cache Hunters, and I'm one of them.

Sure the rewards for most of the Caches are unappealing (hence their hatred by the majority of the community) and people do not like deviating from the objective.

But for me, it helped me explore the map/tiles more for secret rooms, and other absurd locations that Caches can spawn that make me chuckle. Not to mention how there's Nightwave and the required task for the Neptune Junction of finding all Caches in Uranus, Sabotage.

Heresy for me is people playing out of affinity range, digging in survival and such. That's the only reason why Helene and Hydron are popular : you are mostly forced to play in affinity range, and even in those map, people find way to play out if it, in the small back corridor. Disgutang.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

Heresy for me is people playing out of affinity range, digging in survival and such. That's the only reason why Helene and Hydron are popular : you are mostly forced to play in affinity range, and even in those map, people find way to play out if it, in the small back corridor. Disgutang.

I sometimes do that on Hydron if there's a leecher in the team, basically just waiting to die and the mission to fail.

That is if i don't play a troll Nova/Loki that could teleport them out of affinity range instead, which i rarely do.

On 2019-10-08 at 11:53 AM, AzureTerra said:

Operators. The less you see or have to do with them the better.

K, I'll add the operator amp for my concept for the third orb where half of the shield/overshield needs void damage to weaken the defenses

On 2019-10-08 at 5:34 AM, 844448 said:

Is there something that you consider as a heresy when playing warframe? So far, I see that playing at your own pace and looting the place instead of spamming bullet jump through the map to extraction is a grave sin in public. Perhaps something in fashion or something else?

(Black and red is a sin)

Maiming Strike is the bloody number one sin WF has. 

2 hours ago, bibmobello said:

People bringing frost on an arbitration hostage defence.

Why?

Frost is a great frame for arbi hostage defense. If you said Sortie hostage defense I'd agree but in arbis you can actually control the hostage to stand where you want him to i.e inside Frost's bubble. The heresy in all of that are the people that dont know how arbi hostages work.

On 2019-10-08 at 3:25 AM, RX-3DR said:

The true heresy is when people take the stairs in that one really old Corpus room. If you played the game before bullet jumps. you will definitely know that specific room.

But it's fun taking out all the enemies there.

On that note, if everyone is waiting for you, PLEASE swallow your damn pride and get to extraction.  Also, don't go for extraction early and stay put.  You die there, and I'm not going way out of my way to get you up.

Il y a 22 heures, Sloan441 a dit :

This depends. 

If it's survival and the team just shot out like a covey of quail to the four corners of the map, I don't feel any compunction against looting lockers to my heart's content. 

If the team goes full-bore rushrushrush and leaves members behind, then I tend to switch to loot mode and start rifling lockers and the like. Same goes for abandoning the team at elevators. I'm not aggravating my repetitive stress injuries chasing squirrels through the tile set. You can wait at extraction. 

It's a matter of context and it goes both ways. 

But of course friend ! All that only when it applies.

Survival is de facto out of the discussion, and all endless type missions with it, since rushing won't make the 5 minutes shorter.

For your other point, my turn to say "it depends". When you're starting something like a capture fissure, it's expected that everyone will RUSH. In such a case, if they don't wait for you at elevator, don't go around willfully wasting everyone's time dude... There are some idiots that will insta start elev, but in many cases, when the team doesn't wait for someone, it's that this someone is taking his sweet time, enjoying his own confort and ignoring everyone else's. That someone will still be able to catch up with the group, but the group can't do anything... So yeah, if people don't wait for you in such situation, don't get frustrated at them, don't willfully waste their time. Cause in many cases, it started by you wasting 3 other people's time, while they are still completing the mission for you. Just start going faster, it's the polite thing to do. As opposed to a " I'll waste your time because you did not wait for me, at the elevator I took an eternity to get to".

But yeah, I don't know you, maybe it was everytime the case of a jerk insta starting elev and never you being overly slow, I don't know. But if you encounter such jerk, still, please don't punish the rest of the team because of him.

And I'd like to say that, without spoiler mode nor any speed ability, it's not hard to keep up with a buffed speedster. If you start a mission like capture fissure (or anything that can be rushed through and is generally done over and over), don't go in with the mindset of "I'm gonna enjoy the scenery and take aaaall my time", you'll always be in the wrong. It's like if a MOBA player would willingly let their team die just because he's enjoying fighting minions... That's pretty much the same horrible feeling for your team.

Again, I'm not saying all this to you personnaly, I dont know you, just stating my pov here.

And yeah, in many missions, you are not expected to rush too much (if at all), and when nothing is on the line, feel free to do whatever you want. Just know when you are on needed to hurry up and don't be selfish.

And ofc excluding noobs, as long as you're trying, all good !

So according to this thread there are people who actually bother to stay in elevators more than they have to, instead of leaving their (i assume)slow teams behind and rushing the extract to go afk and have a better use of their time than possibly waiting for an eternity until a teammate finds all the ayatan stars and loots all crates on the map.

I'm seriously bamboozled by this, why would anyone want to willingly go through this torture?

2 hours ago, kgabor said:

So according to this thread there are people who actually bother to stay in elevators more than they have to, instead of leaving their (i assume)slow teams behind and rushing the extract to go afk and have a better use of their time than possibly waiting for an eternity until a teammate finds all the ayatan stars and loots all crates on the map.

I'm seriously bamboozled by this, why would anyone want to willingly go through this torture?

Which is the torture- the waiting or the looting?

Since either way seems right to players and the other is wrong to the other side.

I don't rush and when I see that counter, I know it doesn't matter if I was right behind or two floors away, I know it's not going to get me there any sooner. Congratz, you got the target before everyone loaded in/killed the boss before the rest of the team got to the room/killed all the Exterm enemies all by yourself....so what reason are you in public doing SOLO work?

Edited by (PS4)Dishinshoryuken

8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why?

Frost is a great frame for arbi hostage defense. If you said Sortie hostage defense I'd agree but in arbis you can actually control the hostage to stand where you want him to i.e inside Frost's bubble. The heresy in all of that are the people that dont know how arbi hostages work.

How can you control the hostage to stay inside the bubble? He is down(literally)!

Edited by bibmobello

On 2019-10-08 at 12:10 AM, Jiminez_Burial said:

Volts who are running a speed build in public lobbies but don't have Narrow Minded equipped.

People who place a WP right next to an ayatan star, and when asked "what is the waypoint for" they reply only with "ayatan".

Not muting Ordis.

Saying "Crit is the only way to build weapons" and the related comment of "if it can't crit, it's useless".

Using Inaros because you can't be bothered getting better at the game.

I run a very fast Volt from time to time, but he's built for more than just speed (nuking as well, though he lacks range, but makes up for it with above average strength at 171%). I don't know if 171% qualifies as a speed build, but I can see it as annoying. I lack any sort of range for that option, but my build doesn't include any room for negative range. I run it instead of my main setup when I feel a bit slow with him.

Never encountered the second, as they just don't answer, which is more annoying.

True. I try to unmute him at rare times if I'm bored, but I immediately regret my decision and shut him back up, the poor cephalon.

Anyone who has that mindset is so ill-informed. Have they not heard of CO? Like how do you not know, at least, how superior status is to crit, especially a mixture. Melee 3.0 will change things though, in 2157 when it's released.

Thank. You.

Just thought I could share a few thoughts.

On 2019-10-08 at 1:21 AM, VanFanel1980mx said:

You can literally remove Saryn's fun by killing infected enemies since it will reduce her stacks faster, yes, she can still kill very fast but she still requires her infection stacks to be consistent.

I only use her in ESO, and even my clanmates seem to forget to keep at least some goddamn enemies alive, let alone randos. It's so damn annoying. She stays in ESO and only for focus farming, but it's still so annoying.

On 2019-10-09 at 12:34 AM, Helch0rn said:

that has been changed quite a while ago in order to prevent players griefing Saryn players

• All spores on an infected enemy will burst and spread if any of the following conditions are met:
    • Spores' initial target is killed by any source.
    • Players landing the killing blow on any infected enemies.
    • Infected enemies are killed by Molt130xDark.png Molt's explosion damage.
    • Saryn's weapons hitting anywhere on the infected enemies' body while ToxicLash130xDark.png Toxic Lash is active.
    • Infected enemies are killed by any source while sickened by Miasma130xDark.png Miasma.
  • Spores do not spread if enemies infected via transmission are killed by Spores' damage per second alone.

It doesn't matter if a player using Trinity thinks she's a nuke frame. Or if Equinox nukes the map before enemies spawn, causing the spores to die alongside the enemies. I swear some people just choose the worst timing to kill enemies in ESO.