Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

unable to join friends/players "work around"

dutchstig

Hallo tenno 

Sind a couple of days i seem to not be able to join friends to start missions together.
regular match making in public lobbys worked just fine just joining friends and other playes via invites didnt  work  
I looked at diverent settings and even checked my pc if my hardware was running like it should. but nothing seem to work.
So (naturaly) we started experimention with stuf.

first thing we noticed wile trying to join a friend that was in a lobby was that for a split second my name would  apear as in the squad list and then disapear.

seconde thing was that only i experienced the problem cus my other friend had no problem join each other.

third was that when i was the one sending the invite they got a matchmaking error wile for me it just showed the joining lobby screen followed by nothing but utter disapointment.

then i noticed something interesting wile trying  to join my friend using /join <insert playername>  wile he was in a mission it said that i couldnt join because "the mission objective was complete" wile they had just started so the error wasnt true with brought me to the idea the my game asumed that every lobby other then ones in matchmaking were "locked" in a state of completed objective and thus couldnt connect to them.
also after retrying that we found out that the host had his settings on invite only 😐 so even tho the error was wrong it made sense that i werent able to join.

so we started thinking about ways to some how fool the game into thinking i was joining a matchmaking sesion wile infact i was joining my friends and that let to the first solution
after excepting the invite for the lobby your friend must start to spam a mission note. 

we found his by fooling around and my friend was like f*ck it im just gonna spam trying to start the mission and somehow it worked. i

I assume because my name does apear for a split seconde on his end and him spamming the note turned the orbitor lobby into a matchmaking lobby thus working around the problem and being able to join a friends sesion and even stay in that one after the mission ended and not having further issues.

but thats a pain in the ass to do very time so after  realising that my friends lobby was on invite only we tried to have me join a friends only lobby which worked so second option,

have your friend join a friends only mission and then use the /join <insert friends name> command to join his sesion.
when trying to join a random for e.g. tradeing have that player join a sesion with atleast one open spot to be able to use the /join command or just add that person as a friend real quick and then do the friends only lobby methode. 

i hope this helps some of you guys out and pls DE fix your ish
😘 jk love you ❤️ keep up the good work.