Sign in to follow this  
-UbernoobPrime-

Gas Daikyu Setup

Question

Hey guys, finally got the Daikyu I was after, CC+Tox+Heat! So gas is innate so here is the build I came up with for it.

Amalgam Serration, Split Chamber, Point Stike, Vital Sense, Speed Trigger, primed Bane Mod, Riven {143cc/83tox/95heat}, then either the 60/60, Hunter munitions, vigilante armaments. 

Which would you all recommend and why?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

The last slot should be the toxin 60/60.

Toxin damage factors into your gas proc damage, and you need more status chance to get those procs.

So malignant force is going to be more effective overall. 

Posted (edited)

I would build on crit chance (>100%) & max crit damage.

And include the Daikyu amalgam mod, 3% life steal on Nikanas is very powerful on some frames, as that is the only healing source you will need. And in practical terms it also increases your max ammo to 178 (from 72), that is approx. the expected amount you can shoot before running out (as you have a 60% chance of getting every arrow back). 

And since that mod also gives +75% to headshot multipliers (which generally is 2x => 3.5x), headshots become quite powerful. Ivara with 250% strength adds another 100% (headshot damage) when using prowl (and as Daikyu is silent it will not break invisibility). I've seen some totally insane headshot values (one-shot killing just about everything).

For more style there is also Spring-Loaded Broadhead, a "totally forgotten" mod that is better than it looks.

The thing with the improved Daikyu is that you can either build for one-shotting most enemies (which means trying to apply status effects is wasted), or for applying (crit-improved) status effects, and then gas basically rules due to it's capacity to spread and combined with Daikyu's high damage. I use two quite different builds due to this. Hunter Munitions is in/out on the crit build, depending on mood & mission 🙂.

In my opinion Daikyu is one of the "great weapons" in the game, from how it looks and how it handles.

Edited by Graavarg