Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus are pushing me out of the game entirely

LimHighgate

I'm relatively "new" to Warframe (MR15, Oberon Prime main) and play mostly solo, so I'm sure I'm missing something here, but Corpus...wtf... 

Every mission type, every thing in Orb Vallis, everything about Venus in general... Corpus enemies hit too hard, too fast and strip energy and shields too often for me to ever have an inkling of a hope to accomplish anything. 

Tearing through Infested, Grineer and Corrupted enemies around level 40-50 like they're a joke, then being stopped dead in my tracks by level 20-25 corpus feels so messed up. 

What am I missing here? Are we forced to only use certain frames and loadouts against these annoying game ruining scumbags? 

• Like 2

Corpus in general are a pain to deal with due to their anti-warframe-ability-tech.

Nothin's more annoying than blasting a group of corpus with an ability only to watch them face tank it without a scratch because of some damn nullifier.

Personally, I never play corpus missions unless I absolutely have to.

Corpus Spy is one thing I will never touch again, even with a stick.

• Like 1

It depends on what you are using for weapons to start. Toxin is your friend here as it till just go through shields. The OV units are not good examples as a good number just seem th have dr or immunity to abilities.another option would be to use gas as they do have high numbers and again toxin. 

Their shields also provide resistances to things that the grineer and infested are weak to. Along with that most of their forces are robotic so they have kinda the opposites for weaknesses if they are the issue magnetic and radiation are best.

Yeah they can be pretty annoying. The one good thing about Corpus is you can, to some extent, use mobility to evade some of their damage since their weapons aren’t hitscan. But otherwise you can use a melee weapon to block with (shield weapons are best for this purpose). Crowd control abilities that stun or knock them down also help out a lot. And when nullifiers get to be really annoying, a high fire rate weapon, especially beam weapons modded for fire rate, will pop those annoying shields instantly.

Also don’t be afraid to spam any abilities that help keep you alive, Warframe’s gameplay kinda forces you to, especially when playing solo.

Weaponry is considerably more effective against Corpus compared to Abilities, due to Nullifiers. If you're having serious trouble, I'd recommend packing Gas damage, as it bypasses their shields and hits AoE. Alternatively, impact and magnetic damage are useful for breaking through their shields in the first place.

Moreover, Nullifiers might be the bane of any wide-ranging ability but they aren't so effective against smaller-ranged abilities, particularly buffing, which your Oberon is good at. They're also very vulnerable to fast-firing weapons, which can turn off their bubbles quite effectively, enabling you to kill them without risking losing your HP regeneration.

• Like 2

Stay on the move. Most of their weapons are either traveling projectiles or short range beams, so it's not that hard to dodge. Bring a fast firing weapon to pop nullifyer bubbles, which is especially important for Oberon to keep his 2 and 3 active. Moas are squishy, but can become overwhelming in numbers if you don't pay attention to them. Easily handled with some ground slams and swings with melee.

I think the key with Corpus is to spot and prioritize specific enemies. Their fodder types are usually very easy, but nullfiers and knockdowns can be a pain if you don't deal with that first. 

Also, if you can keep your 2 up, it will protect you from status and knockdowns. For CC you can also use your 1 to target specific enemies and have them fight eachother due to the radiation damage.

Oberons playstyle is very versatile depending on mission and build. He was my main during my first half year in the game as well. Still a favorite.

1 minute ago, SirTobe said:

Stay on the move. Most of their weapons are either traveling projectiles or short range beams, so it's not that hard to dodge. Bring a fast firing weapon to pop nullifyer bubbles, which is especially important for Oberon to keep his 2 and 3 active. Moas are squishy, but can become overwhelming in numbers if you don't pay attention to them. Easily handled with some ground slams and swings with melee.

I think the key with Corpus is to spot and prioritize specific enemies. Their fodder types are usually very easy, but nullfiers and knockdowns can be a pain if you don't deal with that first. 

Also, if you can keep your 2 up, it will protect you from status and knockdowns. For CC you can also use your 1 to target specific enemies and have them fight eachother due to the radiation damage.

Oberons playstyle is very versatile depending on mission and build. He was my main during my first half year in the game as well. Still a favorite.

In Orb Vallis, it's also threat level-specific enemies. The Terra Shield Osprey can plaster nullifer bubbles on any target... whether or not that target can innately generate nullifier bubbles - but only at threat level 3 and above. And they're hard to spot because they are tiny and they fly! They are harder to spot and kill than normal nullifiers and far more dangerous because they can put the bubble on anyone (they used to even be able to put it on Tenno!).

It's totally a lot of fun when a Terra Shield Osprey puts a nullifier bubble on a Terra Moa... which are Moas that can jump (with haste!) distances up to 50m!

Here's some basic tricks for corpus

1. Move sideways. Their weaponry are projectile based, making them easier to avoid be moving out from their flight path

2. Use magnetic and toxin. Magnetic has 75% bonus against shields and toxin bypass shield, damaging their health directly

3. Focus on heavy units with long range attacks, such as terra visor with their Cyclops' eye beam attack or moa with thick thighs. These moas can flip jump and knock you down

4. Armor doesn't help much. Their attack is puncture based, which is effective against armored targets (you included) with 50% against ferrite armor and 15% against alloy armor

5. Try battacor. That weapon is sweet for taking down corpus

6. Try Mag or Nyx. They can strip their defenses but don't get hit, they're not a tanker

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

In Orb Vallis, it's also threat level-specific enemies. The Terra Shield Osprey can plaster nullifer bubbles on any target... whether or not that target can innately generate nullifier bubbles - but only at threat level 3 and above. And they're hard to spot because they are tiny and they fly! They are harder to spot and kill than normal nullifiers and far more dangerous because they can put the bubble on anyone (they used to even be able to put it on Tenno!).

It's totally a lot of fun when a Terra Shield Osprey puts a nullifier bubble on a Terra Moa... which are Moas that can jump (with haste!) distances up to 50m!

Yes, but in Vallis you can usually use the open environment to your advantage. Those shield ospreys have a limited range, so just back up a bit and it will either show itself or the enemies following you will get out of range and lose the shield. You can also still groundslam affected enemies for quick and easy CC. Moas are easy to avoid as long as you keep a good oversight of where the enemies come from. Again, use the environment to your advantage and keep moving so you don't get surrounded and ganked. 

hace 1 hora, LimHighgate dijo:

I'm relatively "new" to Warframe (MR15, Oberon Prime main) and play mostly solo, so I'm sure I'm missing something here, but Corpus...wtf... 

Every mission type, every thing in Orb Vallis, everything about Venus in general... Corpus enemies hit too hard, too fast and strip energy and shields too often for me to ever have an inkling of a hope to accomplish anything. 

Tearing through Infested, Grineer and Corrupted enemies around level 40-50 like they're a joke, then being stopped dead in my tracks by level 20-25 corpus feels so messed up. 

What am I missing here? Are we forced to only use certain frames and loadouts against these annoying game ruining scumbags? 

So ... you are MR15 ... and you have problems with lvl 25-50 enemies .... wow , thats sad ....

" Are we forced to only use certain frames and loadouts against these annoying game ruining scumbags? "

No ... you just need to have some insanelly basic skills ... you can beat enemies of that lvl (no matter the faction) with absolute any frame and weapon in the game .

58 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Weaponry is considerably more effective against Corpus compared to Abilities, due to Nullifiers. If you're having serious trouble, I'd recommend packing Gas damage, as it bypasses their shields and hits AoE.

Only the gas status proc bypasses shields because it's a toxin proc.

Simply put - yes, you should (and on higher levels have to) pick your loadout depending on the faction.

What you are complaining about is basically one of Warframe's major features - unique faction design. Where other games of same genre often stop at giving different factions their own health types and some unique elite enemies, here all three factions have their distinct tactics for killing you efficiently.

Corpus in particular are specialized in three things: 1) countering AoE or channeled abilities, 2) high burst damage, 3) stagger and other control effects. But as you may suspect, they also lack some defense measures - they have the least effective health, they don't have any damage resistance and their fire can be easily evaded. They also are the only faction having neither magnetic procs nor energy leach eximus (don't know why are you complaining about energy drain).

What's said above means that the best tactics for the Corpus is: 1) keeping high distanse (which means choosing weapons accordingly) 2) having a frame not focusing on AoE or closequarters  combat(Mesa, Inaros, Nekros, Titania) 3) relying on tanking rather than control (which means frames like Banshee, Volt, Zephyr or Mag are riskier than let's say Wukong or Gauss).

I also think that having to pick your whole loadout according to enemy faction rather than switching a couple of weapons for a better damage type is more of an advantage than a drawback.

• Like 1

Corpus on Venus are advanced for their levels ,

i personally feel they would be more suited to Pluto.

You aren't doing anything wrong per se , the game is just poor at explaining that they are tougher than their regular mission counterparts. and their snipers are very good at taking advantage of distance.

you need to approach them like they are twice their level.

plus the usual: Toxin on weapons , less dependence on ability and more movement or atleast higher passive tanking (more armor , less DR abilities) would serve you better.

1 hour ago, LimHighgate said:

so I'm sure I'm missing something here, but Corpus...wtf... 

Corpus and Corpus derived mobs are the most annoying by a landslide imo. This tends to be offset by the fact that they are typically the easiest mobs to kill too.

Be mindful of your surroundings in encounters and develop strategies for when your abilities are impaired

Keep moving... Most of their stuff is fairly easy to dodge provided you don't remain flat-footed.

Develop a kill order for Corpus enemies that works well for you. Corpus enemies, imo, are different from the other factions in that they throw a whole bunch of enemies that take advantage of lots of different potential weak spots and that kill order can change depending on any number of different circumstances.

For example, I give osprey's my earliest attention (often even above Nullifiers) because they make everything more difficult...But if it's a flock of Nullifiers I go for them first instead.

Develop tactics and an order that works for you.

Corpus are really really squishy, because it's very easy to bypass their shields.
I don't even bother any more with magnetic, use pure toxin or high-status gas weapons and their shields become utterly irrelevant.
Ignis Wraith modded for pure gas + Expel Corpus will mow down anything in the starmap and you don't even have to aim.
As an added bonus, it's one of the best weapons vs nullifiers.

As others have said, stay always in movement to avoid their time-of-flight attacks.
Oberon's abilities are mostly Radiation damage, which is not fantastic vs shields.
Corpus attacks tend to pierce armor, so build for health/shields rather than armor.

5 hours ago, LimHighgate said:

Emm....  You are aware of forma, mods, ranking up mods, etc, yes?

Considering I mostly solo, I'm trying to think of corpus issues... and the only thing I can think of is Orb Vallis bounties going nuts, and teleporters that are broken because they need only intent, not LOS.

But I've not had those same issues.  We may need an explanation of your play style.

Until you start fighting level 80 plus enemies it's  not that hard.  Set your group settings to public and have random players do missions with you it makes things easier.

Even as an average player i don't often have issues.

The number 1 rule of warframe is you never hold still.  Be in constant motion so your harder to hit.  As you build up your operater mode use its powers to your advantage.  And use every bit of your surroundings to block enemies fire.  Force the ai into choke points and be strategic.  We are much faster then the ai.

Remember dodge.  Learn from gohan and the 4 ds of dodgeball.  Dodge, dive, duck, and dodge.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2