Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus are pushing me out of the game entirely

LimHighgate

Hey. Checkout out the Battacor. It deals magnetic damage (the damage u want to use). Also the Acceltra formad for magnetic or viral damage will shred them. All the kit guns are good against them (rattleguts with its high firerate) and Viral zaws are excellent. Lots of options but u need a different approach than the other factions. Corrosive is not the best here as u need to lower their shields or hit their health directly. Viral and magnetic is really good against them.  Gas works but I never use it personally.  Kind of have to start picking certain damages for certain missions and use certain weapons u have prepared for those tasks at ur rank and things ramp up. I have a Tiberon P with a crit Riven and magnetic build I have ready to go for the Corpus. Rhino with his iron skin and damage boost is prob an easy frame to get better fighting against them. Good luck, once u get the hang of it u won’t think twice dealing with them. 

Edited by hendrix923

How "new" are you exactly?  MR doesn't really matter because people can Hydron for a little while and get there.  If your mods aren't maxed (or close), you're missing certain mods, not multi formaing your weapons and frames, equipping arcanes and things of this nature then yes Orb Vallis solo will probably be a problem.  Oberon is one of my favorite frames and modded right the Corpus have to get way higher before being able to hurt him.  Of course take out nullifiers as you see them.

11 hours ago, LimHighgate said:

I'm relatively "new" to Warframe (MR15, Oberon Prime main) and play mostly solo, so I'm sure I'm missing something here, but Corpus...wtf... 

Every mission type, every thing in Orb Vallis, everything about Venus in general... Corpus enemies hit too hard, too fast and strip energy and shields too often for me to ever have an inkling of a hope to accomplish anything. 

Tearing through Infested, Grineer and Corrupted enemies around level 40-50 like they're a joke, then being stopped dead in my tracks by level 20-25 corpus feels so messed up. 

What am I missing here? Are we forced to only use certain frames and loadouts against these annoying game ruining scumbags? 

Oberon sucks in the anti corpus roll, I would need to see your build but sheilds are a wast on Oberon main most corpus units don't strip energy but do stop/negate powers.  as for energy unless you are unable to heal it should not be a problem with the corps' damage output.  also how are you MR 15 with Oberon Prime but have trouble on Venus? 

If I had to guess what you need to change I would start with weapon and elemental damage type (high ROF with Gas or toxin depending on status chance) then move to your Oberon build you want positve eff on channeled abilities and as much strength, duration and range as possible build some energy and cast 3, 2 then use your 1 on heavies and 4 when you need to breath while at all time staying away from nuiffiers at all costs.  one final thing Oberon has a very specific level ranges so the corpus who do enough damage that you need your heal but not enough that you can fully use your heal.   

12 hours ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

magnetic and cold damage are strong against the corpus because of their use of shields instead of armour

any damage vs health is good too

however i've never struggled with the corpus like you do... 

I'm guessing he is talking about Fortuna, where a level 20 Corpus is comparative in terms of stats to a level 40 unit anywhere else.

• Like 1

I had the opposite problem. I just happened to be kitted out for corpus so they were no problem at all. Grineer, however, were a total pain because I wasn’t getting past their armour.

Once I figured out the various elemental combinations and what impact puncture and slash actually did, i found things got a little easier.

I also bought an Arca Plasmor, so that helped too.

12 hours ago, LimHighgate said:

I'm relatively "new" to Warframe (MR15, Oberon Prime main) and play mostly solo, so I'm sure I'm missing something here, but Corpus...wtf... 

Every mission type, every thing in Orb Vallis, everything about Venus in general... Corpus enemies hit too hard, too fast and strip energy and shields too often for me to ever have an inkling of a hope to accomplish anything. 

Tearing through Infested, Grineer and Corrupted enemies around level 40-50 like they're a joke, then being stopped dead in my tracks by level 20-25 corpus feels so messed up. 

What am I missing here? Are we forced to only use certain frames and loadouts against these annoying game ruining scumbags? 

Toxin bypasses shields and kills the Orokin Cockroaches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S.Dust said:

play with a squad instead of solo problem solved.

This sort of solution gets presented all too often with little thought.

Struggling a bit? Just tell them they should be playing with a squad, instead of providing anything of substance to help them get better.

Providing feedback on how a frame makes the game unenjoyable? Just tell them they should play solo instead of providing proper counter arguments.

People afking in pubs? You should be using recruit chat, because using recruit chat for literally every mission you ever want to run is super simple and not time consuming at all.

"Matchmake differently" is rarely the solution, it's a band aid that doesn't actually fix the problem but rather avoids it so we can all go about pretending they don't exist.

I am also quite new to the game and don´t own many warframes but with my Oberon prime I also struggle.

What works for me are either Mesa Prime (easy game mode with 3 and 4 combined), Chroma Prime (stay in motion, use a good melee) and surprisingly NYX.

Nyx´s 3 ability "Chaos" can make this a walk in the park. The corpus units just fight against each other until no one is left and you take care of the nullifiers yourself.

With Nyx 1 you can even capture strong units and let them fight for you.

Edited by IamLoco

20 hours ago, LimHighgate said:

What's happening there is that Corpus units on Orb Vallis deal extra Cold damage (just like modding your weapons with Cold damage) through all of their weapons, on top of each weapon's natural stats. This includes their Arca weaponry, which deal innate Radiation damage on top of their extra Cold damage, being Cold damage the highest damaging element on their weapons, followed by Radiation (when applicable) and lastly, physical damage.

Warframe shields are vulnerable to both Radiation AND Cold damage, so you take extra damage from both elements.

This doesn't happen on any other Corpus mission because, considering storyline, players are not supposed to be on Fortuna/Orb Vallis before clearing up both "The War Within" quest AND Cetus/Plains of Eidolons, by maxing out Ostron+Quills Syndicate levels. At the moment that the Tenno arrive at Fortuna, Anyo's tired of losing stuff to the Tenno, so its obvious that his Terra Corpus units were equipped to deal with Warframes with an increased efficiency.... which is why I'm against allowing players to get into places they're not meant to be in, considering storyline.

12 hours ago, hendrix923 said:

Hey. Checkout out the Battacor. It deals magnetic damage (the damage u want to use). Also the Acceltra formad for magnetic or viral damage will shred them. All the kit guns are good against them (rattleguts with its high firerate) and Viral zaws are excellent. Lots of options but u need a different approach than the other factions. Corrosive is not the best here as u need to lower their shields or hit their health directly. Viral and magnetic is really good against them.  Gas works but I never use it personally.  Kind of have to start picking certain damages for certain missions and use certain weapons u have prepared for those tasks at ur rank and things ramp up. I have a Tiberon P with a crit Riven and magnetic build I have ready to go for the Corpus. Rhino with his iron skin and damage boost is prob an easy frame to get better fighting against them. Good luck, once u get the hang of it u won’t think twice dealing with them. 

Rhino is the worst frame against corpus because probably soon or later  you will end inside a bubble dying... at least on serious very high levels i normally play(waiting a serious endgame by DE).If you want a tank just use Inaros and till level 200 you don't have any problem. After thousand of hours against corpus, i can clearly say that  the best damage against them is viral + impact till "normal levels" after that only gas can kill them(but if you have 4 shield destruction). Magnetic could be good if you are able to one shoot them and yes again till "normal " levels you can one shot them easily after that you will not one shot any of them neither with magnetic so it will be useless(but if you have+ gas mods to increase the status). 

Edited by bibmobello

For starters, yes, enemies in the Orb Vallis hurt a lot more than Corpus units of the same level in regular missions so ideally you use a frame with DR ability or loads of armor. My personal preference for Vallis bounties is Nova or Mesa, since both have a nice DR ability + slowing enemies with Nova or killing everything around with Mesa.

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Warframe shields are vulnerable to both Radiation AND Cold damage, so you take extra damage from both elements.

Cold? Yes. Radiation? No. In fact, radiation deals decreased damage.

2019-10-09_16_21_44-Shield___WARFRAME_Wi

Additionally, Warframes are made out of Ferrite Armor/Flesh, which both have no modifier for Radiation damage.

There was a time when Warframes used alloy armor, but that was a long time ago.

7 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

This sort of solution gets presented all too often with little thought.

Struggling a bit? Just tell them they should be playing with a squad, instead of providing anything of substance to help them get better.

Providing feedback on how a frame makes the game unenjoyable? Just tell them they should play solo instead of providing proper counter arguments.

People afking in pubs? You should be using recruit chat, because using recruit chat for literally every mission you ever want to run is super simple and not time consuming at all.

"Matchmake differently" is rarely the solution, it's a band aid that doesn't actually fix the problem but rather avoids it so we can all go about pretending they don't exist.

I don't care if you liked the solution but it is a solution to the problem. If he can't deal with it alone he will have an easier time with others. There is nothing else we can tell him he wouldn't already know to do like mod better. If he's not at a point where he has the mods to deal with them well even more reason to just stop playing in solo and get with a squad so you at least have people to pick you up if you get downed. So get off your high horse.

7 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

snip

This sort of comment gets posted all too often with little thought.

If "proper" solutions come so easy for you, perhaps you should share them (preferably also to the devs, so they can get to implementing them already) instead of whining?

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

There is nothing else we can tell him he wouldn't already know to do like mod better.

And yet people have still provided plenty of help.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

This sort of comment gets posted all too often with little thought.

If "proper" solutions come so easy for you, perhaps you should share them (preferably also to the devs, so they can get to implementing them already) instead of whining?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

See above, people have provided plenty of non-matchmake differently help, so evidently it exists.

How thin skinned are you if you consider my post "whining"?

8 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Rhino is the worst frame against corpus because probably soon or later  you will end inside a bubble dying... at least on serious very high levels i normally play(waiting a serious endgame by DE).If you want a tank just use Inaros and till level 200 you don't have any problem. After thousand of hours against corpus, i can clearly say that  the best damage against them is viral + impact till "normal levels" after that only gas can kill them(but if you have 4 shield destruction). Magnetic could be good if you are able to one shoot them and yes again till "normal " levels you can one shot them easily after that you will not one shot any of them neither with magnetic so it will be useless(but if you have+ gas mods to increase the status). 

I got the gist from his post he was having trouble with Oberon in regular Corpus missions. Rhino and his easy farm is not a bad option to practice tactics and damage types to help get thru ur basic orb Vallis missions.  Decent even for Profit Taker.  Mix things up for him to try with little effort to get the frame.  I bow out after 1hr in Arbitration’s so I can’t speak to anything above that.