Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there ever gonna be a plan on developing a mobile version of waframe?

Extremis915

It’s impossible to say really, unless you can see into the future. 

The most likely scenario is a separate mobile version spearheaded by a different studio like they did with the Switch version, but “most likely” isn’t saying much when they’ve never indicated an interest in releasing a mobile version. 

I wouldn’t be expecting anything soon. There are various methods of streaming Warframe onto your mobile device if you’re truly desperate for space ninja action on your phone.

10 hours ago, Extremis915 said:

Mobile gaming has become a part of the gaming community around the world,and people like me wander if mobile versions of pc games like warframe for example can be developed and optimized for mobile devices.

Honestly when i was half looking at this post`s title i was imaging something like Destiny`s mobile app where you can move around equips, check various details, etc...

Certainly would be nice to have a warframe app to let one go thru chat channels without needing your actual character be NOT be in a combat instance, Too bad market chat would be too painful to navigate thru on a smoll touch screen.

As for an actual version, FFFFFFFFFFFFFF-NOPE.avi, just because its a popular gag does not mean it should be done for every game, especially when they have to pull quite a huge difference in how the game itself actually works and usually has to include some link element so you can X-fer goodies on the mobile platform to the `REAL` version of the game.

Seriously look up Phantasy Star Online 2 and Phantasy Star Online 2es, they may sound the same but the latter is the `mobile version` of PSO2 but it is in a much more dumbed down version with some simple touch controls to enjoy, warframe would have to be something along those lines and i am very sure D.E. does not have the manpower to implement a similar type of game version and keep that active on top of the REAL warframe, P.S. if you were not familiar with the Phantasy Star series, the name SEGA should pretty much give you a very good idea on how much backing that PSO2 has for it, which actually came out a year before Warframe did.

I mean take a look at the Ludo-plex mini-games & Dog Days to give a good idea on what kind of quality we might expect for a mobile game version of warframe, if they do not plan to either hire another company to develop it OR if they plan to slow the heck down on warframe content just to work on said project.

Also speaking of `hiring another company` to develop a side-game as a `sister title` to a main title, if you want to see a good example of these being done badly, you can pretty much do plenty of digging around for mobile games made to promote some `triple aaa` title, but i find Wakfu Raiders, a crappy typical boring clone of generic collecta-thon game that i believe got shut down, is a prime example of being quite different and bad to boot, when compared to the original game. The original game itself, being Wakfu, a french online tactical-ISH rpg game i enjoyed a while back, but its pretty much another game that got ruined in quite a few many ways.

Edited by Avienas

Hi ^.^ 

Some tenno are having realy hard time to get to play even on a PC for Orb Valis and the plains so even with optimisation the current state of technology would not provide us of any mobile technology(affordable) able to render a proper gameplay for this type of game.

TL:DR : current cellphones wont make it sadly ;(

But the idea is not wrong ^.^ 

Having the possibility to play games in the warframe mobile app that would give us stuff in the real game would be cool.

You know a mini-game of cyphers or even a little management game that allows you to drop lets say .... MUTAGENE SAMPLES !

Btw welcome to the forums tenno ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013