Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... The "saryn Master Race".

TwiceDead

EDIT:

I got my answer. 

Thanks everyone. :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's up with that? 

What makes Saryn the master race? 

Looking at her abilities they seem mediocre at best. Considering the first ability is somewhat useless since mobs die so fast anyway, her second is nice, her third is a melee enhancement ability and as we all know Melee is useless... Then there's an ultimate that deals 250(potentially 325) per tick per second for 4 seconds (potentially 6 seconds) for a total of 1000 (potentially 1950) damage. 

... I could've #*($%%@ up my math here, I wouldn't be surprised by that in the least, but still I am not seeing the big deal here. 

So is there a good reason I hear the phrase "The Saryn Master Race" around the forums? Or is it just because it's Saryn? 

Curiosity killed the cat. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Venom was once the single most powerful "weapon" in the game due to it's infinite scaling untill it got nerfed badly.

Saryn is the toughest frame out of all (Rhino with Iron skin is just a tad more durable than Saryn).

Her Ulti is 2nd most powerful in terms of damage (1950 armor ignore damage - add in Nova's 2x bonus and Roar and it becomes around 5850).

Venom was once the single most powerful "weapon" in the game due to it's infinite scaling untill it got nerfed badly.

Saryn is the toughest frame out of all (Rhino with Iron skin is just a tad more durable than Saryn).

Her Ulti is 2nd most powerful in terms of damage (1950 armor ignore damage - add in Nova's 2x bonus and Roar and it becomes around 5850).

That doesn't quite make sense, I thought Saryn only had 125 Armor while both Rhino AND Frost had 150. 

Does Base HP matter that much? 

Saryn's base armour + Steel Fiber and her base HP + Vitality and Vigor give her the most effective Hitpoints out of all frames.

Her ultimate ignores armour at a high damage output that can be amplifed without target number limitation and at a high range.

She's a DPS tank. Saryn's pretty good.

That doesn't quite make sense, I thought Saryn only had 125 Armor while both Rhino AND Frost had 150. 

Base heath does matter. and the increased damage reduction from 125 to 150 armour isn't all that much.

Also Miasma ignores armour.

Armor only affects health, which Rhino and Frost both have base 100 of. Saryn ha 150 which means her 25 less armor goes much further as you start applying armor and health mods.

I wouldn't say she is all that tough, although yes it might take longest to deplete her health pool of all warframes. She has highest health combined with 2nd highest armor (Frost and Rhino having highest).

1290 health with Vitality and Vigor, Rhino would have 860.

I have both Saryn and a Rhino that I have Formad multiple times, Saryn gets destroyed doing missions where I won't take a scratch playing Rhino. She isn't all that durable (of course there are far weaker frames too) cause health doesn't really matter all that much, you can't restore it quickly anyway. Warframe abilities matter far more and Iron Skin is actually useful while while Molt is useless against anything other than Infested.

Playing a perma invisible Loki might be best.

Edited by Mikki79

Her biggest problem is that she can't heal fast enough to compensate shield tanking.

But she is still a very durable caster.

Arguably the caster with the MOST DPS and yet toughest durability.

But she is slow, but nothing a Hemlock helm can't fix.

Now I hope her venom is fixed again.

Edited by fatpig84