(PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O

Weapon exilus slots suggestion to make them usable

Hey everyone,

Last devstream showed the upcoming exilus slots for weapons (Primary and Secondary only) to free a slot for some utility mods like reload speed, Zoom, Projectile flight speed, Ammo mutation and more, Which Sounds very useful.

However, It appears that using a mod in this slot would drain mod capacity, Forcing anyone who wants to use these slots to forma their weapons more, Thus consuming time and forma, With the game having hundreds of primaries and secondaries. So i came up with a solution that could help in solving this problem.

On the devstream, They confirmed That to unlock this slot it would be a new item and not the normal exilus adapters we use for warframes, So this new item could have a different variations like:

Madurai ( V ) Exilus weapon adapter / Vazarin ( D ) Exilus weapon adapter / Naramon ( - ) Exilus weapon adapter.

Using one adapter on a weapon would give the exilus slot a polarity matching the adapter (Much like forma but without leveling and stuff) And using the utility mod that matches this polarity would remove the mod cost.

Example: Using Naramon ( - ) Exilus weapon adapter on a secondary weapon allows to equip a mod like quickdraw so it would drain 0 points instead if 7.

Of course it would be awesome if using a mod in the exilus slot would drain nothing anyway without the polarity (by using a normal exilus weapon adapter and not the variations i suggested above), But that will most likely not happen.

If anyone having a different solution feel free to share them.

Considering that these exilus slots add nothing but power creep I'm against your idea.
More power shouldn't be easy to obtain. The new adapter should be hard to get, and the slot should be unpolarized, so that we have to forma our weapon one or two more times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

More power shouldn't be easy to obtain.

But those of us that don't need it will still obtain it, so who is this being added for? DE just needs to focus on making things that are fun because challenge in WF is a pipe dream.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

But those of us that don't need it will still obtain it, so who is this being added for? DE just needs to focus on making things that are fun because challenge in WF is a pipe dream.

With that reasoning DE should give us a Nuke that wipes out everything on an open world map. Because you know, the game should be fun, and challenges aren't needed.

Again: The weapon exilus slots add nothing but power creep. No reason to make it even easier to obtain.

17 hours ago, (PS4)X-x-X_8_O-o-O said:

However, It appears that using a mod in this slot would drain mod capacity, Forcing anyone who wants to use these slots to forma their weapons more, Thus consuming time and forma, With the game having hundreds of primaries and secondaries

yeah that's kind of the point of Warframe

5 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Again: The weapon exilus slots add nothing but power creep. No reason to make it even easier to obtain.

To be clear, I'm against adding this slot, as you say, more power creep and overlap with rivens...but making it harder to obtain solves nothing.

DE can't say they want to add challenge and keep doing this stuff. 😞

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

To be clear, I'm against adding this slot, as you say, more power creep and overlap with rivens...

I'm real with you, I didn't get that. Thanks for making it clear.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

but making it harder to obtain solves nothing.

DE can't say they want to add challenge and keep doing this stuff. 😞

But making it as easy to get as OP wants it to be makes things even worse.

• Satisfied 1

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

To be clear, I'm against adding this slot, as you say, more power creep

It's not about power creep. Most Players rarely use utility mods because damage is everything (they feel). But that leaves them with an unsatisfying game play experience because the weapons have usability issues. The idea is to make utility modding fun and making more weapons viable. It shouldn't feel like a sacrifice to use utility mods.

By the way why am I the one explaining this rather than DE?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, supernils said:

It's not about power creep.

But it is.
Take current builds and slap an additional mod on there. The weapons becomes better. So power creep.

And stuff like mag size or reload speed affects DPS.

Less viable weapons won't get more use because of this, because the OP weapons will get the same treatment.
And sure, utility mods will get more use. That's correct. But at what cost? More Power creep...

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

More Power creep...

Well they could replace one mod slot with an exilus mod slot.... what do you expect might be the communities reaction to that ?

59 minutes ago, supernils said:

what do you expect might be the communities reaction to that ?

And this is the reasoning to throw the remaining balance out of the window?
That's just lazy.

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

And this is the reasoning to throw the remaining balance out of the window?
That's just lazy.

Balance? In Warframe? What exactly are you balancing? There is no PvP, sorties are a joke and arbitrations (and other) are scaling indefinitely. Only thing is Tridolons, where balance is only relevant to "how often can I loot them in one night".

3 hours ago, supernils said:

Most Players rarely use utility mods because damage is everything (they feel). But that leaves them with an unsatisfying game play experience because the weapons have usability issues. The idea is to make utility modding fun and making more weapons viable. It shouldn't feel like a sacrifice to use utility mods.

Litterally the same argumentation was used back then. Exilus mods did not make Warm Coat or Shock Absorber any better or desirable; it just created a second mod pool with its own ranking. Weapon's Exilus won't reach "official goal", but introduce power creep and another plat sink. This is not hypothetical fearmongering I am describing here - it is written history.

There is no slot problem, but a mod problem.

3 minutes ago, supernils said:

Balance? In Warframe? What exactly are you balancing? There is no PvP, sorties are a joke and arbitrations (and other) are scaling indefinitely.

There is no balance because...

3 hours ago, supernils said:

... what do you expect might be the communities reaction to that ?

If you ask yourself "Why Warframe is so easy?" look in a mirror, you are likely to see one of the reasons.

• Satisfied 1

55 minutes ago, supernils said:

Balance? In Warframe? What exactly are you balancing? There is no PvP, sorties are a joke and arbitrations (and other) are scaling indefinitely. Only thing is Tridolons, where balance is only relevant to "how often can I loot them in one night".

And because of the mindset you are showing here the game is easy as all hell...

As much as I'd like to discuss it with you but Warframes difficulty level is off topic, but I have to agree it's also the players fault (people choose easy mode frames over interesting play, people leave endless just when it gets a little harder than face roll, people bring catchmoon to void fissures etc, in short, people like power trip way too much)

20 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Litterally the same argumentation was used back then. Exilus mods did not make Warm Coat or Shock Absorber any better or desirable; it just created a second mod pool with its own ranking. Weapon's Exilus won't reach "official goal", but introduce power creep and another plat sink. This is not hypothetical fearmongering I am describing here - it is written history

I'm not long enough with Warframe to discuss the past. I think the Warframe exilus slot is a good thing and I wouldn want it abandonded just because I'd have to grind less forma. I actually dig having a use for affinity as side gain in the other activity. I think if people got all what they asked for they'd realize how boring the game would be.

I wish the Warframe exilus mods had more synergies with the individual frames though. That would help give more mods usage, more variety. Again I think it's up to the players themselves if they mostly go with Power Drift or Coaction Drift rather than actual utility. But yeah I'm guilty myself, I mostly use Rush it's just too good.