Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make the game harder.

Joezone619

Please. I'm tired of going to arbitrations and seeing people macro spamming slide attacks, it kills my motivation to play when people can just press a button & steer a camera while I'm here shooting like a normal person. DE needs to kill some of these cheese tactics, even something simple like a cooldown would be fine. Anything!

10 hours ago, Ramflare said:

Please. I'm tired of going to arbitrations and seeing people macro spamming slide attacks, it kills my motivation to play when people can just press a button & steer a camera while I'm here shooting like a normal person. DE needs to kill some of these cheese tactics, even something simple like a cooldown would be fine. Anything!

exactly, these tactics are so cheap and outdated, they've been used for litterally years, they tried to stop slide melee spam with whip by removing melee through walls, it kinda worked but pople dont care.

DE needs to make the game harder or they *may* face a worse fate then leaveing it. they got alot of players because of fortuna and railjack, but if those players get bored of 1 shotting everything, they're gonna turn to something else.

at least, thats ONE way things may go down.

Warframe has been far too easy for far to long, they talk about how they like to please most in their community, well if i may take this thread for credit, i believe the comunity has spoken.

• Like 1

i remember the original wolf of saturn six, the untapped and its undegraded form, which used to fck people in the ass if they went on a mission unprepared
now imagine the grineer introduced a new assault unit composed of 4 or 5 heavy unity, one for every tenno, as threatening as the first wolf
you runnin on a capture mission, and while on your way to extraction these guys will shows up like satellite drop infantry in plains of eidolon or will just appear out of nowhere in a ship tileset, and they will give the tenno the good ol "oh lawd help us" face

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MakubexKido said:

remember the original wolf of saturn six, the untapped and its undegraded form

yeah, that was well done, i think the assassin units should be made more like that, he was a #*!%ing challange, you got cocky, you got floored faster then volt and gauss combined.

29 minutes ago, MakubexKido said:

i remember the original wolf of saturn six, the untapped and its undegraded form, which used to fck people in the ass if they went on a mission unprepared
now imagine the grineer introduced a new assault unit composed of 4 or 5 heavy unity, one for every tenno, as threatening as the first wolf
you runnin on a capture mission, and while on your way to extraction these guys will shows up like satellite drop infantry in plains of eidolon or will just appear out of nowhere in a ship tileset, and they will give the tenno the good ol "oh lawd help us" face

I would love that. 

Oh but wait, the tears of the casuals. Oh the tears would create a saltwater river flowing through the forums and it would get nerfed, as they do. 

Edited by Flying_Scorpion

6 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

I would love that. 

Oh but wait, the tears of the casuals. Oh the tears would create a saltwater river and it would get nerfed, as they do. 

sad truth

RIP potential, just to please the measly casuals
warframe was meant to have more horror aspect in it right ?
the stalker, the manics, grustag three, they were meant to be a more threatening figures
they were meant to be a huge obstacle, not just some dirt to shove aside

DE needs to shift their focus on other factions, instead being focused on the tenno's all the time
the grineers, corpus, infesteds etc has gone bland throughout the years, its about time they spice em up

Becareful of what we ask, if "hard" means truckload of "Parasitic Eximus corrupted bombard with nullifiers aura", it'll be a NO.

The demolyst are a good example of a step in the right way : they are less vulnerable to our power, but not immune, they have a specific purpose and are a bit tanky which can make us "fail".

Edited by MonsterOfMyOwn

5 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Oh but wait, the tears of the casuals. Oh the tears would create a saltwater river flowing through the forums and it would get nerfed, as they do. 

It's not about whether you're "casual" or not as much as how much you have progressed and what you have available to you. However, his suggestion has multiple flaws with it:

1) New players already get f*ked by the zealoids because those things hit way too hard for low MR players, have too much hp, revive, have one that goes invulnerable (one of the worst mechanics that is EVERYWHERE in the game), and those players often don't even have the resources to max out their basic mods yet, like Serration, Vitality, Hornet Strike, Redirection, or the elemental mods. Weapons being locked behind MR means they don't even have access to many of the good ones, and they don't realistically have a way to know which ones those are.

2) These kinds of assassins have already been in the game and proved to be a hugely negative thing due to how they run counter to the idea that you want to constantly be leveling new gear, so you have memes like this:

Unfair_Stalker_A.jpg

3) Assassins popping into your mission isn't "difficulty." It's cheese. You bring the right tools for the job for the mission you're running, but oh no! Now these completely out of place enemies show up for no reason that have nothing to do with anything other than a half-baked idea about how to "introduce difficulty" into the game and the tools you brought may not be appropriate for them.

4) People will just cheese these guys too. Everything in the game gets countered because we have tools for everything.

5) People will then complain about being forced into a particular meta all the time by the possibility of these new assassins showing up. It's the same argument they make against a NG+ style star chart that starts 100-200 levels higher than base.

You can see that 3, 4, and 5 are all causally linked and that the original proposal still does nothing to solve the "problem" as it's proposed today.

Edit:

When 5 happens, you see a narrowing in the scope of mission types people are willing to run, which ends up hurting the game in the long run--especially new players who may need help there.

Edited by FrostDragoon

9 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

3) Assassins popping into your mission isn't "difficulty." It's cheese. You bring the right tools for the job for the mission you're running, but oh no! Now these completely out of place enemies show up for no reason that have nothing to do with anything other than a half-baked idea about how to "introduce difficulty" into the game and the tools you brought may not be appropriate for them.

4) People will just cheese these guys too. Everything in the game gets countered because we have tools for everything.

5) People will then complain about being forced into a particular meta all the time by the possibility of these new assassins showing up. It's the same argument they make against a NG+ style star chart that starts 100-200 levels higher than base.

The problem with the Wolf of Saturn Six in a nutshell ladies and gentlemen. For a while it was "Have a Radiation Rubico Prime in your loadout or gtfo" and that's why whenever he showed up after my 3rd or 4th kill I would just abandon the mission, not because it was difficult, but because it was an utter SLOG of a fight.

I honestly find it a bit sad how one of the most notable reasons why people liked the Wolf wasn't in his design or fight, but because it irritated people.

6 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

im still wonder where our enemie stealth units are.

The old Scrambus/Combas used to be like that with their Auras. Especially when you’re doing a Survival and one of those enemies disable your Abilities from out of nowhere.

The key is not difficuly as much as it is proper reward connected to challenge. The rewards for challenging gameplay are not very good IMO, the rewards too good, even manditory for easy gameplay. Couple this with the lack of a proper player market and you have a system that encourages power creep.

With a market the game could gate high end rewards with challenging content. Then the base game could actually be made easier, high reward gameplay serious and casuals could buy high end with credits from players.

• Like 1

I'm all for making the game harder but definitely not the "you die with one stray bullet shot that hit your pinky toe while you were dodging bullets mid air" kind of hard that happens in Mot Survival after lvl 150.

This game's ballance is completely effed up not just because of armor and damage scaling that basically breaks once enemies reach past lvl 200 but also because every mission has a constant infinite spawning horde of enemies where killing them all doesn't really matter. The sense of gratification of setting up the perfect Saryn Miasma bomb and killing tons of enemies is completely trashed once the room is once again filled with trash mobs in a matter of seconds and enemies are coming from ALL SIDES.

Playing Warframe is akin to destroying ant nests over and over again. It's not fun after a while.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Hi know I say this allot, but I always support buffing enemies with new mechanics instead of nerfing the player. 

exactly. if the enemies could buff each other to match or at least shorten the power gap, that'd make thing better, without needing to do to much, they could

A) make new enemies that buff others

or B) rework eximus units/add new ones that buff enemies traumatically

personally i'd like to see B, eximus units are in need of heavy reworking.

I would like the chance to fight New Loka at the exact same time as Stalker, Grustag, Zenuka, Wolf, and the Zeloids. Especially if they could show up while soloing, defense wave 50 plus, bring on the challenge. We need more assassins, stronger assassins, give the assassins the Steve Austin(no not the wrestler) treatment.😁

5 hours ago, Nichivo said:

I would like the chance to fight New Loka at the exact same time as Stalker, Grustag, Zenuka, Wolf, and the Zeloids. Especially if they could show up while soloing, defense wave 50 plus, bring on the challenge. We need more assassins, stronger assassins, give the assassins the Steve Austin(no not the wrestler) treatment.😁

That's fine for approximately 1.5% of the playerbase. The rest will QQ to the moon.

6 hours ago, Nichivo said:

That's a waste of time, not a challenge. 

• Like 1