Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnOldAlias

What is one unique Playable Warframe idea/concept you believe isn't talked about enough?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

What?

Well, you said an underwater open world isn't talked about enough.

I'm working on it, give me some time, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HugintheCrow said:

Well, you said an underwater open world isn't talked about enough.

I'm working on it, give me some time, lol.

Are you a developer or something for DE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Are you a developer or something for DE?

Obviously not, lol.

This thread is about concepts, you know. I'm the maker of perhaps the biggest one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

Obviously not, lol.

This thread is about concepts, you know. I'm the maker of perhaps the biggest one.

Oh cool, I don’t socialize much on the forum so I don’t know who people are here. 

It was just an idea that seemed cool for what Warframe could offer. I didn’t know about your post from a year ago. 

I don’t know how it would be obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Oh cool, I don’t socialize much on the forum so I don’t know who people are here. 

It was just an idea that seemed cool for what Warframe could offer. I didn’t know about your post from a year ago. 

I don’t know how it would be obvious. 

My first response was meant to be a joke. Perhaps too much on the inside-joke part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

My first response was meant to be a joke. Perhaps too much on the inside-joke part.

It came off entitled. It’s the internet though, I’ve learned not to judge off first impressions with internet reactions over text. You never know who you’re taking to.

Have a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

All frames have that one signature move that sets them apart and better for a purpose, and some also that one signature move that is so useless most people forget it exists. 

To counter my OP ability frame let's then take the opposite,

I want Mesas 1, Atlas 2, Limbo 3,and Zephyr's 4.

if I cannot use it then we can just define generic abilities like there are arcane effects, no need to take em from existing ones. 

Lets not forget a lot of the abilities depend on each other to work. 

No point in baruuks 4 or Equinox 1 as it is dependent on the rest of the frames abilities. 

Finding a suitable combination for balance is indeed hard, and you washing your hands of it just shows you haven't really thought much about it. 

 

I dont have to think too much of it. Only the concept which is a modular frame. DE is the one thats paid to think every nook and cranny about each frames into their game. This my friend is a forum thread. Its not an actual frame concept meeting among DE game designers. Just for fun theorizing stuff that'll never happen. Shouldn't be too hard to get the idea behind that and be nitpicking like work.  

What i have in mind is basically abilities 1 to 3 is based of what chassis, systems, neuro is used with the 4th part being his Blueprint. His 4 is a skill thats uniquely his. Devs can choose which skills that are available from each part. For example Baruuk lull is the only ability he can have from Baruuks skill set but with a penalty of either range or duration so he doesn't undermine Baruuk itself or skills that are reliant on baruuks mechanics like his 1. Abilities with 90% damage reduction maybe will only have 75% compared to the original. Molt from saryn, loki switch teleport or his invisibility skill capped on its duration to 15 secs.   

Hard to find balance obviously but it'll be a personalized frame much like kitguns and zaws. You have 40+ frames i think to choose from. Pretty sure thats alot of customizing options. 

Its a concept mate. I'm not bothered to think about how it'll work in game with every single frame without being paid for it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

I dont have to think too much of it. Only the concept which is a modular frame. DE is the one thats paid to think every nook and cranny about each frames into their game. This my friend is a forum thread. Its not an actual frame concept meeting among DE game designers. Just for fun theorizing stuff that'll never happen. Shouldn't be too hard to get the idea behind that and be nitpicking like work.  

What i have in mind is basically abilities 1 to 3 is based of what chassis, systems, neuro is used with the 4th part being his Blueprint. His 4 is a skill thats uniquely his. Devs can choose which skills that are available from each part. For example Baruuk lull is the only ability he can have from Baruuks skill set but with a penalty of either range or duration so he doesn't undermine Baruuk itself or skills that are reliant on baruuks mechanics like his 1. Abilities with 90% damage reduction maybe will only have 75% compared to the original. Molt from saryn, loki switch teleport or his invisibility skill capped on its duration to 15 secs.   

Hard to find balance obviously but it'll be a personalized frame much like kitguns and zaws. You have 40+ frames i think to choose from. Pretty sure thats alot of customizing options. 

Its a concept mate. I'm not bothered to think about how it'll work in game with every single frame without being paid for it.

 

Which is fine, but I already mentioned the flaws in the concept, 

No matter how much you reduce the effectiveness of individual abilities they are still superior to most others. 

And the ones that are already inferior will never be used.

And then you added "they will decide balance", they haven't been able to balance out the frames they already have, I doubt they can manage a Frankenstein. 

You are free to make your opinions on a concept be know, just as I am free to find the holes in it. 

No direct insult intended. As much fun as a frame that eats and absorbs the abilities of other frames sounds (ghoulish and interesting concept) the actual mechanics and balancing of abilities will make it unlikely to be implemented. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CephalonBot said:

Augmenting operators physically instead of just their void energy through the Helminth Infirmary chair. Basically as a counterpart to Focus trees with more of a gritty physical aesthetic. The above post on Operator melee could tie into this potentially.

The Duviri Paradox.  Hogwart’s Castle (Lua/Orbiter) and your Wand/School of Magic (Void Powers/Focus Schools) are likely gonzo and replaced with a shotgun, the dirt beneath your boots, your wits, your fists, and a fistful of Dollars.

Even the above storyboarding in the 2 links gives it away in the two images on horseback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Which is fine, but I already mentioned the flaws in the concept, 

No matter how much you reduce the effectiveness of individual abilities they are still superior to most others. 

And the ones that are already inferior will never be used.

And then you added "they will decide balance", they haven't been able to balance out the frames they already have, I doubt they can manage a Frankenstein. 

You are free to make your opinions on a concept be know, just as I am free to find the holes in it. 

No direct insult intended. As much fun as a frame that eats and absorbs the abilities of other frames sounds (ghoulish and interesting concept) the actual mechanics and balancing of abilities will make it unlikely to be implemented. 

 

You seem to have problems comprehending what i meant when i say its not my job to "fill the holes". Concept mate. None insults found. Just that your pessimist views is common in brainstorming but were not in that phase.

Were in the "isn't this idea cool", "list your unique playable concepts" phase and you seem to try too hard trying to push down general ideas in a fun theory crafting thread like theres a deadline and things need to be ironed out. You do you man. And before you say "but its not playable because its hard to balance", its workable.

Flaws are meant to be ironed out in the designing phase. Want me to play dev with you and talk like i'm pitching my idea for a paycheck? Why? You're just a random person in a forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

You're just a random person in a forum. 

Right back at you 😄

Also I would consider it less as pessimistic and more a devils advocate view.

I already suggested that instead of stealing other frames abilities there would be an option to create multiple generic abilities that can be implemented. 

Lets see if I can come up with an example, 

Void manipulator a frame that is the void given form its energy can be transformed but never destroyed. 

Generic 1 needs to be something that is extrinsic, ie affects things outside the frame. 

Throws condensed void energy that can take the form of any of the amps (need to feed it the respective amp to work) . Damage type is affected by energy colours.

Generic 2 : this needs to be intrinsic, ie affects the frames own actions (can extend to allies depending on effects) 

Needs to be fed rare resources and depending on the type of resource it will have one of 4 abilities. 

Argon / Nitain/hexanon : air form become invisible. 

Rare gems : Earth form increase armor / DR 

Cryotic /rare fish parts  : water form increase fire rate / speed

Orokin cell/ toroid : fire form increased damage. 

Generic 3 : this needs to be extrensic and effect enemies or allies.

Needs to be fed Endo and elemental mods. 

Toxin : creates a toxic aura around the frame draining some health over time from enemies and frame (not allies) but giving life steal to all weapons (even allies) . 

Electric : on cast has a cloud enveloping or above the frame, shocks enemies that approach, recast to send the cloud in a direction, enemies killed while under influence of the cloud have chance to drop energy/ provide overshields. 

Fire : casting will erupt a tower of fire under the enemies in sight, enemies passing though will take fire damage, allies will get buff that will make enemies drop health orbs on death. 

Cold : creates an aura that slows enemies (duh) , enemies killed within its influence drops ice shards that damage other enemies with cold or adds flat armor bonus to allies. 

The fourth can be a unique void storm ability, which does random elemental damage to enemies around a vortex. 

 

I realised I may have just made a chroma rework concept 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Melee 3.0
  • warframes lack of enjoyable difficulty
  • sentient arm cannons
  • why the focus system is such a ball buster
  • Dravo being better than lotus, everyone knows, but no one talks about it
  • killing ordis and nora
  • more customization for UI, let me turn off focus pop ups
  • modable deployables (like your own Ramparts)
  • Spoiler

    now that it is common knowledge that lotus is evil, what was she really doing with all those kubrows? did they all get neutered sentient style like ballas?

     

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-09 at 6:11 AM, Lazarow said:

Epehemeras ment to be achievements but instead locked behind rng as bait for fashion framers. We didnt get an explanation for why they did that, and they did say they will make them feel as achievements when they really dont

Right, I have most of them, even the smoke one from stalker. Purely RNG as I wasn't even farming for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

xGtb7b4.jpg

DE please!

This is just garuda+valkyr to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about warframe with magical damage? magical weapon?

Warframe with two head and four hand?

Farming,racing ship or racing kubrow mode?

New map New Species in another galaxy?

Operator and survival horror mode with out warframe and weapon? (running from stalker,infested or syndicate)

 

Sorry for my bad english.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a play pen for puppy kubrows/kitten kavats

i would spend a LOT of plat so i could have a room that lets me run around with multiple puppy kubrows or simply on my ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id like the following themed frames.

Spider Frame or Scorpion Frame

Id also like to be able to have more destductable environments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...