Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for Deception 2.0

Miser_able

So, since DE seems to moving away from the older "get in 'n get out" style missions (with the removal of "raid" missions waaaaay back in the day and the more recent removal of deception missions) I've thought, that these missions should get a nice rework like Sabotages did with Sabotage 2.0, and so without further ado I bring you DECEPTION 2.0.

Imagine this, a Grineer stronghold; a commander surveying his troops, when a shot rings out. The Commander dies immediately, panic ensues as the rank and file search all around for the perpetrator. And what do they find? Not a Tenno. They find Corpus boot tracks, spent Corpus ammunition casings, and dead Grineer scouts bearing Corpus laser burns. This leads the Grineer to a logical conclusion, a corpus assassin killed their commander, and so they do what the Grineer normally do, they retaliate. A Grineer battalion invades the nearest Corpus occupied space seeking vengeance, the Corpus defend themselves against the unwarranted attack, and the Tenno, they reap the spoils as mercenaries for the newly formed Invasion.

Essentially, Deception 2.0 missions would involve planting evidence to mislead a faction and trick them into attacking the other, as a way for players to cause invasion missions on a planet (or nearby planet). All your actions in the mission would contribute to a "false evidence" meter, which when it hits 100% you can head to extraction. Things like slaying enemies with specific weapons, using a modified version of the echo lure to mimic enemy sounds (like moa chirps), destroying or stealing items that would be valuable to the opposite faction, will all contribute varying amounts to the bar. And, for every Deception 2.0 mission completed by the community on a planet, a bar on the Navigation screen similar to the fomorion/razorback bar will build up, when it maxes out an invasion will begin, giving players a way to trigger (or atleast influence) when and where invasions are likely to occur, and who they will involve.

I won't get into specifics such as rewards or balancing, since I am terrible at that, instead I'd leave that up to you (whomever you are). Sorry if it's a long wordy mess, and thank you for reading.

Edited by Miser_able
  • Like 3

Obviously it would have to be between Corpus and Grineer and on nodes that are normally controlled by them. Those two factions don't seem to really invade Infested areas, and the Infested don't really seem like the kind of faction to be enticed to invade, and will just do it whenever they want to.

4 hours ago, xZeromusx said:

Obviously it would have to be between Corpus and Grineer and on nodes that are normally controlled by them. Those two factions don't seem to really invade Infested areas, and the Infested don't really seem like the kind of faction to be enticed to invade, and will just do it whenever they want to.

Yea. I couldn't figure out a way to make it work for infested, short of having us release infested spores at an enemy facility to infect it. But I scrapped that idea cause it doesn't sound like us or a good idea.

Edited by Miser_able

2 hours ago, Vakoda said:

Not gonna lie this could be the new stealth mission next to spy. I'm down to see this some day.

Yea, I did intend for this to be on the stealthier side since we have a distinct lack of actual stealth missions... 

However, it would still be possible to complete without stealth, simply by killing anyone who sees you before they can report it, perhaps with each alarm set causing a drop in progress gained per action. So ideally you'd want to be stealthy as it would make things quicker and easier, but for our more lead-footed friends it wouldn't be required

Edited by Miser_able