Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Archgun to go for?

Admiral_N0nsense

Question

17 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, Admiral_N0nsense said:

best archgun in general

It might not have the #1 top DPS, but Fluctus' Punch Through (also yay Slash proc pwnage potential)
makes it quite entertaining / useful on the less open and more corridor-y tilesets.
[Plus it's also my go-to actual Archwing weapon, so investing in it paid off doubly, heh.]

Melting everything in front of you with a Larkspur has its own charm, but I find it's less unique / too similar to e.g. Amprex
(the Secondary Fire helps set it apart, but not being able to hold your charge + self-damage = oof).

Edited by NinjaZeku

I tried different Archguns against Profit Taker (Imperator Vandal, Phaedra, Cyngas, and Velocitus), and Velocitus has been my go to Archgun after having the Riven i got in it. Imperator Vandal used to be my go to Archgun because of how well it can perform with and without a Riven but Velocitus, with a Riven, have Damage Imperator Vandal can only dream of. Without Damage Buffs, it takes 2 Hits to take out of her Limbs and Body but with a Damage Buff, one shot. I've seen Vids of _Behemot one shotting Profit Taker with the Corvas so i might try that one too.

Edited by GPrime96

Corvas for Profit, 40% crit chance, 2.6x crit dmg, base dmg from 440 to 880 depending on charge, charging a little is good, but I don't like to charge it all because of recoil, if playing chroma at profit, I don't really need to charge at all though. A plus is that you don't need to care to find and kill a tera marker too for Arch-gun Ammo. Unless you use more than one shot per leg, but sometimes bugs out and the timer for summon an arch-gun go all the way up to 6+ mins for some reason some times (even with ammo chain on the build).

Using Ammo chain on the build reduce the spawn time of arch-gun btw, since the spawn time for arch-gun is based on % ammo it has it seems.

For other non-space missions, I like fluctus because of its 275m punch through.

By "In general" I assume you mean to use outside killing a giant spider 300 times over.

I have a few comparison videos since I was bored and upgraded most of them. You can kinda decide off that if you want and feel free to ask any questions about each or the builds used as most of them are different than what you'd use against Profit Taker.

I don't have one for the most recent Larkspur but it works pretty well against Armor being elemental based. It's flat damage output isn't anything special but it chains. It has the alt-fire but it's hard to mod for both at the same time so stick to one or the other without a Riven. For the most part I think DE just purposely made that gun better than everything else or at least more versatile.

Phaedra: Butchers Armored enemies pretty well. Decent DPS. Single Target + Punch-Through

Spoiler

Cygnas: Performs equally well against Armor as Phaedra. More flat DPS. Single Target + Punch-Through but Burst-fire.

Spoiler

Fluctis: It was my go to for Archwing missions and it's still a good street sweeper weapon on foot but it sucks bad against armor. Why I don't have a video.
Grattler: Essentially unusable on foot last I checked due to it's innate punch-through causing the AoE to miss. The weapon is also very easy to kill yourself with.
Imp Vandal: High end raw DPS. Mediocre performance against Armor.

The three I never bothered to mod were Velocitus, Corvas and Dual Decurion though Decurion was like half done it's mostly just a bad Imp Vandal.
Personally I would suggest Larkspur, Phaedra and Imp Vandal depending on what you're shooting unless you don't mind Burst-fire weapons.

• Like 1

Larskpur is a decent fit for ground missions, if you have that on aim crit mod you can also kinda mod for both firemodes separately. 

It does shine with the explosive mode more since it deals a #*!%ton of AoE dmg, but on armoured enemies it kinda sucks. You need to hose them with the beam mode first. 

Do bear in mind there are a few things that do NOT work with archguns on the ground for whatever reason, the two biggest being:

- they don't proc growing power 

- they don't benefit from adarza/smeeta crit buffs

And i think there's more, but i haven't tested as extensively. 

Another vote for imperator vandal here too.

Covers anything I need/use it for. Gives me the satisfaction of essentially using a minigun to mow down hallways of enemies.

Then again; I don’t actively go out of my way to get archguns, so my experience is limited.

I am wrong, (when contrasted to this thread) when I offer that the Grattler does a nice job. (On foot)  Mirage with "Hall of Malevolence" equipped with a "light" driven "Eclipse" going has AOE, so self-damage is a near one-shot, so be wary. That said it is pure joy to see the Grattler doing it's thing. Endorphins be draining into me eye sockets.

Edited by (PS4)PanserKunst
typo

19 hours ago, Admiral_N0nsense said:

Basically exactly what the title says, I'm currently using the imperator vandal, heard that's really good for profit taker, but I'm looking for the best archgun in general.

If you only use archgun in atmosphere for large bosses like profit taker or the mining machine in Earth, use Corvas.

The two best guns for normal archwing missions are fluctus and larkspur.  Either will absolutely destroy waves of enemies.  Fluctus has better range.  Larkspur makes you move around but is a homing laser.  

Larkspur blows on the ground, it gets its ammo severely limited.  Havent put a grav mag on fluctus yet.  But I wouldnt use either to fight PT.  

My imp vandal does 11k hits and if I have any melee combo built up 22k hits.