The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delete conservation from nigthwave

Valgaarv

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

kind of pointless when you need DIFFERENT animals to pass the nightwave mission, taking one lure kind of defeats the point.

Well Lures are stored on their own separate wheel like all conservation gear, and using lure of specific spices highlights only conservation points of specific spices, so you can avoid getting the same spices if you use different lure

12 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

kind of pointless when you need DIFFERENT animals to pass the nightwave mission, taking one lure kind of defeats the point.

After you made Conservation, you equip different Lure.

Edit: Outside on OV, not to Gear but from Gear.

Edited by (PS4)Onder6099

8 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

Well Lures are stored on their own separate wheel like all conservation gear, and using lure of specific spices highlights only conservation points of specific spices, so you can avoid getting the same spices if you use different lure

Actually that doesn't happen with mine... unless you mean running just one singular item in the gear wheel which is even more time consuming seeing as you need to go back and forth into the map on each new lure. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

After you made Conservation, you equip different Lure.

See above.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Actually that doesn't happen with mine... unless you mean running just one singular item in the gear wheel which is even more time consuming seeing as you need to go back and forth into the map on each new lure. 

See above.

Not sure if you understand how the conservation works but you need only one conservation item in your gear wheel to have access to all of them ( i personally use tranq rifle) when you equip this item then you can change lures you got under your 2 in conservation equipment freely, just need to hold 2 till wheel with all you got pops up, taping 2 just equips one you have selected

On 2019-10-09 at 11:28 AM, Valgaarv said:

In my opinion conservation is by far the most boring, tedious and useless filler activity on warframe, and begin to be forced to do it in order to progress nigthwave is awfull. Please delete it.

In my opinion NW must be deleted and return to old alerts. The game was more dinamic!

There is nothing wrong with the concept of a conservation Nightwave challenge... where it falls flat on its face is when they append the "different" prefix to it. 

The apparent goal being to prevent people from running two pobber captures to get their six captures. The ultimate problem being that all that accomplishes is to turn the whole thing into an overcomplicated mess. 

Same with every other nightwave challenge that is afflicted with the "different" clause. 

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

No...its not easy. Its very burocratic thing. Use this, and this, and this....awfull

There is always a way to optimize content to make it as easy as possible. People suggest these things because they provide the path of least resistance but a lot of frames can give you benefits that will make perfect captures easier.

Frames with sleep effects
Eqinox
Ivara
Baruuk

Frames with invisibility

Ivara
Ash
Loki
Octavia

Frames with blind effects
Excalibur
Mirage

Or you can just trigger the spawn and hop into your archwing and tag them from above their sight range, bonus points if you use the Iztal's invisibility.

Or just do it the old fashioned way with any frame by getting far enough away to not get spotted and then tag them.

Also, I am guessing English is your second language but bureaucratic is not the correct word to use here. You are probably looking for restrictive,tedious, and/or complex.

1 hour ago, AVSManfred said:

Not sure if you understand how the conservation works but you need only one conservation item in your gear wheel to have access to all of them ( i personally use tranq rifle) when you equip this item then you can change lures you got under your 2 in conservation equipment freely, just need to hold 2 till wheel with all you got pops up, taping 2 just equips one you have selected

And that is exactly how I find targets, with the tranq, then waypoint and off I go in archwing... the number of targets on the map does not change no matter which lure I have selected.

Just now, LSG501 said:

And that is exactly how I find targets, with the tranq, then waypoint and off I go in archwing... the number of targets on the map does not change no matter which lure I have selected.

Number don't change, but simply which spices you gonna get from the points you have highlighted, it was only in very earliest days of conservation when it was bit of random which spices you gonna get form nest and could use for e.g. Vermink lure for Pobbers, now these allow for finding spots for different spices correctly (if you really want to see what I'm going at here, just try to compare points when you have one lure equipped and then after you change it to another lure without changing your position in meantime)

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Exactly, holding the Tranq will show all locations.  If you are holding (as in, your frame has it in their hands) a particular echo-lure the map will only show spots for that creature.  Unless that was mistakenly changed in the last hotfix, that has always been the case.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

40 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

There is always a way to optimize content to make it as easy as possible. People suggest these things because they provide the path of least resistance but a lot of frames can give you benefits that will make perfect captures easier.

Frames with sleep effects
Eqinox
Ivara
Baruuk

Frames with invisibility

Ivara
Ash
Loki
Octavia

Frames with blind effects
Excalibur
Mirage

Or you can just trigger the spawn and hop into your archwing and tag them from above their sight range, bonus points if you use the Iztal's invisibility.

Or just do it the old fashioned way with any frame by getting far enough away to not get spotted and then tag them.

Also, I am guessing English is your second language but bureaucratic is not the correct word to use here. You are probably looking for restrictive,tedious, and/or complex.

I know dude...now i can hunt. But needs to do alot steps...so...its sux! conservation its very artificial...not fun.

Edited by Luciole77

1 hour ago, Luciole77 said:

Are you mad  dude?

Why would I be mad? I know how to do perfect captures without having to use invisibility frames or anything special other than a lure and a tranq rifle. I also know what bureaucratic means and don't try to use big words to make weak arguments, nor do I ask people if they're mad because of weak arguments. Maybe if people took the five minutes to learn a mechanic, instead of coming on the forums to complain and think if they whine hard enough that DE will just remove it from the game threads like this wouldn't be an issue.

If you or the OP need someone to show you how to do this, I'm more than willing. But considering you guys are are rank 26/27 I don't see how a simple mechanic like this could be such a hindrance. 

Edited by TheGuyver

1 hour ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Exactly, holding the Tranq will show all locations.  If you are holding (as in, your frame has it in their hands) a particular echo-lure the map will only show spots for that creature.  Unless that was mistakenly changed in the last hotfix, that has always been the case.

can't say it's ever done it for me

On 2019-10-09 at 9:28 AM, Valgaarv said:

In my opinion conservation is by far the most boring, tedious and useless filler activity on warframe, and begin to be forced to do it in order to progress nigthwave is awfull. Please delete it.

take a high range equinox
use animal lure
use scaner to see where animal is
put animal to sleep with her night 2
pick up animal
you get perfect capture

not very hard as very easy

On 2019-10-09 at 10:37 AM, Loza03 said:

We have three separate catch-up mechanics this season. Missed challenges, random Zealot spawns and the Derelicts.

You aren't forced to do anything.

I won’t ever invest time in conservation, but the above is ABSOLUTELY true.  They literally gave us a persistent farm mechanic to catch up over many weeks that doubled as the farm mechanic for the weapon.

If you added up all the ways to earn points to get to level 30, I’m betting it’s triple what it was in Season 1.

On 2019-10-09 at 8:28 AM, Valgaarv said:

stop forcing yourself to do it then. problem solved.

Conservation you can just go out and do easily.  It is easily the most convenient challenge because you can do it regardless of time assuming you leveled up your vox solaris standing as you should because it's content.  When it says capture/kill a hydrolyst, you can't just go out there and do it because it could be daytime in the plains.  I don't hear people complaining about that challenge.  

What Rebecca said though.  You aren't obligated to do 100% of NW challenges to reach level 30.  People have hit level 60/basically fit 2 seasons into half the time.  If you procrastinated until the very last week of nightwave to grind from rank 0 to 30 I don't know what to tell you other then don't do it.  If you do the weeklies on sunday night when they come out and finish like 65% of them or so you reach 30 and most of the time it takes a couple of hours of time at most because most nightwave challenges are in fact easy.  

• Like 1