Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rocket Launcher

SECURATYYY

latest?cb=20170719175510We have many toys, but not the simple rocket launcher. Yes there is the ogris, but its underwhelming to say the least. The fact that its a rocket launcher and that no one uses it kind of speaks for itself. Zarr, Tonkor...

Something similar to the Halo rocket launcher would be perfect. 2 in the clip, 8 max ammo. Big AOE, big explosion, self damage included. It needs to hit like a truck. A tried and true boomstick.

It would be hard to say its op if you take into consideration all the other gems we have. Lens, staticor, catchmoon, arca plasmor, etc.

I feel like it has been overlooked as its simple, but how do we not have this already? Is it because it would require an 'over the shoulder' animation? (It would take a lot of work to get the animation smooth with all the frames... clipping, etc)

• Like 2

Indeed. I'd label the Ogris a Rocklet launcher than a full blown rocket launcher. What would be even cooler is if it was a Archwing deployable weapon like a massive underslung/overshoulder rocket launcher that'd have different firing modes like: direct fire, heat seeking, laser guided, and scatter barrage. That way it'd still be a heavy weapons rocket launcher while still giving you access to a good primary weapon/ overkilling with an Ogris.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

Indeed. I'd label the Ogris a Rocklet launcher than a full blown rocket launcher. What would be even cooler is if it was a Archwing deployable weapon like a massive underslung/overshoulder rocket launcher that'd have different firing modes like: direct fire, heat seeking, laser guided, and scatter barrage. That way it'd still be a heavy weapons rocket launcher while still giving you access to a good primary weapon/ overkilling with an Ogris.

OP archwing weapon with limited ammo would be fantastic. Plus it would use the archwing weapon animations so no need for the 'over the shoulder' animation problem.

5 hours ago, AugmentedJustice said:

i don't want anymore explosive weapons as long as the absolute STUPID, self dmg system, continues to exist.....it just ruins them. but with that being said, if other people want a rocket launcher, then give it to em.

I feel you... kind of. I hate blowing myself up too, but with a rocket launcher that comes with the territory.

I mean, telling your team mates to 'watch this', and then firing one at the ground is always a good laugh.(well for me at least)

On 2019-10-09 at 3:51 PM, SECURATYYY said:

Yes there is the ogris, but its underwhelming to say the least. The fact that its a rocket launcher and that no one uses it kind of speaks for itself.

Orgis is a rocket launcher, but no one uses it because every other weapon can kill faster. And in a game where you are always outnumbered, being many times surrounded and flanked by troops (Grineer, Corpus or Orokin), you want to kill units quickly and effectively, not shooting rockets and risk not hitting them... Because, unlike what happens at the hands of the Grineer, Ogris rockets won't home in on targets...

... I actually would prefer Orgis to behave the same as it does for us, when used by Grineer Bombards... An unguided, fast rocket... because its a ROCKET.

23 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Orgis is a rocket launcher, but no one uses it because every other weapon can kill faster. And in a game where you are always outnumbered, being many times surrounded and flanked by troops (Grineer, Corpus or Orokin), you want to kill units quickly and effectively, not shooting rockets and risk not hitting them... Because, unlike what happens at the hands of the Grineer, Ogris rockets won't home in on targets...

... I actually would prefer Orgis to behave the same as it does for us, when used by Grineer Bombards... An unguided, fast rocket... because its a ROCKET.

Agree with the whole kill faster thing. To me it is very backwards. A rocket launcher should be able to take out a lot of enemies, very quickly. Hell the Acceltra is a better Ogris.

A rocket launcher should have a huge yield. Make it super dangerous to use up close, but make the explosion big enough to be effective, and make the damage high enough to compensate the reload/ammo economy.

Hell, why not just adding a Unreal Tournemant like Redeemer rocket launcher to Warframe? Cant hurt having a remote controlled mini nuke rocket launcher right? Surely wont be abused 😉

No but seriously now, would have been nice seeing some simple weapons with a lot of firepower and blast radius as well. Didnt liked that trigger system of the Ogris with holding then releasing, but it could be it was released as some kind of "safety" mechanism to prevent pressing the trigger accidentally blowing up yourself everytime.

Since we got open world, why not having some kind of Rocket Artillerie/mortar like turret emplacement that can be controlled by tennos as well? (grineer or corpus origin and they of course usually control it but it needs to be manned)

Or just some kind of super heavy weapon that sometimes is in some special game modes available and lays on the ground to be picked up and used and has the effect of a redeemer in UT and just cleans out an entire room full of enemies (and yourself if you dont want it and leave the room fast) with rediculess damage that just kills nearly everything no matter what it is.

The alternate thing i could also be just a simple rocket launcher with direct trigger semi fire and very fast flying rockets with high damage and some good blast radius (not to huge but still good) and expect for the typical blast damage elemental type maybe have some already integrated other damage types (maybe electrical if its a corpus rocket launcher, heat for grineer rocket launchers)

In the end, i dont think any of this what we write here will see the day of light in warframe.