[DE]Megan

Atlas Prime: Hotfix 25.8.1 + 25.8.1.1

All the best wished for the upcoming rework and future contents DE. A lot lot more are waiting to be done. Good luck.

Yo guys,

There is be a problem with the Archgun screen after this update, its not displaying weapon stats and isn't displaying anything on the forma/affinity/mod polarity swap screen either. 

On 2019-10-09 at 11:30 AM, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix!

Any chance Gara, Vaporize, Khora, and any other similar abilities that scale off weapon mods could have external modding in the arsenal to separate the interaction with weapon mods? We got this for Exalted weapons, and the acceptance of "stat sticks" with high disposition Riven Mods on weapons in order to make abilities optimal limits loadout options. The freedom to take any weapon with Excalibur, Mesa, Titania, etc feels awesome, but having to choose Jaw Sword/Mire with a Riven to have an optimal Gara/Khora build (or a Burst Laser Riven for Vaporize) is unhealthy for Warframe as time goes on. 

But wouldn't make it so you have less damage mods you can use like rivens and weapon augments?

ok... why do those zelots spawn EVERY MISSION?! i read on the wiki it was a 25% chance to spawn in your mission... but when im playing a non healer frame and am leveling gear... I GET A GANK SQUAD from these guys! And with my leveling gear im no match, having to painstakingly take them out with my operator and after having to respawn - losing a bunch of leveling affinity -  not once, twice, nor three times do they go away. If you wanted to make WF into Dark Souls for leveling purposes... then you did it because this is out rageous that EVERY mission i get ganked.

• Haha 2

RIP Kuva Disruption fixes. 
If nothing else, could have doubled or even tripled the amount earned, considering the bugfest of a mission 😐 
Ah well, back to Destiny 2 ( which is stupidly boring after only 4 days playtime, but it beats the insulting kuva grind)

• Woah 2

2 hours ago, TsersingArron said:

ok... why do those zelots spawn EVERY MISSION?! i read on the wiki it was a 25% chance to spawn in your mission... but when im playing a non healer frame and am leveling gear... I GET A GANK SQUAD from these guys! And with my leveling gear im no match, having to painstakingly take them out with my operator and after having to respawn - losing a bunch of leveling affinity -  not once, twice, nor three times do they go away. If you wanted to make WF into Dark Souls for leveling purposes... then you did it because this is out rageous that EVERY mission i get ganked.

I feel your frustrations, I can't get anymore Nightwave creds being at prestige level 30 (been there awhile now) but the three stooges still keep spawning in my solo gameplay, don't ever ignore them they split up and end up that far apart you have no way in hell to kill them in time to make them go away been there tried that. lol.

• Like 2

DE...I'm disappointed.  Again.

First off, you reintroduce an invasion.  Something that has literally been going on for years, and only now get to understanding the drop rate bugs.  I don't understand why you're so focused on the loot game, but I need you to know that fact isn't lost on the player base.  It's almost like those new players are meant to be penalized with no concern as to the experienced ones sitting on thousands of cells and the only outlet being a 24 hour wait for formas.

Then there's ESO and SO.  SO is functionally a mess that people use to upgrade frames below level 30, because it's the easiest way to get enemy numbers.  It's also a slow enough level ramp that by round 8 everything is still reasonable such that an insta-kill is rare for anyone paying mild attention.  Yeah, the 20 minutes for a chance to get one of two necessary components for Khora at a combined under 23% sucks, but it's a stretching technique.  ESO is where this breaks down.  A random group going all the way to eight rounds is about a 1 in 7 chance.  If you get corrupted or grineer the enemies spawn with guns pointed at you, and in the later two round (7 and 8, but 5 and 6 to a lesser extent) you can literally go from a full health (1000+), armored and fully shielded (300+) to dead in the span of a single unblockable stun from any enemy. 

Worse than that, I'm now confident the drop tables are a lie.  I've run two eight round ESO mission a day, on average, for the last two months.  2*60=120.  In the last 8 I've received only endo and Neo A5 relics.  That's 2 endo and 6 Neo.  The drop table says that's a combined chance of 30.36%.  So, 30.36^8 = 0.00722% of the event happening or one in 13,854.  That's giving you both of the endo and relic drop chances.  If you run that exact drop likelihood it's actually 0.00003% or one in 3,546,712.  This is two Lato Vandal BPs, a full Braton Vandal, a single blazing step and a single peculiar bloom in at 100+ runs.  The whole 20+ minutes of pain for a single 1% drop chance of MR bearing items is stupid insulting.

What about the content?  Atlas is a joke, and that's meant literally.  If you released a year ago the One Punch meme would have been great.  Tekko is DOA.  Sparring weapons in a horde looter-shooter are...a fundamental misunderstanding of the mechanics unless they're brokenly over powered to compensate for not having the ability to kill hordes.  Dethcube is...I love the little guy, but the only way it matters is in low levels.  The rifle just can't do anything but draw aggro, and if the Vaporize doesn't outright kill things then you've got too long to wait before it can do anything else.  Under level 30 content for a Prime pack is...Zephyr prime levels of disappointment.  I say this looking at my profile, which years in still reads 27.8% usage on Zephyr (not prime), 16.4% on the Boltor Prime, and 24.1% usage for Carrier (again, not the prime).  I love Zephyr, and still acknowledge she and Atlas were both utterly disappointing primes.

What's still bugging the game?  Falling through the levels (check).  Missing textures (check, primarily on complex rock faces).  The random architecture loading artifacts into other rooms which are black polygons and prevent entering rooms (mostly in the void, check).  Ayatan starts falling behind containers and into areas which cannot be accessed, making them unable to be picked up (check).  Companion AI screwing up any chances of stealth and suicidally charging enemies (check).  Random loading issues resetting progression, and breaking level sequences, like loading in and there being no data mass for a mobile defense (check).  All of this being things I've seen in the last two weeks, because if I go back farther the list extends back around the block and includes fresh new bugs that are "fixed" two or three times in patches before I stop seeing them.

With all of that frustration, let's end on the positive.  What's better.  The Riven changes seem to be settling.  I can't tell if this is a new meta, or just happiness that anything making extended runs possible that isn't Inaros and a dagger being dependent upon good group composition for cheese.  The Nightwave is coming to an end.  I have mixed feelings about the content and RNG there, but it is better than the first mess of an implementation barring the caveats.  Shaders and colors are also finally back to what they were before you messed with them.  Namely Prisma skins look good again, instead of like plastic.  I'm trying here, but every good thing seems to come with the seeds of bad.

I want you to do better DE.  Not better than nothing, just better.  The huge checks your mouths keep writing are rapidly amounting to enough content that most other AAA releases don't match.  Highlighting the stuff off the top of my head;

Melee 3.0; nearly 2 years in the making with no real strides yet and a time frame pushed back nearly every time it is discussed.

Pets 2.0; rapidly approaching a year with literally no changes.  Still wasting credits on DNA stabilizer, that are more chore than mechanic.

Fortuna.  Still not finished a year later.  If you don't understand this then explain why it took months to an orb mother, more months for a second, and we've still no information on the third.

Mission replay; some can be, some cannot.  The frustrating decision to slap the BPs behind Cephalon Simaris scan grinding is a problem, but the bigger one is that some enemy types still cannot be scanned if you missed the things during the mission.  This has literally been a concern since the original Mirage release, and years later is not adequately answered.

Conclave; not sure how to call this.  It was introduced as compelling and rewarding PvP.  It's always been promised to be reworked and reviewed...but never gets love.  I don't even know how to call this, so I'm going to say the promise is three years undelivered, allowing for a pad between initial introduction and this as a full game mode.

Archwing; years later.  Initial release was garbage, with game modes disappearing.  Updates were to remove nodes.  Content languished for years.  Open worlds introduced usage with a high cost consumable and enemies able to knock you out of the mode with little to no effort.  Now it's better, but still largely a gimick given that nothing has really been added in years (the Larkspur is one gun...not something substantial) and we're supposed to trust the now extended Railjack will make it all better.  It'll make it better afte rworking on the game mode for more than two years and the sudden understanding that the game mode will require an extended roll-out without anything more than a "coming soon" we'll have new content.  I'm waiting for the announcement of Titania Prime coming with a single prime weapon and two prime archwings to make up for having the same three for years and despite a prime existing Itzal being the one option most people use.

I won't keep going.  Hopefully you get it.  If not, another two year gap will allow for enough content to trickle in.  The 10+ weeks of Nightwave, followed by a capped grind, followed with cheap RNG enemies whose spawns might make it impossible to kill everyone before they resurrect, with only an Umbra forma about 3 times a year is a sign of Stockholm's syndrome rather than a game to keep playing.  Come on DE, let's play chicken.  I've already done the break.  I never played ME3, after playing through 1 and 2 an enormous number of times.  I even started boycotting EA at the Crysis 2 period, and refuse to install Origin or Epic on my PCs because no matter how bad Valve is they're saints compared to that level of slime.  I guess what I'm saying is those clan members with 1600+ days since last login are not a fluke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-10-09 at 5:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Nightwave Emissary Assassinate ‘lantern’ illumination FX drastically changing when going through doorways.
  • Fixed Nightwave Emissary Assassinate ‘lantern’ illumination FX appearing different when on the ground vs being held.

Oh wow. XD I had no idea the light was supposed to be this bright. (I.e. as bright as when he starts healing himself.) To think I did the fight all those many, many times in the (mostly) dark... Hah.

It's kind of disorienting now since I am used to something else. But easier to see the lantern's range. 

*still amused*

On 2019-10-09 at 5:29 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hyena Change (Razorback mission only):
An Orokin Cell farming exploit was brought to our attention by not only players, but also our internal flagging system when such a method is tripped for misuse. In short, players were forcing the Hyena’s to spawn infinitely by entering/exiting rooms knowing that their Orokin Cell drop rate is 100%. As a result of this misuse, the Orokin Cell drop rate for the Hyena’s in the Razorback mission will diminish the more you spawn, to still allow for multiple drop attempts but without giving away the entire cake. Please note that players who are trade banned due to triggering this exploit will be manually unbanned after this Hotfix. 

This has been in the game for ages and with the growing number of primes and higher resource prices new players need ways to farm the resources and not putting 1000 hours into the game to farm a rare resource.

First it was the spawn (and enemy cover usage) - Now in a fast extermination mission the enemies are not spawning even if you kill all and at the end you have to backtrack.
Then you put an afk timer and mission fail timer in the game which is annoying as hell if we have standing still abilities like Mesa and you can miss rewards standing still and shooting.
The melee wall interaction and line of sight abilities (Mag) was introduced.
You took away the sentinel "Spare part" mod only use case when you get downed at least you had a chance get some extra rare material if you revived yourself.
Steel Fiber and other garbage mods drops for spending 15-20+ minutes while you can get multiple copies running a fast extermination mission. - So rewarding time investment and overviewing the whole drops would need a new look.
Like sortie rewards:
20p -- Forma Rare (2.50%) 
20p -- Exilus Adapter Rare (2.50%)
not even 20p -- Orokin Reactor Blueprint Rare (2.50%)
not even 20p -- Orokin Catalyst Blueprint Rare (2.50%)
40p -- Mod Drop Chance Booster Rare (3.27%)
40p -- Affinity Booster Rare (3.27%)
40p -- Resource Drop Chance Booster Rare (3.27%)
The higher value amount in market has better chance what???
Also considering how many Forma does a new player need getting them is harder and harder.
Some of the nightwave can be done in 2-3 mins and you get 4.5k or 7k while others can take up to 30-60 mins (completing 3 sorties or the bounty one is just a pain).
More and more annoying enemies (knockbacks, staggers, invulnarability and billions of armor).
(Not saying everything should be in the game but most of them were in the game for a long time and was taken away)

Honestly there were a couple of good changes as well but what I can see the game is headed in the wrong direction. From the weekly updates/fixes we have 3 month of nothing. You try to limit us in almost every way how can we play the game when we are suppose to be space ninja's.

В 09.10.2019 в 19:29, [DE]Megan сказал:

Fixed the Tusk Thumper Doma (and potentially others) sometimes jumping away and despawning.

REALLY??? ahahahaha

On 2019-10-09 at 11:29 AM, [DE]Megan said:

TennoGen Changes & Fixes:

• Updated the Wisp Damas Helmet textures to better match her body.

the scarf end on the right side from the rear needs to drape like the other side many syandanas don't look right and clipping looks weird.

Edit: and maybe a bit heavier too so they don't flop around as much, the wisp alt helmet seemed the right kind of heavy ..

Edited by WhiteGemini

On 2019-10-09 at 9:29 AM, [DE]Megan said:

An Orokin Cell farming exploit was brought to our attention by not only players, but also our internal flagging system when such a method is tripped for misuse. In short, players were forcing the Hyena’s to spawn infinitely by entering/exiting rooms knowing that their Orokin Cell drop rate is 100%

No offense meant here but I have to play devil's advocate for a moment on this. Why does this matter exactly? While orokin cell farming can be a slog, it's by no means hard and can be done quickly enough in the first place. The farming methods are also pretty reliable and more importantly, farming cells only effects the players participating in that. It otherwise doesn't impact that game for anyone else. So again, why exactly did this matter at all?

• Upvote 1

again game was crashed because ANY PUBLIC missions immediately transferring to SOLO missions, so I can't finish a lot team missions and lost too many good riven mods

On 2019-10-09 at 2:08 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

I think you're right about thinking Axi A6 is missing from rotation B. I also think this issue will be addressed soon. Just a hunch.

Soon is a very subjective term. Given that this is potentially the last patch before the mainline with Grendel, would it be safe to assume minimum time a week? If this is the case, you guys are leaving prime farming excruciatingly difficult for A6 relics. I've seen some stat primers that people wrote on reddit, breaking down and analyzing just how long you have to spend to get a particular relic (on average). Over an hour to get 1 relic for a 10-40% chance to get an item seems a bit ridiculous.

Relics were introduced with the pretense of reduced grind. What you have now are 2 knobs that you can adjust to hyper inflate the grind. Both getting the relic to drop, and getting the part to drop.This is a bug that should've been fixed the day of prime access. Not left 2 weeks to punish those of us that attempt to obtain the prime by non-monetary means.

This feels like a "oh we made a mistake... but it might sell more prime access, so lets just leave it and tell them we'll fix it soon." Just a hunch.

Pretty bad. Kind of status quo though, so I guess im just barking at the wind. I find myself often having issues with whoever is in charge of drop tables and loot acquisition tuning. I think that the person in charge of setting these numbers should grind for the item with the percentages they propose *coughBlazingStepEphemeracough*, that they may understand what they are asking of the player.

Rant over.

Edited by Skaleek

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Skaleek:

*coughBlazingStepEphemeracough*

so true...i gave up trying and settled for the eidolon one...sad tho how many wasted runs went into trying to get that ephe...

On 2019-10-12 at 10:41 AM, popa1998 said:

again game was crashed because ANY PUBLIC missions immediately transferring to SOLO missions, so I can't finish a lot team missions and lost too many good riven mods

how you could loose "many good riven mods"?

Thank you for the patch DE!

I'm very happy to see the Wisp Damas changes.

Stealth affinity multipliers are not activating for silent weapons or non-finisher melee kills as of this hotfix. Bows, silencing mods, weapons silenced via warframe abilities, and melee kills without finishers are all failing to activate the affinity bonus against most enemies. However, enemies that are put to sleep via Equinox or Ivara's abilities as well as melee finishers do trigger the affinity multiplier.

Most of my focus farming and weapon leveling is done via stealth gameplay, so this bug has had a large impact on my enjoyment of the game as a primarily solo player.

• Upvote 3

i try to open game but usually game send login failed , check your info but  i'm sure the password and e-mail right