Jump to content
SPplayer76

I'm excited to try out Viral + heat

Recommended Posts

It might end up not being amazing, but it's making think about what the element spread could want. It's weird because you would probably want mostly fire with some viral, but that's weird to build. Secondaries might have an easier time because of primed heated charge. I'm thinking that the ideal would be the viral 60/60's, then both the 90 and 60 heat damage mod?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

viral and heat is already good 

It is...but might become "great".   That is what is interesting.   In that regards it could free up a mod slot and thus with the new "exilus slot", it might make many weapons that were "great" but "janky" into "great" and "fluid".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chappie1975 said:

It is...but might become "great".   That is what is interesting.   In that regards it could free up a mod slot and thus with the new "exilus slot", it might make many weapons that were "great" but "janky" into "great" and "fluid".

Gotta mod in that 15 cost Metal Auger right?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before we think about modding we need to know how exactly things work out with heat. If heat, in the end, won't reduce armor, which would be fine, viral+heat wouldn't be as good, because the armor remains a huge pain in the butt.
That's why viral+slash is awesome. You don't have to deal with the armor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just bc i dont have the luxury of being able to watch the entire devstream, can someone confirm if heat will be stripping armor now, or is that only ember's heat that would do that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Innate viral + corrosive + heat + slash or hunter munitions

Innate corrosive + viral + heat + slash or hunter munitions

 

Reminds me of the old rainbow build days you just pile on elements 😄

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tzadquiel said:

just bc i dont have the luxury of being able to watch the entire devstream, can someone confirm if heat will be stripping armor now, or is that only ember's heat that would do that? 

There is no confirmation yet. DE talked about the possibility, and that's it. Nothing else happened.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corrosive+Heat will still be the winning combo. Great damage versus armor, which will (if heat will be a armor stripper for everyone and not just Ember) speed up the armor removal process a great deal and you'll have great damage versus the flesh aswell. It is also a damage combo that alteady works really well versus every faction.

Viral+Heat may look fun, but it will be a slow way of chewing through armor and low damage output during the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Reminds me of the old rainbow build days you just pile on elements 😄

 

Sweet. Corrosive by itself still takes a while to fully strip armor. To have heat for armor strip help would be nice. Plus you'll get bonus damage on health when armor is gone. 

Im ready for the pile up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Corrosive+Heat will still be the winning combo. Great damage versus armor, which will (if heat will be a armor stripper for everyone and not just Ember) speed up the armor removal process a great deal and you'll have great damage versus the flesh aswell. It is also a damage combo that alteady works really well versus every faction.

Viral+Heat may look fun, but it will be a slow way of chewing through armor and low damage output during the process.

We don't know at what rate heat will reduce/remove armor though and how many procs it will take for heat to completely remove armor.  Hell we don't know if DE is going ahead with heat removing armor like corrosive, though it seems likely just so ember at least serves some purpose again since current heat procs are garbage.  

The best way of stripping armor will still just be 4 CP's after this change though, because then you don't need to bother with corrosive damage you can just use viral + slash, viral + gas, etc. etc. and that's the fastest way to kill enemies in game other then covert lethality dagger finishers.  For starchart you can usually plow through anything with a well modded weapon as long as the weapon isn't pure garbage like cronus or hind.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-10 at 1:08 AM, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Innate viral + corrosive + heat + slash or hunter munitions

If only Hema had high crit chance to proc Hunter Munitions :(

Nvm it still supports Viral + Corrosive + Heat build. :)

Edited by Aeon94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

If only Hema had high crit chance to proc Hunter Munitions 😞

Nvm it still supports Viral + Corrosive + Heat build. 🙂

I have a riven with CC gets me to slightly above 40% CC with pointstrike. It is lovely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...