Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth kill Affinity multiplier seems broken

Gravemind93

The bug has persisted throughout the month / 2 updates. At this point I'm leaning more towards the "it's a feature nerf" side as they have received plenty of reports on it and yet have neither acknowledged or fixed it and instead been quiet about it waiting for it to die down, perhaps.

In any case...if it is a bug and they are aware then a broken playstyle seems to be awfully low on their priority list. I dislike this.

Well, all we can do is keep bumping this and hope. Play other games in the meantime...

Edited by 36ONoScope
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Annunakitty said:

Confirming this bug still exists post Old Blood update and its first hotfix

Correction, it still exists but intermittently.  A few missions I did I got stealth bonus with shoots and slashes as is normal(?) but the rest of the time only Parazon executions seemed to add to the stealth bonus.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Annunakitty:

Correction, it still exists but intermittently.  A few missions I did I got stealth bonus with shoots and slashes as is normal(?) but the rest of the time only Parazon executions seemed to add to the stealth bonus.

Wait, really? I still only got a multiplier from melee takedowns as was the case before the patch.

Aren't parazon executions mid combat? They should not grant any stealth affinity, should they?

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Since channeling is no longer a thing, how do we destroy the bodies during melee for stealth now?  This is something I just realized while reading a topic on MR 9 Test.  

At the moment, we don't. I tested several weapons just now. No amount of combo counter causes Heavy Attacks to destroy bodies as of 26.0.2.

3 hours ago, 36ONoScope said:

Wait, really? I still only got a multiplier from melee takedowns as was the case before the patch.

That's part of the problem. If this is somehow deliberate and not a bug, then it's still poorly implemented and has bugs of its own. You can sometimes still get the stealth multiplier by killing enemies extremely far away (usually over 100m when I see it) or against specific enemy types without sleeping or using a finisher. However, it's rare and behaves more like a bug than an intentional feature. That's one of the reasons we assumed it would be hotfixed when it appeared nearly a month ago.

I have to say this is really disappointing. This is either a bug that prevents the stealth multiplier from activating, or it's a design choice that has been poorly implemented and produced bugs of its own. Either way, it needs acknowledgement and patching. DE's complete silence on this doesn't make sense, and mainline patches shouldn't be used as an excuse given the number of players affected and how long it's been left in this state.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Tonberryc:

You can sometimes still get the stealth multiplier by killing enemies extremely far away (usually over 100m when I see it) or against specific enemy types without sleeping or using a finisher

Ah yes I remember seeing one such bug. Killing a very far away pilot on that flying vehicle on the plains of eidolon in 5-6 shots of a loud, full auto weapon grants me the multiplier every once in a while. It's really strange!

Edited by 36ONoScope

14 hours ago, 36ONoScope said:

Aren't parazon executions mid combat? They should not grant any stealth affinity, should they?

Sorry, I should have been more specific because you now use the Parazon for stealth executions now and NOT your equipped melee weapon.  Notice you have to press the "use" button when you get close enough for stealth executions now rather than the melee button

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Annunakitty:

Sorry, I should have been more specific because you now use the Parazon for stealth executions now and NOT your equipped melee weapon.  Notice you have to press the "use" button when you get close enough for stealth executions now rather than the melee button

Wait, what? No, I definitely did stealth takedowns last night (after the update) using a hammer as weapon and I'm confident I smashed their heads in with it (I am aware the key for stealth takedown changed and I DID press "use" to execute them).

It would be pretty silly if melee weapons didn't get affinity anymore as the parazon did all the stealth killing. But that's not the case.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Annunakitty:

Maybe you're right, that's just how I remember it last night--That said, the stealth effect was bugging out and my Ivara was 100% invisible part of the time 😛

You can use the parazon to finish off enemies who are in combat with you but go down on their knees as they have been heavily injured (20% HP?). I don't know, may be a random factor, but point is that these "mercy kills" are for finishing off low HP enemies when eligible. Despite being in the "assassination" category, this hasn't got anything to do with stealth.

Bit of discouraging news on this topic. The bonus damage multiplier from stealth is also not working consistently as of update 26. Also, enemies spawned in the Simulacrum with paused AI are instantly put into the alerted status, most likely to further hide the nerfs to stealth gameplay.

I don't really see a situation where these changes aren't deliberate, and whoever is responsible for hiding these changes from the patch notes should be ashamed.

Edited by Tonberryc
Damage multiplier is inconsistent. Previously reported as gone entirely.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tonberryc said:

I don't really see a situation where these changes aren't deliberate, and whoever is responsible for hiding these changes from the patch notes should be ashamed.

That's what I'm starting to think as well.  It kinda pisses me off that we aren't being told anything at all on the matter.  Either own up to it or recognize it as a bug.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 1

Please fix. This has really hampered my enjoyment of Spy missions. T_T

Seeing how long I could maintain a stealth bonus in spy was a great way for me to relax and farm some focus. Now I just frantically do the mission since it doesn't matter if I get caught anymore, and it's so stressful. >.<

• Like 2

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Hyro1:

It's literally been a week since the update, and in that week 2 days no one was in the office, seriously everyone here needs to chill, this is very obviously a bug, seeing how you still get stealth bonuses when enemies are asleep. And secondly stop excepting a reply from DE about this, its literally just a bug, just like everything else in this part of the forums, no official statement is even needed. Besides if you wanted a reply put this in the post about the Old Blood Update Feedback.

This bug has been around for a month (just check when this topic was created). It came way before the mainline update and it also causes a playstyle to be broken which means it should at least have somewhat moderate priority, at least enough to deserve an acknowledgement that they're planning a fix in their pipelines if they won't fix it for a month or longer.

It doesn't belong in the Old Blood Update Feedback thread because it does not have its root in the Old Blood update.

Edited by 36ONoScope
  • Like 1