Gravemind93

Stealth kill Affinity multiplier seems broken

No matter what I do I can't get a stealth kill bonus to appear. I was doing them yesterday no problem but now they're just broken. I've tried with weapons(without MS) and even melee tonight and just nothing. XP numbers don't go up either, so it's not just the buff icon failing to appear for me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 10

Are you doing this against the Grineer? Because I'm getting the same problem, but I was able to isolate it to Drahks (Grineer kubrows); don't know if there are others mobs doing this.

4 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Are you doing this against the Grineer? Because I'm getting the same problem, but I was able to isolate it to Drahks (Grineer kubrows); don't know if there are others mobs doing this.

Grineer, yes. It was happening on every mob I could find, not just their doges.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Gravemind93 said:

Grineer, yes. It was happening on every mob I could find, not just their doges.

After more testing, I think it's happening if you don't use the stealth-takedown action. I can get the bonus when using that action, but any other form of killing doesn't grant it/breaks it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NekroArts said:

After more testing, I think it's happening if you don't use the stealth-takedown action. I can get the bonus when using that action, but any other form of killing doesn't grant it/breaks it.

Can confirm it. Using Loki with Hushed Invisibility and Dread (or any other weapon) and stealth kills grants no bonus. Bonus buff only appears when using melee stealth-takedown. Not only grineer, but all around.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

You still get the bonus if you use Ivaras sleep arrow, I'm guessing other similar stuns also work (llike Magus Lockdown)

Came to post about this myself.

Tested on Kappa (Sedna spy v. Grineer) with Daikyu (projectile with multishot), Spira Prime (projectile without multishot), hushed Rubico Prime (hitscan, both with and without multishot), hushed Vectis Prime (without multishot), Dual Skana (execution DOES trigger stealth bonus), and Redeemer Prime (shot does NOT trigger bonus, stealth execution DOES).

Tested on Nereid (Neptune spy v. Corpus) with Rubico Prime (without multishot), Spira Prime (without multishot), and Dual Skana (non-execution kill does NOT trigger, stealth execution DOES).

Kills were all made on unalerted enemies using only Ivara's Prowl for stealth. Seems both projectile and hitscan weapons are affected, as well as non-execution melee kills but not melee stealth kills.

Edited by Annunakitty
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i noticed this too, only sleeping enemies or the ones killed with stealth finishers grant bonus, i also noticed when using ivara's prowl and killing a drone without using sleep arrows, the drone spread his wings a few milliseconds before getting hit by the melee, even was a 1 hit kill, that mean the drone got alerted in these minimal time frame

• Upvote 3

Can confirm, ranged stealth kills generally break the multiplier since the hotfix on Wednesday. As do melee kills that aren't stealth finishers. Stealth finishers still grant the multiplier like they used to.

I love stealth sniping and level all my sniper weapons this way. Please fix! Taking a break from the game and hoping for a fix soon.

Edited by 36ONoScope
  • Upvote 3

I can confirm too. Tested on Ivara and Loki, with Daikyu, Dread and Rubico Prime. Despite my best efforts I could not get a single stealth multiplier with any ranged attack (all 1-shot headshot kills on unalerted enemies). I have no problem getting the multiplier up with melee stealth takedowns but for ranged attacks it seems to be completely broken.

Edit: note that all these tests were done in Solo mode.

Edited by Moscatinka
Added info
  • Upvote 3

I've been having this issue as well. I also found an extra wrinkle, the bug only seems to happen when I'm playing solo. If I get a stealth kill when playing with a group, than it registers properly and I get the affinity bonus. Anyone else able to test and/or confirm this?

The vast majority of my play time has been spent solo. All ranged weapons that I have tested are affected by this, including bows, shotguns, rifles, secondaries, beam weapons, etc. The only enemy on which I can reliably execute a ranged stealth kill is the corrupted ancient and its variants. Stealth gameplay is how I relax on Warframe, and it's 50% of the reason I play. Is there an ETA on a fix for this?

Edited by monotony_prime
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Today's hotfix has unfortunately not addressed the issue. Still on a break from the game until they do.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb NanoxVox:

I've been having this issue as well. I also found an extra wrinkle, the bug only seems to happen when I'm playing solo. If I get a stealth kill when playing with a group, than it registers properly and I get the affinity bonus. Anyone else able to test and/or confirm this?

I don't have any people to try it with but if that's true then that's definitely the group itself, not the mode. I tried setting it to "friends only" or "invite only" instead of solo and the issue persists.

I was going to make a post about this, but yeah, ranged attacks against non-sleeping grineer never get a stealth multiplier, and non-stealth kill take downs with melee don't, either. I suspect it's due to the "partial" alert state change they get when silenced attacks pass near them now.

Le 18/10/2019 à 20:27, monotony_prime a dit :

The vast majority of my play time has been spent solo. All ranged weapons that I have tested are affected by this, including bows, shotguns, rifles, secondaries, beam weapons, etc. The only enemy on which I can reliably execute a ranged stealth kill is the corrupted ancient and its variants. Stealth gameplay is how I relax on Warframe, and it's 50% of the reason I play. Is there an ETA on a fix for this?

Are you me?!

That's the first reason I'm still around after all these years, but these changes are seriously making me question the disk space of my laptop...

Why make such a change? Stealth was superb for XP but now all my bows,my Ferrox & other silent ranged weapons seem nerfed. Add to this the fact that their vision is wayyy too good for non-open world tilesets, and it's the first time since the beginning that I just can't do any mission 100% undetected without an invisible warframe (so without cheesing it).

DE needs to take a look at this with Update 26! I'm not against challenging Stealth, but don't make it completely unviable! 

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

I can say that I'm not very happy with this recent change.  I'm hoping it's a bug instead of DE doing a stealth nerf to Stealth Mechanics.  

• Upvote 3

I think they're trying to make stealth kill system only applying to that assassin creed knife thing they're making.

Hope my guesses are wrong

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Xenonthetenno:

I think they're trying to make stealth kill system only applying to that assassin creed knife thing they're making.

Hope my guesses are wrong

Hope so, too. The fact that it's an undocumented change may indicate that it's a bug. We'll see in the next mainline update if they did anything to fix it.

Yeah, the fact the DE hasn't responded to this makes me feel like it's not a bug, just a stealth nerf to stealth. @[DE]Rebecca

• Woah 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

from Hotfix 25.7.6

Enemies may now “react” (without changing their Alert state) to you by stopping and looking around if you shoot a Silent weapon within 2-3m of them several times quickly. 

i think maybe they are hearing the silenced weapons projectiles or melee attacks before they get hit, you can stay from 100 meters and oneshot kill them and still don't get the stealth affinity bonus

vor 45 Minuten schrieb enemystand:

from Hotfix 25.7.6

i think maybe they are hearing the silenced weapons projectiles or melee attacks before they get hit, you can stay from 100 meters and oneshot kill them and still don't get the stealth affinity bonus

Maybe it is related to it, however 25.8.1 is the faulty update that ultimately gave birth to the bug.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-10-20 at 6:20 AM, unknow99 said:

Are you me?!

That's the first reason I'm still around after all these years, but these changes are seriously making me question the disk space of my laptop...

Why make such a change? Stealth was superb for XP but now all my bows,my Ferrox & other silent ranged weapons seem nerfed. Add to this the fact that their vision is wayyy too good for non-open world tilesets, and it's the first time since the beginning that I just can't do any mission 100% undetected without an invisible warframe (so without cheesing it).

DE needs to take a look at this with Update 26! I'm not against challenging Stealth, but don't make it completely unviable! 

I think I'm both of you. I'm a Loki main, play Ivara on the plains, and level weapons with Equinox. Most of my gameplay is just running solo missions to wind down after work. We are 2 weeks deep with this bug, and my gameplay is slowly turning into doing sorties and logging off. This issue combined with the increased enemy vision range and alert sensitivity has really killed my enjoyment of the game.

It also seems like people are misunderstanding the severity of these bugs (or changes?). A style of gameplay is effectively broken right now. An entire method of focus farming (one of the most tedious things in the game) is limited to a handful of warframes. Rivens and other challenges that require "without alerting enemies" are incredibly difficult without very specific frames and weapons. Certain MR tests are nearly impossible for new and casual players. And all of these things feel very clunky and unpolished because we don't know if any of this is a bug or deliberate changes.

Personally, I doubt these changes are deliberate as they aren't included in any patch notes, nor have they even been acknowledged by a dev, yet. I'm sure the upcoming mainline patch will distract me for a few days, but I foresee another long break from the game if stealth is left in this state much longer.

• Applause 2

4 minutes ago, Tonberryc said:

I think I'm both of you. I'm a Loki main, play Ivara on the plains, and level weapons with Equinox. Most of my gameplay is just running solo missions to wind down after work. We are 2 weeks deep with this bug, and my gameplay is slowly turning into doing sorties and logging off. This issue combined with the increased enemy vision range and alert sensitivity has really killed my enjoyment of the game.

It also seems like people are misunderstanding the severity of these bugs (or changes?). A style of gameplay is effectively broken right now. An entire method of focus farming (one of the most tedious things in the game) is limited to a handful of warframes. Rivens and other challenges that require "without alerting enemies" are incredibly difficult without very specific frames and weapons. Certain MR tests are nearly impossible for new and casual players. And all of these things feel very clunky and unpolished because we don't know if any of this is a bug or deliberate changes.

Personally, I doubt these changes are deliberate as they aren't included in any patch notes, nor have they even been acknowledged by a dev, yet. I'm sure the upcoming mainline patch will distract me for a few days, but I foresee another long break from the game if stealth is left in this state much longer.

Dang.  You hit me on the head with all of this (minus the Loki and Equinox parts. :D).  This has been my style of play for over 3 years now.  You managed to convey my thoughts on this in your second paragraph extremely well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonberryc said:

after all we are supposed to be ninjas, destroying the stealth is like killing the 50% of the game

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Im glad im not alone experiencing this bug. Man! Levelling up weapon was a pain in the neck till I discovered Ivara sleep arrow work around. My guess the reason why they have yet to acknowledge this bug is they are all hands on deck for old blood mainline update and this MIGHT be addressed together in the update. (one can only hope) 🥴

• Like 1