Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth kill Affinity multiplier seems broken

Gravemind93

• 2 weeks later...

Happy December everyone!

Stealth is broken as of today, which is upsetting because it gave a more challenging and interesting way on earning XP instead of spamming defense missions in my opinion.

I can throw a suggestion though: High level spy missions do give a decent amount of XP for each unalerted terminal hack (XP is also distributed among all your equipment instead of just a single weapon/frame/operator/sentinel/pet) but unfortunately not as much as the maximum 500% stealth bonus affinity for unalerted enemy kills from my experience.

Edited by Grim
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I'd bet a good chunk of change this was on purpose, and that they wanted to nerf Silence Banshee Focus farming. Fits in with all the other nerfs and increased grind they've been throwing at us lately.

Ah jeez, I hope not! 🤢

Just tested. Sill broken as of 27.0.4. Did anyone really expect anything from the devs at this point?

Also given that a lot of DE is about to go on holiday I doubt we'll see this fixed before February.

Edited by Moomabo

Leveling my new Ivara Prime is EXTREMELY tedious with the broken stealth modifier, being forced to stalk single enemies with your melee until you unlock the Sleep arrow, because you can't just shoot someone in the face anymore, unless they're completely oblivious to the entire world's existence.

Stealth XP Modifiers were always iffy, mostly due to the AI lacking any sort of "grace period" during which it ignores additional damage instances before triggering the alerted status, which made shotguns, low-damage-high-ROF or burst-fire weapons, and anything with multishot almost impossible to to run through Stealth missions with the modifier maxed out, unless you used frames with Hard CC abilities like Sleep.

Which is funny, because the big damage indicator that shows the damage they took, DOES only show the lump sum, rather than damage-per-pellet. 

So, yeah, DE. When you're fixing this (and hopefully soon, and not SOON(tm)), fix it good. Make it work for all weapon types. Stop alerting enemies to things that literally tear them to shreds instantly or explode them, because at that stage nobody would go "Oh no! I died! SOUND THE ALARM!" 😕

So for those that have been tinkering around with this problem - does the workaround of removing any multishot mods from ranged (and silenced either by mods or abilities) weapons work and actually provide the stealth kill affinity bonus?

I do agree with the sentiments that releasing Ivara Prime would have been the perfect opportunity to have stated in the patch notes that "Stealth kill affinity not being granted have now been fixed."

Edited by dbugz

Just now, dbugz said:

So for those that have been tinkering around with this problem - does the workaround of removing any multishot mods from ranged weapons work and actually provide the stealth kill affinity bonus?

No removing all multishot does not work as a workaround.  Only thing that worked for me was using sleep arrow first.  

This months-old thread makes me wonder how many players this is actually hurting. DE has the metrics and clearly made an active decision to not prioritize this issue. After all, fixing stealth won't get Warframe featured on the front page of Steam like releasing Empyrean did. Fixing stealth won't generate sales during the holiday like a new Prime Access will. And the fact that people do (ab)use the multiplier as a kind of poor man's affinity/focus booster probably doesn't keep fixing stealth at the top of anyone's bug list.

For me that little stealth indicator (the affinity multiplier icon) is kind of a validation that I'm playing sneakily which is fun sometimes after unending Nightwave grind. To slow down and admire the environment. You know, to mix things up a little. Now what would have been a stealthy mission for me is just more of the same slog. Really any solo gameplay seems to have become a flavor that is reluctantly still supported, but only kind of. Railjack is a great example. The larger direction of the game seems instead very deliberately pointed at more frenetic cooperative play, and at this point I really wonder if they will ever find this a bug worth fixing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mdoucet said:

The larger direction of the game seems instead very deliberately pointed at more frenetic cooperative play, and at this point I really wonder if they will ever find this a bug worth fixing.

They've already acknowledged it's a bug on dev stream. If it's not fixed it's probably cause they're busy fixing stuff for empyrean, but i'm positive it will.

On 2019-12-18 at 11:43 AM, mdoucet said:

This months-old thread makes me wonder how many players this is actually hurting. DE has the metrics and clearly made an active decision to not prioritize this issue. After all, fixing stealth won't get Warframe featured on the front page of Steam like releasing Empyrean did. Fixing stealth won't generate sales during the holiday like a new Prime Access will. And the fact that people do (ab)use the multiplier as a kind of poor man's affinity/focus booster probably doesn't keep fixing stealth at the top of anyone's bug list.

For me that little stealth indicator (the affinity multiplier icon) is kind of a validation that I'm playing sneakily which is fun sometimes after unending Nightwave grind. To slow down and admire the environment. You know, to mix things up a little. Now what would have been a stealthy mission for me is just more of the same slog. Really any solo gameplay seems to have become a flavor that is reluctantly still supported, but only kind of. Railjack is a great example. The larger direction of the game seems instead very deliberately pointed at more frenetic cooperative play, and at this point I really wonder if they will ever find this a bug worth fixing.

"abuse"

You know what abuse is?  That it literally takes 6 months straight of hitting your focus cap every single day to max out all the focus schools.  It shouldn't take a super long time to cap your focus each day if you're going to have to grind literally every day for 6 months if you want to finish the focus trees up.  Proper stealth affinity farming with a banshee used to take about 15 minutes to hit your cap for the day.  Now they've broken it, and they probably like it that way because they love screwing us over with time gates and pointless grind.

• Like 1

I have noticed while playing Loki that they react as if they detected you the minute you walk into the room, while invis. You can not even get a finisher off any more. They still can not see you but they detect you are there. I should add since someone will mention it, this is not bumping into them, or going near them at all. The minute you walk into a room invis they pull out their weapons.  

4 hours ago, Franticlly_Skeptic said:

I have noticed while playing Loki that they react as if they detected you the minute you walk into the room, while invis. You can not even get a finisher off any more. They still can not see you but they detect you are there. I should add since someone will mention it, this is not bumping into them, or going near them at all. The minute you walk into a room invis they pull out their weapons.  

They do that because Loki's Invis isn't constant.  Ivara in Prowl doesn't have this issue unless all the enemies are on full alert (like in Survivals etc).  Otherwise they don't even know she's there.  This still doesn't mean that I like the fact that Stealth Multipliers still don't work on Primaries and Secondaries without using Sleep first.  

From my experience stealth multiplier only appears if you do a stealth execution with your melee or you put the enemies to sleep, otherwise there is no way to get the stealth multiplier.

Also even in melee (or at least using my reaper prime) i couldnt get a stealth multiplier from normal attacks without sleep.
Also their detection range got buffed hard.

Edited by Eyn_Sof

4 hours ago, Eyn_Sof said:

From my experience stealth multiplier only appears if you do a stealth execution with your melee or you put the enemies to sleep, otherwise there is no way to get the stealth multiplier.

Also even in melee (or at least using my reaper prime) i couldnt get a stealth multiplier from normal attacks without sleep.
Also their detection range got buffed hard.

Right before the Emperian update about when this topic started, was when the change happened.  Before then, you could get stealth kill multipliers with any silenced weapon as long as the enemy wasn't alert.  It didn't require sleep at all.  Only that you killed them in one shot.  I could even get it on a whole enemy group by using my Gas Daikyu and one headshot to the enemy in the center.  

vor 3 Minuten schrieb DatDarkOne:

Right before the Emperian update about when this topic started, was when the change happened.  Before then, you could get stealth kill multipliers with any silenced weapon as long as the enemy wasn't alert.  It didn't require sleep at all.  Only that you killed them in one shot.  I could even get it on a whole enemy group by using my Gas Daikyu and one headshot to the enemy in the center.  

Have a look at the start date of this thread. That was even before Rising Tide. The bug was patched in on October 7th or 8th

1 minute ago, 36ONoScope said:

Have a look at the start date of this thread. That was even before Rising Tide. The bug was patched in on October 7th or 8th

Hey, I did say about when this topic started that the "bug" appeared.  I wasn't sure of the exact date, and knew it was long before Emperian which his the only update name I could remember. It's been that dang long ago.  😛  😄