Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth kill Affinity multiplier seems broken

Gravemind93

8 minutes ago, 36ONoScope said:

Ha it's fine, I understand. Was just in case you really didn't know 😊

I always keep up on changes to Stealth gameplay (if not the specific update it came in) as it's the main way I plan the game.  So, I'm not very happy with all the changes DE has made to it over the last 2 years.

Edited by DatDarkOne

vor 48 Minuten schrieb DatDarkOne:

I always keep up on changes to Stealth gameplay (if not the specific update it came in) as it's the main way I plan the game.  So, I'm not very happy with all the changes DE has made to it over the last 2 years.

I feel you, man, but that affinity change was definitely the straw that broke the camel's back for me and made me uninstall after there had been silence on it for two months from DE. So since I can't test stuff after every patch, I need you to test things for me and report in case a miracle happens and they actually fix something! 😊

Having no idea how i was supposed to hit a cap in the hundreds of thousands with the tiny drip feed of a couple hundred per mission i was was getting passively, i started looking into focus farming guides. I tried the banshee build and the equinox build,but i was confused and frustrated because the stealth bonus seemed to be a coin flip of actually starting or not, then randomly increasing or just disappearing. I could never come close to the tens of thousands of focus points the people in the build guides managed to get. This completely explains why.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kalidar said:

Having no idea how i was supposed to hit a cap in the hundreds of thousands with the tiny drip feed of a couple hundred per mission i was was getting passively, i started looking into focus farming guides. I tried the banshee build and the equinox build,but i was confused and frustrated because the stealth bonus seemed to be a coin flip of actually starting or not, then randomly increasing or just disappearing. I could never come close to the tens of thousands of focus points the people in the build guides managed to get. This completely explains why.

This has been DE reasoning for most of the changes to Stealth Mechanics.  But considering that it could only be done by a very few frames is why I consider it a dumb decision.  One that has lead to players having no incentive to use stealth tactics whatever other than as an extreme playstyle choice.  

My 2 cents on the matter:

Only way I've been able to do stealth kills is to put them to sleep with ivara and use finishers from the back, because from the front they break stealth multiplier quite often.

If I shoot them, they randomly either add to stealth or break it, it's quite inconsistent.

As host in RJ I can't use melee finishers at all, I have to self-revive before I can do that.

As client in RJ, in first mission that I join, finishers work fine, but after we travel to another node the finishers no longer work. Didn't try suicide like with host.

• Like 1

DE pls fix.

I'm somewhat glad and sad that there are other people who have the same problems as me. SOMEHOW, my other clanmates have no problems with procing without having to activate the stealth finisher. Meaning... it's a bug?

DE PLS FIX

Edited by TheGiantChip
  • Like 1

Well, here are my two cents on what I've experienced. Do note that I'm not a stealth-focused player, and I'm only using Ivara for intrinsic farming. 

My affinity bonus multiplier seems to be broken by enemies that are "pre-alerted". Even when putting these enemies asleep via an arrow and being the only enemy left in a closed room and doing a stealth attack from behind (Animation triggered), they reset your stealth multiplier and the icon disappears. 

I've come to recognize these "pre-alarted" enemies because even if you enter the room while invisible and no shots fired, they don't show the "press X for stealth attack" prompt behind them even when put to sleep. At least, not the first time. For these enemies, the prompt shows up after  they've been put to sleep once and then wake up. In fact, I can put them to sleep, stand still behind them with no prompt, and when they wake up the prompt for a stealth kill is magically there and I can keep my stealth bonus going.

Mind you, not all these enemies that lack the stealth kill prompt will break your bonus, but the process I've been following allows me to successfully control the flow of alerted enemies by forcing their alertness level to "reset". I'm using a high efficiency, 105% duration build so I can prowl for as long as possible without increasing the time the sleep arrow effect is active, giving me some leeway while I wait for pre-alerted enemies to reset.

Other things that help recognize these pre-alerted enemies:

- They seem to know where you are and run towards you if you are not invisible even if no one has fired a bullet. Turn invisible and they go away. Disable prowl and they suddenly turn around and start running towards you.

- My Kavat will attack as soon as we get close to them without being "detected" even if they're asleep.

Edited by Jarriaga

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

This is the exact reason I stopped using the Kasca Kavat.  My other pets don't have this problem like the Kasca does.  

My smeeta attacks them too, but it's fine as it barely does any damage...

Would've been nice to tell the cat to not attack at all, it only gets itself killed in general.

9 minutes ago, HunterDigi said:

My smeeta attacks them too, but it's fine as it barely does any damage...

Would've been nice to tell the cat to not attack at all, it only gets itself killed in general.

For all my other pets, I arranged their mods so they wouldn't attack enemies while I'm in Prowl unless I attacked first.  Same for my sentinels.  It's the dang kasca that is so aggressive and goes way too far away that I have this problem with regardless of being in Prowl or changing the mod layout.  I'm thinking that it might be the Kasca only mod that is doing it, but i haven't tested for that to be sure.  

Seems fixed in 27.2.2, playing as host, unaware instant-kill stealth multi working again.

Still broken.

(Classic) stealth multiplier works for me as client:

But not as host (only works if enemy asleep, or X backstab):

Will submit EE.log

No change in 27.0.12.1

Still broken in U27.1.2

Playing as host, still getting no stealth kill multiplier on unaware one-hit-kill.

Edited by Leo.lev
Document fixed by 27.2.2 or earlier

• 2 weeks later...