Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth kill Affinity multiplier seems broken

Gravemind93

Hey, hey DE?

Your game isn't working. Fix it. There's really no reason for the stealth multiplier to be this broken and all you're doing is destroying any semblance of fun I used to get playing Ivara/Loki together with my snipers and bows - especially in the open world style maps. What use is there in sniping an enemy from five miles out when it won't trigger a stealth bonus multiplier, hm? Is Steve himself whispering into that Grineer's ten-times-cloned earhole, telling him there's a bullet about to blow his skull open a second before it actually does and therefore alerting him?

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" stops being cute and funny when it starts to really negatively impact entire styles of gameplay.

• Like 4

It is almost certainly a bug in some manner, as I can be client and get occasional stealth multipliers for non-finisher kills that never work as host.

Something possibly related: it seems enemies in (at least some) Exterminate missions start out alerted.

Man I really hoped to come back after so many months and be pleasantly surprised by the developers of this game who have always been so awesome at listening to the community.

Where did the once great DE devs go?

As players we just want news on this! I can't come back to Warframe if stealth is broken like this, it kills so much of the enjoyment in the game. I can't imagine how many other players are also willingly putting Warframe down because they won't fix such a fundamental flaw in their system.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-10 at 4:49 AM, Gravemind93 said:

No matter what I do I can't get a stealth kill bonus to appear. I was doing them yesterday no problem but now they're just broken. I've tried with weapons(without MS) and even melee tonight and just nothing. XP numbers don't go up either, so it's not just the buff icon failing to appear for me.

Because God forbid you level up anywhere other than Hydron.
Formaed my Ivara's artemis bow yesterday.. When an enemy is standing alone, away from others, and you one-shot kill him (because it's artemis bow), you don't get a stealth multiplier. You have to put them to sleep first and make sure that every other enemy within a mile radius is asleep, too, or looking away, to get the stealth exp bonus. And God forbid anybody sees the corpses. Cause then you'll lose the stealth bonus immedeately.  

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

9 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Because God forbid you level up anywhere other than Hydron.
Formaed my Ivara's artemis bow yesterday.. When an enemy is standing alone, away from others, and you one-shot kill him (because it's artemis bow), you don't get a stealth multiplier. You have to put them to sleep first and make sure that every other enemy within a mile radius is asleep, too, or looking away, to get the stealth exp bonus. And God forbid anybody sees the corpses. Cause then you'll lose the stealth bonus immedeately.  

Almost 5 months it's been now.

gg devs.

Rejoice brothers and sisters! Although it's not listed in the patch notes the stealth affinity bonus is *Mostly* fixed. There are still a few inconsistencies I've yet to nail down, but you can once again hunt from the shadows for 5x affinity!

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Moomabo:

Rejoice brothers and sisters! Although it's not listed in the patch notes the stealth affinity bonus is *Mostly* fixed. There are still a few inconsistencies I've yet to nail down, but you can once again hunt from the shadows for 5x affinity!

Oh, really? That's great! I'm going to reinstall and try it out. Will hopefully confirm soon.

On 2020-03-05 at 2:02 PM, Moomabo said:

I guess it was in the patch notes for mainline

I noticed it today when I was doing the first of "The Gifts of the Lotus" missions and I shot a Corpus in the head with my Zylok.  I did not think that the "Optimized enemy awareness code" part of the mainline update actually fixed what was wrong with Stealth Multipliers when I saw it in the notes for the update.  I can now progress through this game once more, knowing that I can have fun doing missions, and, more importantly, have fun doing missions with stealth.

Edited by TechnoRome

On 2020-01-11 at 11:53 AM, Jarriaga said:

Well, here are my two cents on what I've experienced. Do note that I'm not a stealth-focused player, and I'm only using Ivara for intrinsic farming. 

My affinity bonus multiplier seems to be broken by enemies that are "pre-alerted". Even when putting these enemies asleep via an arrow and being the only enemy left in a closed room and doing a stealth attack from behind (Animation triggered), they reset your stealth multiplier and the icon disappears. 

I've come to recognize these "pre-alarted" enemies because even if you enter the room while invisible and no shots fired, they don't show the "press X for stealth attack" prompt behind them even when put to sleep. At least, not the first time. For these enemies, the prompt shows up after  they've been put to sleep once and then wake up. In fact, I can put them to sleep, stand still behind them with no prompt, and when they wake up the prompt for a stealth kill is magically there and I can keep my stealth bonus going.

Mind you, not all these enemies that lack the stealth kill prompt will break your bonus, but the process I've been following allows me to successfully control the flow of alerted enemies by forcing their alertness level to "reset". I'm using a high efficiency, 105% duration build so I can prowl for as long as possible without increasing the time the sleep arrow effect is active, giving me some leeway while I wait for pre-alerted enemies to reset.

Other things that help recognize these pre-alerted enemies:

- They seem to know where you are and run towards you if you are not invisible even if no one has fired a bullet. Turn invisible and they go away. Disable prowl and they suddenly turn around and start running towards you.

- My Kavat will attack as soon as we get close to them without being "detected" even if they're asleep.

Update:

I finished my intrinsics farm yesterday (10/10/10/10) and still stand by this post. I can control my stealth affinity bonus without breaking it at any point by "resetting" enemies with a sleep arrow first, wait until they wake-up, and then kill them. I still also observe that "pre-alerted" enemies still run towards you if you are not invisible even if you just entered the room. You can observe them in the map going back and forth between your position and turning back to their patrolling area as you toggle invisibility on and off.

So my conclusion here is that enemies are spawning in an alerted state from the get go. They also seem to have a form of enemy radar active on them because how else would they run towards you just after spawning in an area in which they don't have line of sight towards you?

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 3

Since this early march mainline update, I managed to get the multiplier with my Castanas. (but only if they die in a single hit instead of the electricity DoT)

Le 06/03/2020 à 11:42, 36ONoScope a dit :

I wonder if they also fixed Multishot breaking the modifier? Can't test it right now but that'd be great.

That's still "one-shot or nothing", it seems. Yeah that sucks a bit... (so forget about Sybaris,silenced shotguns or multishot mods if you can't instakill the target)

Edited by unknow99
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

So my conclusion here is that enemies are spawning in an alerted state from the get go. They also seem to have a form of enemy radar active on them because how else would they run towards you just after spawning in an area in which they don't have line of sight towards you?

That one was done mostly for Survival missions.  I consider it a QoL thing as otherwise enemies would be too spread out during solo play.  

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That one was done mostly for Survival missions.  I consider it a QoL thing as otherwise enemies would be too spread out during solo play.  

That's fair if you're playing Survival. I was farming intrinsics in Veil Proxima.