Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absurd Bans need to stop, please;

(PSN)abhidec1

3 hours ago, (PS4)abhidec1 said:

say syk backwards

I assume you know what k-y-s stands for.

It'd be more of a threat than a joke if you told someone that in chat, which is the reason for the ban.

Chat Bot McTriggerhappy sadly can't understand context of a conversation.

1 hour ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Thought this was about the DE glenn stuff going on over at reddit for a sec

Oh, you mean the thread at /dfb5y9/? Nah, I'm sure it'll get suppressed here rather quickly.

EDIT: Although I do see the relevance, what with KickBot being controlled by staff members and all.

Edited by unagy

3 hours ago, Proslackernifty said:

If your story is true, then you did something incredibly stupid, and you deserve a ban.  Can you tell us why you said that in chat?  Are you driven by plat greed so much so that you can't control yourself?  Did you think it was funny? It boggles me.

Then again, I really don't believe your story.  You strike me as a troll.  Maybe I'm cynical.  Enjoy your ban 😁

I am from a south Asian country (won't specify which) and English isn't my 1st language so I don't converse in English in everyday life so much that I would know its meaning. Also, I did mention in my post that I knew the plat part was not gonna happen

2 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

It'd be more of a threat than a joke if you told someone that in chat, which is the reason for the ban.

I did mention I was unaware of the meaning until after I googled it after being banned.

il y a 47 minutes, (PS4)abhidec1 a dit :

I did mention I was unaware of the meaning until after I googled it after being banned.

You learned the hard way, you still deserve your ban. Being ignorant is not an excuse.

edit :

And look at the mod pov, even if they considered being ignorant as a valide excuse, why they should trust you when you say you were? Its very easy to say horrible thing and pretend to not being aware of what they mean. But you know whats easier, banning thoses guys!

Edited by belanya

12 minutes ago, belanya said:

You learned the hard way, you still deserve your ban. Being ignorant is not an excuse.

edit :

And look at the mod pov, even if they considered being ignorant as a valide excuse, why they should trust you when you say you were? Its very easy to say horrible thing and pretend to not being aware of what they mean. But you know whats easier, banning thoses guys!

It doesn't show I was ignorant. 

3 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

I always ignore most things in Region chat, unless a few fellow Tenno has some reasonable game questions. Simply because all the stories heard about their bot.

This is a perfect example, since I had no idea what the acronym means until now. This is really only something you bump into, if you deal with chats a lot. I can't relate to what generation that might be, but these days I just ain't bothered with regular chats, as they really ain't....intellectual.

It's rather sad you have to Google your way out to find out the 400th million acronym made by a lazy bum.

I find this auto banning without context somewhat problematic and the only lesson I've learned (or had reinforced) from reading this thread is to avoid posting in region chat simply because it's not worth incurring a random ban for something I had no idea was problematic.   

This acronym was unknown to me until this thread, most likely because I don't frequent places where such sentences are used or much less warrants an acronym. I doubt I'm the only one having no idea what it meant.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)abhidec1 said:

It doesn't show I was ignorant. 

Erm...

1 hour ago, (PS4)abhidec1 said:

That means you're ignorant.

Band well deserved. Take it on the chin, move on and stop engaging with the idiots of region chat.

Edited by Gabbynaru
  • Like 1

Thread has gone downhill. Closing.

To OP : forums can't help with you with your ban issues. Only support does. If the support did not accept unbanning you, I'm afraid we can't help either. Chat bans usually last up to a week, so consider just waiting it out.

By the way, if someone says "do something for free plat", it's always too good to be true. In the meantime, consider reporting the troll. Those kind of actions in game are not acceptable.