Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AugmentedJustice

Please made it so Archguns don't auto unequip when picking up items.

Recommended Posts

Could you please make it so we DON'T unequip archguns when picking up data masses, power cells and other things. It's tedious and annoying when constantly having to go back into the gear wheel, find the archgun, go into the long animation of equipping it everytime, nevermind having to wait for the cooldown everytime, and there's no heavy ammo drops around. We shouldn't be punished like this for using archguns, and it should instead, be more encouraged, less clunky and less disruptive. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just do not put the archgun launcher on one of the first 12 gear wheel slots, and assign a keybind. Absolutely nobody should have that kind of convenience. It's larger than a primary, and we can't use them while carrying a data mass either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't use primaries while carrying a datamass, but if you only have a primary equipped, carrying a datamass just makes you go unarmed. The same could be applied to archguns, with you pulling it back out when the datamass is dropped.

Sure, it might not "make sense" for the archgun to temporarily poof like that, but nothing about the archgun deployers makes any sense at all, or how most weaponry works. Akimbo pistols get turned into one gun with twice the fire rate and magazine size, and there's absolutely no restriction on any of the melee weapons while carrying a datamass, regardless of hands used. frankly the no-primary thing feels like it's a pretty needless mechanic at this point anyhow, not like secondaries are really any weaker.

Edited by OvisCaedo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be simplistically agreeing

I'm an avid user of a [Larkspur] and often whenever I'm in a mission that has a pick-up-able-item I often have to delegate the task of transporting the item to another player which moderately inhibits my gameplay, since -as the OP said- if I were to pick it up myself, I'd have to deal with the archgun reload timer (amounting to 30-60 seconds) before I can use it again, as another -mildly annoying- solution, I could just bring up a backup gun as a solution -indeed it can be easily done- but it's still annoying that I have to put up with this.

As a fix (quality of life improvement), I would like it if archguns would temporarily "disappear" like if you brought only a primary weapon in a data-mass mission when carrying an item rendering the player "unarmed" and would return to you with the same amount of ammo when you drop the item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nichivo said:

Just do not put the archgun launcher on one of the first 12 gear wheel slots, and assign a keybind. Absolutely nobody should have that kind of convenience. It's larger than a primary, and we can't use them while carrying a data mass either.

I'm NOT asking to be able to use archguns whilst carry a datamas or other items. I'm asking for the archgun to still be equipped after using said items. and I play with a controller. Key binds aren't an option for me.

 

3 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

We can't use primaries while carrying a datamass, but if you only have a primary equipped, carrying a datamass just makes you go unarmed. The same could be applied to archguns, with you pulling it back out when the datamass is dropped.

Sure, it might not "make sense" for the archgun to temporarily poof like that, but nothing about the archgun deployers makes any sense at all, or how most weaponry works. Akimbo pistols get turned into one gun with twice the fire rate and magazine size, and there's absolutely no restriction on any of the melee weapons while carrying a datamass, regardless of hands used. frankly the no-primary thing feels like it's a pretty needless mechanic at this point anyhow, not like secondaries are really any weaker.

This is what I'm simply asking for. To still have the archgun equipped after we have dropped or used the item, rather than auto-unequipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, anonymous14z said:

To be simplistically agreeing

I'm an avid user of a [Larkspur] and often whenever I'm in a mission that has a pick-up-able-item I often have to delegate the task of transporting the item to another player which moderately inhibits my gameplay, since -as the OP said- if I were to pick it up myself, I'd have to deal with the archgun reload timer (amounting to 30-60 seconds) before I can use it again, as another -mildly annoying- solution, I could just bring up a backup gun as a solution -indeed it can be easily done- but it's still annoying that I have to put up with this.

As a fix (quality of life improvement), I would like it if archguns would temporarily "disappear" like if you brought only a primary weapon in a data-mass mission when carrying an item rendering the player "unarmed" and would return to you with the same amount of ammo when you drop the item.

Someone who gets it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, having the cool down kick in with a full magazine just for picking up a disruption key is killing that game mode for me. 

Also it would be nice to be able to use Archguns in Sanctuary onslaughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...