The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction based warframes

lostkeeper

So been having a lot of ideas about some new warframes!

nidus is one of my favorite frames and he is inspired by the infested. We also now have a sentient inspired frame umbra so i had some ideas for a corpus based frame and a grineer(auto correct)based frame.

Corpus frame

name- Monolie (monolith) standing totem

passive- double energy levels

a relic of corpus based influence discovered on valis. This frame would be a support/defensive frame. He would lack mobility but make up for it with his defensive capabilities. 

His first ability (turret one)-name unknown 

this would drop a square auto turret on the ground and his feet the turret would do puncture damage and like chroma status would change based on energy color(or augmented mod) based on strength duration range.

secound ability (guard)

this would pull the shields and or armor off all surrounding enemies and put them on allies 50% of all shields/armor taken applied to all friendlies in a 30m.  Range and strength and duration

Third ability (anti null) 

places a buff around the player that will cancel out null affects such as leech or nullafires for party members that stay with in 6m max with range+ 15m or some distance that seems reasonable. Based on duration and range

forth ability (lithium) channeled 

become the literal power house frame places down a battery pack in front of him and all party members get to use his energy instead of there own. This drains his energy. Based on efficiency and duration as well as range.

grenieer based frame Is still being discussed with friends I’ll update this in a few days 

Edited by lostkeeper

While i like support Frames, making them completely immobile isnt really great. We had that with Vauban, which part of the reason he receives a rework.
It works only in Defense Missions, and not even in Sorties because the Target is mobile there.

The passive sounds interesting, i would like to see that someday.

Turret...not so much. Not for a 1. To really work, it should be more like an Exalted Drone or so, that way you can actually level it to let it stay relevant.
Again, look at Vaubans Tesla. Its basically an electric Turret in its current form...and it deals no damage because it doesnt scale.

Guard: Could be interesting, but raw Armor isnt that great. Enemies can reach insane amounts, they can level to 999 or so, while we are capped at level 30.
Even if we have 99% Damage Absorb, it doesnt matter when the enemy deals 30.000 damage. Its still a oneshot for some frames.
So instead of Armor, maybe a shield that has a chance to absorb an attack would be better? Or some kind of scaling Shield, like a personal Snowglobe?

Anti Null: Not really liking that one. Would be interesting as part of his own passive. Overload Nullifier Bubbles when he enters with full energy or so.

Lithium: If you want it as a deployable, a "charge ability" could work. Charge the Battery with your own Energy by holding the button, then release it.
Other Frames nearby then deplete that Energy from the Battery.

7 hours ago, lostkeeper said:

So been having a lot of ideas about some new warframes!

nidus is one of my favorite frames and he is inspired by the infested. We also now have a sentient inspired frame umbra so i had some ideas for a corpus based frame and a grineer(auto correct)based frame.

Corpus frame

name- Monolie (monolith) standing totem

passive- double energy levels

a relic of corpus based influence discovered on valis. This frame would be a support/defensive frame. He would lack mobility but make up for it with his defensive capabilities. 

His first ability (turret one)-name unknown 

this would drop a square auto turret on the ground and his feet the turret would do puncture damage and like chroma status would change based on energy color(or augmented mod) based on strength duration range.

secound ability (guard)

this would pull the shields and or armor off all surrounding enemies and put them on allies 50% of all shields/armor taken applied to all friendlies in a 30m.  Range and strength and duration

Third ability (anti null) 

places a buff around the player that will cancel out null affects such as leech or nullafires for party members that stay with in 6m max with range+ 15m or some distance that seems reasonable. Based on duration and range

forth ability (lithium) channeled 

become the literal power house frame places down a battery pack in front of him and all party members get to use his energy instead of there own. This drains his energy. Based on efficiency and duration as well as range.

grenieer based frame Is still being discussed with friends I’ll update this in a few days 

Well I did think of Nidus way, way before it was even announced that he was in the making and it is pretty creepy that the abilities are identical to the ones I’ve thought of. Almost makes me wonder if DE has a Stalker on me. Lol

But I have been thinking of faction based frames but I don’t know how that would work. With the way the origins of the other frames have been that would be kind of difficult. Hildryn is kind of corpus, but I have thought of one before. Like if Alad V had been working on a warframe design of his own using other frames and corpus technology. But soon gave up and focused on the infested and now sentients. But maybe Frohd Bek revived it and was successful until the tenno stepped in and sort of freed it from their control. Sort of like a Corpus Frankenstein. Kind of picture Alad V popping up and sent his minions at us while telling Frohd Bek “didn’t anybody tell you, you shouldn’t play with other people’s things?” Be a very interesting conversation. Probably too much nerd. Lol

Now a grineer concept I have been thinking about. More of a new grineer enemy, one that would be the bane of the Tenno. But for a warframe I was thinking that maybe as an origin the frame was a bit more militarized compared to most others. But was critically injured and had parts replaced with a more grineer enhanced cybernetics. Which gave it more physical enhancement far greater than other frames. Like higher jumps and greater damage while wielding hammers. Abilities would be center around being a very high arsenal frame. Like being able to increase the damage of melees by a lot due to its physical enhancements and being about to obliterate the map with its arsenal. Like firing out a bunch of homing rockets at the enemies. Provide some decent cover. And he would have like the highest armor in the entire game but probably low to no shields. Basically he would be a literal tank. 

I have ideas for a fan concept of my own but unless people are willing to actually discuss this type of frame I’m not really gonna go through that again with trolls. People who talk trash about an idea with no valid reason.

But good luck.  

9 hours ago, LazerusKI said:

While i like support Frames, making them completely immobile isnt really great. We had that with Vauban, which part of the reason he receives a rework.
It works only in Defense Missions, and not even in Sorties because the Target is mobile there.

The passive sounds interesting, i would like to see that someday.

Turret...not so much. Not for a 1. To really work, it should be more like an Exalted Drone or so, that way you can actually level it to let it stay relevant.
Again, look at Vaubans Tesla. Its basically an electric Turret in its current form...and it deals no damage because it doesnt scale.

Guard: Could be interesting, but raw Armor isnt that great. Enemies can reach insane amounts, they can level to 999 or so, while we are capped at level 30.
Even if we have 99% Damage Absorb, it doesnt matter when the enemy deals 30.000 damage. Its still a oneshot for some frames.
So instead of Armor, maybe a shield that has a chance to absorb an attack would be better? Or some kind of scaling Shield, like a personal Snowglobe?

Anti Null: Not really liking that one. Would be interesting as part of his own passive. Overload Nullifier Bubbles when he enters with full energy or so.

Lithium: If you want it as a deployable, a "charge ability" could work. Charge the Battery with your own Energy by holding the button, then release it.
Other Frames nearby then deplete that Energy from the Battery.

I would say the turret could be changed to like a tracked vehicle like rs car size or something and as far as lithium i would say that one would be good the way your describing like he drops the battery on the ground like frosts bubble. The null one would move with u but it’s duration would be short and the bubble small so that it’s not overly powerful.

i really like your idea for guard i think that it would be cool it just rips the armor/shields away from the enemy to completely negate 1-x number of rounds. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

But I have been thinking of faction based frames but I don’t know how that would work. With the way the origins of the other frames have been that would be kind of difficult. Hildryn is kind of corpus, but I have thought of one before. Like if Alad V had been working on a warframe design of his own using other frames and corpus technology. But soon gave up and focused on the infested and now sentients. But maybe Frohd Bek revived it and was successful until the tenno stepped in and sort of freed it from their control. Sort of like a Corpus Frankenstein. Kind of picture Alad V popping up and sent his minions at us while telling Frohd Bek “didn’t anybody tell you, you shouldn’t play with other people’s things?” Be a very interesting conversation. Probably too much nerd. Lol

Now a grineer concept I have been thinking about. More of a new grineer enemy, one that would be the bane of the Tenno. But for a warframe I was thinking that maybe as an origin the frame was a bit more militarized compared to most others. But was critically injured and had parts replaced with a more grineer enhanced cybernetics. Which gave it more physical enhancement far greater than other frames. Like higher jumps and greater damage while wielding hammers. Abilities would be center around being a very high arsenal frame. Like being able to increase the damage of melees by a lot due to its physical enhancements and being about to obliterate the map with its arsenal. Like firing out a bunch of homing rockets at the enemies. Provide some decent cover. And he would have like the highest armor in the entire game but probably low to no shields. Basically he would be a literal tank. 

I have ideas for a fan concept of my own but unless people are willing to actually discuss this type of frame I’m not really gonna go through that again with trolls. People who talk trash about an idea with no valid reason.

So actually had a discussion similar about the genieer frame and love the lore story you came up with for my frame i think that honestly people are going to have to start becoming use to the idea of new frame lore mainly because we are starting a new war and with a new war new weapons and creations are bound to happen in this universe at some point we may be able to build  our  own warframe like we built the zaw and kit gun. Who knows but it’s fun to think about. 

But i personally would love to hear your warframe ideas can’t happen unless they are heard. Plus would like to be optimistic and say i hope no trolls come but it is the internet. 

On 2019-10-10 at 12:42 PM, lostkeeper said:

So actually had a discussion similar about the genieer frame and love the lore story you came up with for my frame i think that honestly people are going to have to start becoming use to the idea of new frame lore mainly because we are starting a new war and with a new war new weapons and creations are bound to happen in this universe at some point we may be able to build  our  own warframe like we built the zaw and kit gun. Who knows but it’s fun to think about. 

But i personally would love to hear your warframe ideas can’t happen unless they are heard. Plus would like to be optimistic and say i hope no trolls come but it is the internet. 

Well for starters the stats I had in mind for the Grineer enhanced frame were like:

Health: 450

Shields: 150

Armor: 1,000

Speed: 0.9

Energy: 225

Mainly since grineer are known for having a crap load of armor. Usually 2-3x more than health for the more annoying ones. 

Passive: Physical enhancement that makes his jumps higher/further & faster, and increased damage for hammer type melees. Maybe has the ability to wield an extra primary for his heavy artillery/arsenal. Hold the switch button to wield both primaries with little to no zoom. Perfect for dual shotguns.  

Ability 1: Throws a seeking drone that sticks to enemies and explodes. Maybe even drains their armor or shields to inflict extra damage. Power strength and duration could determine the over all drain and damage. 

Ability 2: Sets down a tough barrier similar to the blunts set by grineer that absorbs projectiles. When timer or health reaches zero it pops and all the bullets or damage absorbed is inflicted back at the enemies nearby. 

Ability 3: kicks into overdrive where movement speed slightly increases, jump distance increases and melee damage is increased. Ground slam radius is increased as well. Primaries and secondaries gain explosive rounds. 

Ability 4: summons an exalted arch-gun that switches between a mini-gun that fires rapidly, fires multiple bullets at once like a shotgun, and being able to fire seeking rockets. 

Those were my original thoughts last year. Due to the release of the deployable arch-guns and such, that may not be an option but I wouldn’t be surprised if DE actually did implement them. 

There many alternatives but I don’t want to make this frame too much like an iron man suit. So I went with the most grineer based abilities.

The origin I had for this frame was definitely based on it being the biggest war machine than any other frame. But due to the damage it sustained it lost like 2 or more limbs and suffered some pretty fatal injuries until the Grineer got a hold of it and decided to make it one of their secret weapons. Eventually we fight it and manage to free it from their control. Mainly reminding it that the Grineer were the ones that not only nearly killed it but they turned it into their own personal weapon. 

I say “it” cause I don’t know what the gender should be. Been thinking male for a while but who knows what DE would decide at this point. 

The name that I’ve been tempted to call it is Ares being that it is suppose to be the biggest WAR machine of all. After all “Grineer use to be builders, now all they make is war”.

But these are just my suggestions/ideas for such a frame. Might need a drawing to help with the visuals but I’m definitely picturing something close to the shape of Rhino Prime but with more grineer style armor and larger forearms. Definitely cybernetic looking. 

With the idea I have for a new possible combat enhanced grineer enemy, this frame would be a decent one to bring against him. Kind of got a little too much map nuking frames so I figured another one that requires a little more skill to use that can also be damaging against bosses would be better. 

Again just my ideas. You’re free to use them to come up with and/or improve your own if you want. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins