Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Stormbringer Core On Synapse?

escape123

Question

22 answers to this question

If it increased base damage, Serration and other elements would be heavily boosted by it. I'm pretty sure it does just add a separate damage number that is also electric damage. It works that way with my Despair. I see a 55 and a 50 with only Piercing Hit on it. So why would it be different on the Synapse?

Can be.

This is only supported by the theory that the Synapse deals electric damage solely, instead of a certain type.

This has yet to be confirmed.

But if it is true, then Stormbringer will simply increase the base damage, yes.

Except that's not true on any other weapon that deals the same damage as an 'elemental damage' type. 'Elemental damage' mods still just add bonus damage unless something has changed in U10.

Edited by CitizenV

Except that's not true on any other weapon that deals the same damage as an 'elemental damage' type. 'Elemental damage' mods still just add bonus damage unless something has changed in U10.

No other weapon causes elemental damage boost able by mods other than the Ignis.

And I'm fairly certain that works as well.

If it doesn't boost base damage, it still adds damage of the exact same type.

No other weapon causes elemental damage boost able by mods other than the Ignis.

And I'm fairly certain that works as well.

If it doesn't boost base damage, it still adds damage of the exact same type.

It only adds damage of the same type, thus working exactly how it works on other weapons. I've tested this on multiple weapons with 'elemental damage' types (which really is a misleading term, but that's beside the point). I did not, however, test this on Synapse, but I don't see why it would function differently :o.

Edited by CitizenV

*facepalm* It's laser type damage

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_Damage

Taken from the link:

Innate Laser Weapons
  • Dera: effectively a "laser Braton," the Dera is quite powerful, though not recommended against Grineer.  The Dera is the only laser weapon at this time.

And in return I suggest you look at this link:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Supra

The box on the right side tells the damage type.

To clarify re Synapse and +elec mod;

It adds damage as the element normally would. IE It adds 90% of its base damage as electrical damage, and doesnt increase the base damage used to calculate other elementals.

The confusion arises because the elemental damage done is added to the base damage done to display one number for electric damage done. So it appears to increase the base damage, but its a display only thing - it wont increase the damage done by other elements installed.