Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why rolling guard is better than quick thinking and Adaptation

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

1 minute ago, FrostDragoon said:

I thought so too, but I kept hearing about how it doesn't. Wiki says it does, but I've seen testing videos that show it doesn't. Not sure what to think about that, actually. Wiki is usually correct, but not always...

I just went to the simulacrum now, it works.

Bombards went from doing 100 ish to 50 ish with Aviator and Agility Drift.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I just went to the simulacrum now, it works.

Bombards went from doing 100 ish to 50 ish with Aviator and Agility Drift.

I think i will have to try if she can survive a 165 bombard shot with aviator+aerodynamic but it's pretty useless considering she can't kill drones during arbitration.

Edited by bibmobello

Rolling guard has a 30% up-time. If you are taking damage at random times, which is usually the case since you cannot predict enemy attack patterns for the most part, that mean you have effectively 30% damage reduction if sampled over a long enough period of time. 

Quick Thinking gives your energy 1-1/2.4=58.333% damage reduction that stacks with your armor. The downside is the stagger.

Adaptation is a little harder to quantify its effectiveness since there are so many scenarios that you can consider. Assuming you have full stacks vs a single damage type, you will have between 20% and 70% damage reduction depending on the enemy (if they deal multiple damage types). If you are just building up your stacks it is even worse obviously.

• Rolling guard is best if you can predict taking damage most of the time (which is unrealistic).
  • Quick thinking is best for consistent damage reduction. (Fun fact, you only need 125 armor to have 70% DR which is the best case scenario for single resistance adaptation vs certain enemies. You need at least 250 armor if you are being damaged by puncture.)
  • Adaptation is the cherry on top for builds with other forms of damage reduction.

They all serve a different purpose, however I certainly would not take just rolling guard as my main defense.

I tried Titania with Quick thinking+ aviator+aerodynamic , she can sustain 5-6 shoots form a 155 eximus bombard with a full bar energy. Then i added adaptation and, or the simulacrum is broken or something will be nerfed soon...

Edited by bibmobello

I only use rolling guard on eidolon, you can ignore all the dmg/proc on magnetic pulses time if you time correctly when you don't have harrow, pair rolling guard with Amalgam Barrel Diffusion and it is pretty fast and fluid.

Other than that, I would use just for maybe some big cast animation in a dangerous place, or a dangerous mechanic, but I don't see that in the game right now.

Edited by MPonder
  • Like 1