Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

50 Forma Reward on Frames

(NSW)DEADSHOT500

Hey guys, I had an interesting idea, but its not likely to be implemented because it would make frames way too OP. What if you could forma a frame a certain number of times like say 15 or 20, or 50 if DE wanted to murder us. Doing this would give you the ability to pick an augment for that frame to now be considered an inherent part of that frames kit. Take Ash for example, say I forma ash 50 times and now I can have the seeking shuriken augment be part of Ash's kit without having to waste a mod slot, and now I have room for his rising storm augment in my build. What do you guys think? Lastly, what if this feature was only available on prime frames as a way of making primes more valuable to the players because right now they don't really have much going for them besides fashion frame and slightly better base stats.

Editted:

Hey guys, I understand you guys don't like formaing, but the concept as a whole doesn't have to be dependent on formas. That was just a easy way for me to get my point across. Also, the whole idea of this concept is to have something challenging to do that rewards you for completing it rather than RNG, and I used formas as an example because we all know how much DE loves to make us farm. Now is 50 forma ideal? No! So if you guys have a different idea for what the challenge would be, I'd love to hear it. What I'm most curious about about is what you guys think of the reward itself, and how it can be implemented rather than the specific challenges it takes to get that reward.

An alternative challenge could be completing 3 hour Mot survival with a frame to get the reward.

Edited by (NSW)DEADSHOT500

Eight replies so far. all critics. Nobody read the part:

" the concept as a whole doesn't have to be dependent on formas. That was just a easy way for me to get my point across. Also, the whole idea of this concept is to have something challenging to do that rewards you for completing it rather than RNG, and I used formas as an example"

And certainly, nobody replied to

" So if you guys have a different idea for what the challenge would be, I'd love to hear it. "

13 minutes ago, SpanishFreak said:

Eight replies so far. all critics. Nobody read the part:

" the concept as a whole doesn't have to be dependent on formas. That was just a easy way for me to get my point across. Also, the whole idea of this concept is to have something challenging to do that rewards you for completing it rather than RNG, and I used formas as an example"

And certainly, nobody replied to

" So if you guys have a different idea for what the challenge would be, I'd love to hear it. "

Well, op just added that. When we replied, it's not there yet, just the 50 forma thing... As for the challenge, what DE implemented is Nightwave and remember when there were challenging acts back then? They got removed... It would be nice to have augments as passive though, but wouldn't that make certain warframes way too overpowered? Saryn. Just imagine Saryn with 4 augments as passive, 3 umbra mods, adaptation... 0.o

Edited by Laudator
  • Like 1

Alright, even edited, I can tell you a single thing that will, unfortunately, stop this idea dead.

DE have, repeatedly, since the release of Frost Prime, had to tell people that they do not want the same frame to have different stats for the same mods setup. This has been slightly undermined by the Chroma and Atlas Prime releases, where their base Armour stats mean that their base abilities scale a little higher, but at the same time has been re-iterated so many times that it's rote.

If two people have the same Warframe, if they have the same mods on them, then the abilities act exactly the same. That's what is supposed to happen.

Merging in an Augment so it's a permanent feature, no matter what the cost or the achievements or the hoops you have to jump through, means that you no longer have to use that Augment as a mod, and so your build now acts differently to the person that has not done this and has the same build. Thus... no dice.

Now, sure, if you want to campaign for a better Augment system for Warframes, meaning that we all don't have to use them as a mod... fair do, go for it. But this particular idea isn't going to fly because it has been shot down before multiple times already.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would rather have an augment slot that costs no capacity.

3 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

Same. If you want/need more than 1, then put it in place of a regular mod.

That works for me as well! That is basically what I'm asking for in the first place is to be able to have room for more than one augment. But like you said earlier FrostDragoon is that "what sort of effort could justify allowing that on a frame."

I would love more rewards in the game for going above and beyond, but 50 Forma when only the first 6 did anything is pointless. If there was something for 3 Forma in every item or something, that's a little different, but wasting Forma for the sake of it shouldn't have rewards tied to it aside from the satisfaction of whoever went for it.

• Like 1

The general idea to add more long term investment into your warframes is good but as long as affinity and Forma work the way they do currently this would be a very tedious activity.

Problems I can see:

1.) Farming Hydron or ESO 24/7 (again).

2.) No sense of progression until you finally reach the threashold (even worse than Focus).

3.) Sounds like you wont be able to remove your inherent mod or repeat the whole farming all over again if your choice was poor

Aside from that I´d prefer something like unlocking additional augment-, exilus-, utility-,arcane-slots.

Edited by Arcira

Looks like another request for even more power creep. 

Look we already have the complaint about the lack of difficulty, and lack of challenge. Players on the upper end of the spectrum had a ball in Fortuna on release, players lower down had serious complaints. Same for arbitrations. 

The difference was due at least in part to having better builds. Most of us know that putting a few forma into our gear ramps us up to levels that the newbs can't even begin to match. 

Do we really need an additional 'slot' to widen that gap when we won't encounter anything that can stand up to us in normal play? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Looks like another request for even more power creep. 

Look we already have the complaint about the lack of difficulty, and lack of challenge. Players on the upper end of the spectrum had a ball in Fortuna on release, players lower down had serious complaints. Same for arbitrations. 

The difference was due at least in part to having better builds. Most of us know that putting a few forma into our gear ramps us up to levels that the newbs can't even begin to match. 

Do we really need an additional 'slot' to widen that gap when we won't encounter anything that can stand up to us in normal play? 

Reducing new features or grind progression goals to simple "power creep" has always struck me as a weak argument since the game has never really been balanced in its difficulty anyway and most of these kinds of suggestions are at their core a request for more build flexibility. The problem here is that when DE adds new/interesting mods to the game, a lot of them will just not see much (if any) play because mod space is already at a premium. Think about it this way: Other than exilus slots, our Warframes have had the same number of mod slots since about 2014 (give or take), yet we now have roughly double the number of mods to choose from... and we still only see maybe a dozen or so of the newer ones in current builds. Some builds just can't really afford to slot the augments into them, no matter how much that augment would be a fun idea.

This is still to say nothing of how most of the augments shouldn't even be separate mods but rather simply part of that frame's kit. Equinox is an especially egregious example.

Lastly, the complaint about difficulty is much less about "power creep" and more about the horrible balance between most of the content being <60 and enemy scaling being such that anything over about 120 or so just gets cheesed mechanically, so it the inverse of "Do we really need..." is "Does it really hurt anything?" The difference between the two is that the latter of the two brings more potential for fun, experimentation, and exploration while the former is boring inherently through "preserve the (awful) status quo."

• Like 2