Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to FIX WARFRAME

FreddyCawthon1987

After spending a thousand of hours playing this game. I have some ideas about how to improve warframe. I'm not good at English, sorry for that.

Attract new players

1. No platinum purchase weapons and warframes in the in-game market. Please! we all thought your game was pay-to-win, which is not.

2. Make new players begin easily. Give them good starter item, enough for them to go through 2-3 planet and quests. The first warframe in the game (Excal, Mag, Volt) is already good the weapon is not. When I tried Warframe for a few hours, I gave up because I failed the mission. The weapon is too weak. Then I saw many weapons in the in-game market and I thought spending money is the only way.

3. More guide for new players. I know the quests already guide the players but they are not enough (ex. how to mod weapons correctly, how to get prime weapons). The players won't research in wiki or youtube if they are not interested in the game yet.

Maintain old players

1. More Lvl = better rewards. Repeating the same mission is what we are tired of playing this game. It takes too much time and feel hopeless. I spent about 8 hours for farming the new weapons, Acceltra and Akarius and still haven't got it.

Bring more options for high lvl missions and increase the drop rate or rarer items. Players won't complains about RNG and have the reason for modding our weapons.

2. Fewer but stronger enemies. This problem causes AoE weapons (Ignis W, Arcar Plasmor, Scoliac) to be the most popular. The enemy is one-hit but too many. Why don't we bring fewer but stronger enemies. Maybe players should fail the mission sometimes. So we can be more excited when seeing enemies.  We could finish the mission faster and have the reason for modding our weapons.

Edited by FreddyCawthon1987
  • Like 2

vor 6 Minuten schrieb FreddyCawthon1987:

1. No platinum purchase

I absolutly agree on this one. Well, not absolutly, but mostly. There are very few Warframes and weapons which are actually quite worth the asking price. Ivara, Hema, stuff like that. It whould be nice to have the option to buy the hard to get items, but the majority, which is rather easy to abtain should not have a Platinum option.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb FreddyCawthon1987:

3. More guide

That has been an internal project for literally years. It's just increadibly hard, since Warframe has so much content. As somebody who has been with the game since the month it went into open Beta I can testify, there have been many good steps in this direction, but it's incredibly hard. Not just for Warframe, but other, similar games was well. I gave Destiny 2 a chance, scine it's now free to start and I fell pretty much just as lost as new players describe there beginning in Warframe. I started Path of Exile a few months ago and the same thing was true there.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb FreddyCawthon1987:

I spent about 8 hours for farming the new weapons, Acceltra and Akarius and still haven't got it.

Well, that's just RNG. And it's a prime example for my exception of weapons where it's fine to have them in the store, but the existence of rare items is not a problem. For example, I've played WoW for quite some time and I still haven't got my Phoenix-mount after literal years.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb FreddyCawthon1987:

2. Fewer but stronger enemies.

BIIIIIIIG YES!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

Fewer but stronger enemies.

... For other platforms, yes. The gamepad shouldn't get broken on the first mission... Otherwise, no. Stronger enemies, but make sure they're of sufficient high number that it'll bury Serious Sam into a dark corner, with shame.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

Fewer but stronger enemies. This problem causes AoE weapons (Ignis W, Arcar Plasmor, Scoliac) to be the most popular. The enemy is one-hit but too many. Why don't we bring fewer but stronger enemies. Maybe players should fail the mission sometimes. So we can be more excited when seeing enemies.  We could finish the mission faster and have the reason for modding our weapons.

Yes please. Only a few weapons get the spotlight all the time, and the rest just look negligible. I can understand if the point of killing loads of enemies at once is to emphasize the power of the Tenno, but gameplay-wise, it's gotten old and uninteresting (unless, of course, you're into that kind of thing).

• Like 1

Here I am, thinking there isn't enough enemies on the map.

AKA, I hate your idea behind less enemies.  I love there there are so many enemies.  Makes it chaotic, and fun.

Also, most of the best weapons in the game are not AoE weapons.  AoE makes for good farming weapons, but high level missions, you're going to see more Soma's, Tigris's, etc.  Single target high damage weapons.

===================

ALso, no plat purchases?  I think they like money for weapons and warframes.  Not happening, and don't blame them.

I wouldn't mind adding mutators to missions to make drop rates higher.

Edited by Klaleara
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

1. No platinum purchase weapons and warframes in the in-game market. Please! we all thought your game was pay-to-win, which is not.

I partially agree with this, but all non-cosmetic items are actually obtainable in game without buying....they just need to better express that in the market to help people who don't know that. Maybe have it tell you where to earn in-game before you confirm purchase.

26 minutes ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

2. Make new players begin easily. Give them good starter item, enough for them to go through 2-3 planet and quests. The first warframe in the game (Excal, Mag, Volt) is already good the weapon is not. When I tried Warframe for a few hours, I gave up because I failed the mission. The weapon is too weak. Then I saw many weapons in the in-game market and I thought spending money is the only way.

27 minutes ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

3. More guide for new players. I know the quests already guide the players but they are not enough (ex. how to mod weapons correctly, how to get prime weapons). The players won't research in wiki or youtube if they are not interested in the game yet.

I can't give input on these. My new game experience was before the current iteration. We also didn't have the MK-1 weapons back then.

40 minutes ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

1. More Lvl = better rewards. Repeating the same mission is what we are tired of playing this game. It takes too much time and feel hopeless. I spent about 8 hours for farming the new weapons, Acceltra and Akarius and still haven't got it.

I mostly agree with this. It'd be nice if more gameplay improved the quantity and rarity of items in some way. If repeated runs of something in a given time frame had higher chance for rare rewards and higher resource drop quantities. I've suggested a similar idea for endless missions providing higher quantity/rarity chance the longer you stay.

48 minutes ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

2. Fewer but stronger enemies. This problem causes AoE weapons (Ignis W, Arcar Plasmor, Scoliac) to be the most popular. The enemy is one-hit but too many. Why don't we bring fewer but stronger enemies. Maybe players should fail the mission sometimes. So we can be more excited when seeing enemies.  We could finish the mission faster and have the reason for modding our weapons.

Too many people enjoy the hoard style game play, so we don't need fewer enemies. We do completely need more stronger enemy types like Nox incorporated into common gameplay to switch up the flow and encourage things other than aoe kill frames. We need more enemies with specific weaknesses and resistance to aoe damage, and damage in general unless certain circumstances are met. 

• Like 3

As of point 1, All DE needs to do is better convey the fact that there are alternative methods to purchasing the weapons than with platinum. 

• If the weapon can be acquired via grind, point the player to where the parts drop
  • If the weapon can be acquired via clan research it should be specified 

Starter weapons are fine, what they need is to make it more clear where/how you get other weapons and they really don't which rolls right into the more/better guides which I fully agree with. Cause right now ya pretty much have to throw your hands up and dig through the wiki for way too much in Warframe and honestly that isn't good design it's a crutch.

Then we get into older player retention and the first point is a bit counter intuitive

You suggest making higher level mobs drop better loot ostensibly to take the edge off the grind, something that newer players need far more than older players. Removing the grind from a grind game just because you'd been grinding for X time is all the more incentive to one and done and go play another game.

Fewer but stronger enemies..... just slows everything down to a crawl and actually kinda negates having better drops by proxy of now you encounter everything less frequently. So you almost end up in a place where things just level out and you're essentially in the same place you ever where. Only now it's extra boring~ 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

As of point 1, All DE needs to do is better convey the fact that there are alternative methods to purchasing the weapons than with platinum. 

• If the weapon can be acquired via grind, point the player to where the parts drop
  • If the weapon can be acquired via clan research it should be specified 

It is, in the market, when you highlight "blueprint".

The better approach would be to remove purchasable items from the arsenal, so players have to look at the info in the market. Arsenal shows only plat price (with a few exceptions) until you click purchase, which can make bad impression.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

It is, in the market, when you highlight "blueprint".

The better approach would be to remove purchasable items from the arsenal, so players have to look at the info in the market. Arsenal shows only plat price (with a few exceptions) until you click purchase, which can make bad impression.

Hmmm I wouldn't remove them from the arsenal, that's probably where they get some of their best plat sell throughs, but they should definitely leverage that (super annoying) drop down info on hover that they love so much to convey alternative methods of acquisition without needing to click on it like you're buying it. 

Maybe even have a check box button at the bottom that works similarly to the show blueprints filter in the market. 

• Like 2

Just now, Oreades said:

but they should definitely leverage that (super annoying) drop down info on hover that they love so much to convey alternative methods of acquisition without needing to click on it like you're buying it. 

Maybe even have a check box button at the bottom that works similarly to the show blueprints filter in the market. 

I can agree with that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

Bring more options for high lvl missions and increase the drop rate or rarer items. Players won't complains about RNG and have the reason for modding our weapons.

Never gonna happen. DE had explicitly said they don't want to incentive higher level missions like that.

• Like 1

While this is a bit of a sensitive topic due to everyone having a lot of thoughts on the matter, and whenever such a thought doesn't match another's, pitchforks come to play, there is one thing that would "fix" the current state of the game.
Information.
From the very first confused newbie steps of not knowing weapon classification, currencies, resources and even commands, to those mechanics further in such as how to start a quest not displayed in the codex, which things will only respond to void energy, how to encounter a teralyst, and absolutely everything that the players need to rely on other players or the chat bot to find out. 
To add to which, hiding information behind menus, unexplained icons or special commands is not considered a solution by any user-accessibility standard. Where do players learn what a resource drone is in order to know how to match these two words with a a button hiding a nondescript icon on the star chart? Do they have this knowledge the moment they learn they need to farm alloy plate for the first time? How do they know, even after completing a codex entry for an enemy, what the icons shown in the description mean? A player seeing strange symbols in red or green will not make them wonder "what makes corrosive damage" and search for mods with the two statuses that need to be combined. No, they will first need to consult another player or an external source to learn what the symbol actually represents. Once they have, they will also be informed of the elements needed, so the issue of this only being written in the temporary rolling tips of the upgrade menu "disappears". However, facts stand, this info is not present ingame.
A plethora of similar examples exist. Adding item descriptions to chat links was a good bandaid approach but even this has not been completed - not all items contain all of the information others do. In fact, some don't contain information at all. Inspect the Synthetic Eidolon Shard for example.  Let's not even go into the grand deal of players being angry and raving about the game being broken because they do not understand what is going on exactly (e.g. "Limbo Theorem bugged" = nothing told me to craft the part I've obtained in order to proceed). This too can be blamed on the lack of data relating to the complication they've suffered.

tl;dr
Not providing basic information is what this game's main problem is. Fixing that in a proper manner will "fix the game".

• Like 1

Nope I wanna buy some weapons and that is the only thing i spend plat on (also cosmetics) i dont have the patience to farm for a new weapon

Also i dont buy platinum i just trade with people and this is the only way i support DE is by buying stuff from their market

Fewer enemies is a no from me I want more things to shoot at in a third person shooting game 

If i wanted few enemies i would play something else

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

More guide for new players. I know the quests already guide the players but they are not enough (ex. how to mod weapons correctly, how to get prime weapons). The players won't research in wiki or youtube if they are not interested in the game yet.

Nah. If I was guided in my first few weeks of warframe, I'd arrive at the realization there is no endgame and no proper reason for the grinding, even sooner. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

2. Fewer but stronger enemies.

Actually, I'd prefer the opposite. I love mowing down lots of trash. To make that more fun with a wider selection of weapons, I believe pretty much all weapons should have punch through on corpses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Askorti said:

Actually, I'd prefer the opposite. I love mowing down lots of trash. To make that more fun with a wider selection of weapons, I believe pretty much all weapons should have punch through on corpses.

I'd prefer both.

Lots of fodder type enemies to mow down or nuke with 1 button (4) at low levels.

Then fewer but more challenging enemies which require some methodical and tactical approaches at higher levels.

With both, you also cater to more people. People who like easy nuke fantasies, go low level. People that want slower, methodical, combat, go higher. People that want something in the middle, maybe arbitration, kuva flood, sorties, disruptions. 

Edited by Xepthrichros

On 2019-10-10 at 9:22 AM, FreddyCawthon1987 said:

DE has been working on this slowly but surely. It is unlikely they'll remove it entirely, because it is asked of by some people and it is a method of monetization, but they seem to be making strides toward putting the credits / non-plat options at the forefront to ease the P2W feel. That's pretty much the closest compromise one could reasonably ask for.

I think these are linked. Players keep using sub-par weapons because they don't have the right guidance to get the better weapons. Thus, solve 3 and players would end up fixing 2.

As with the in-game market, though: baby steps.

I doubt increasing drop rates would help that much. You'd have to play the same mission over and over, be it 4 hours or 8 hours, and it's less the time and more the repetition that goes into it I think. That could call for a restructure of how missions are handled, so it isn't as repetitive? See, e.g., doing invasion missions to access the boss for the Hemocyst. There's some break-up of the monotony in that. Once something like that is in place, the drop rates can be fiddled with so it doesn't feel like it takes an inordinate amount of time and doesn't feel repetitive.

I would say, instead: vary the enemy density, either between individual missions or within a mission. People like nuking hoards of enemies, so trashing that outright is ill-advised. But repetition isn't ideal, either. IMO, the more room-by-room variance there is, the less repetitive things could feel. Heck, we have Sortie modifiers and Conduit modifiers. Throw one of those on enemies that spawn in a random room (or, I would say, put it behind one of those team-unlock doors with a HUD warning that lists the modifier in the next room, so teams aren't blindsighted by it but it still breaks things up a touch).

Granted, Warframes are, by and large, able to nuke just about everything anyway so those 'more powerful enemies' would just equate to fewer blips that disappear from the minimap. So there's that.

В 10/10/2019 в 7:22 PM, FreddyCawthon1987 сказал:

2.Fewer but stronger enemies. This problem causes AoE weapons (Ignis W, Arcar Plasmor, Scoliac) to be the most popular. The enemy is one-hit but too many. Why don't we bring fewer but stronger enemies. Maybe players should fail the mission sometimes. So we can be more excited when seeing enemies. We could finish the mission faster and have the reason for modding our weapons.

Just add the game strong enemies, the type of generals, or large robots (such to fit in the conditions of narrow corridors). There is no reason to reduce the number of ordinary enemies, because they are so few. But it would be great to have good enemies from whom nuck frames will burn and at the same time we will not infringe on people who love mass murder, because for them there is always a job to clean up trash mobs around the General.