Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick-Melee & Melee Channeling...

fr4gb4ll

the change to the quick-melee/gunplay usage was a good one - except for one thing: the way the formerly toggled channeling is now automated disabled again whenever you draw your gun. sure, the toggle works as before if you stay in melee-mode altogether, but... as soon as you even do one little aim-glide, which is one of the most important ways to move around for seasond warframe players since it was introduced, the melee-channeling is disabled again and since the little change in the frames and weapons "energy aura" is rather hard to spot in the middle of a battlefield full of FX from friend and foe alike, and since we don't got any gui-indicator about our channeling status (btw: why is that so, when every other status is put into it already?) it's a tad annoying to always wonder (and watching the energy for any drain instead of more pressing things) if the channeling is active or not.

i don't see any reason why, once activated, the melee-channeling stays active until either it's being manually deactivated again or ones energy runs out to operate its use. since it's bind to a button of its own, there is little risk for people who don't want their energy 'wasted' by it, so that surely isn't a valid reason not to do it. channeling also doesn't interfere with the gunplay part of warframe, so the auto-deactivation isn't necessary for this either. as far as i can see, this problem derived only from the 'old' method where we could select the melee weapon in the same way we could primary or secondary weapons - though even then, channeling could have stayed 'active' when switching weapon types. it seem it was only an oversight made when the new system was introduced (as some other bug that are now fixed also indicated some 'consequences' missed ^^)

i know this 'problem' can be circumvented by equipping only a melee weapon, but that poor band aid for it. i know also that i could 'fix' it myself by running a scrips that always re-activate the melee-channeling after it was auto-deactivated when aim-gliding was used or when i switched to a gun inbetween, but that surely shouldn't be the way to fix a simple thing like that, right?

so please, let us use channeling without this annoying hassle and if possible, put a symbol for it on the gui (one more sure can't hurt when i often have a dozent and more on the display).

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I also want to have manual equip and manual block back, but I already know I'm not getting it. You should expect the same for channeling...

maybe, but DE never said explicit why channeling behaves like it does, so it might be they just forgot to change it into a more fitting way to handle. but true, they also had no real reason beside not wanting to change more code then necessary for the option to equip melee the way it was before the change (except again by circumventing this when one only equips a melee weapon).

i also don't belive that DE likes player using scripts to redeem those supposed design flaws... it's easy enough to do though but i hate it when a game forces me to use such an option - and sadly, warframe isn't a game whereupon a modding community could change those flaws too. i rather think DE isn't deeming this melee misbehaviour(s) important enough to fix it quickly and will do so at some later date (whenever that might be)... so it can't hurt reminding them that ther ARE some player who think this an issue (like rubbing salt into a wound ^^)

2 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I mean, channeling is explicitly gonna be removed for it's lack of purpose/use anyways, so it's unlikely anything about it's functionality it's gonna change.

"you mean" or is this something that was announced by DE?

as for a lack pf purpose, i can only say that when using inaros whom i build tanky to the extreme, i don't need any energy for abilities and use channeling my melee weapon (which i use 90% of the time playing inaros). the zaw i use also have the arcane installed that make use of channeling and therefore increasing the damage output drastically... so, i don't see any lack of purpose for channeling just because the seemingly 'majority' of players don't use it...

1 minute ago, fr4gb4ll said:

"you mean" or is this something that was announced by DE?

as for a lack pf purpose, i can only say that when using inaros whom i build tanky to the extreme, i don't need any energy for abilities and use channeling my melee weapon (which i use 90% of the time playing inaros). the zaw i use also have the arcane installed that make use of channeling and therefore increasing the damage output drastically... so, i don't see any lack of purpose for channeling just because the seemingly 'majority' of players don't use it...

It was announced in the initial outlines for Melee 3.0. Channeling is being removed (along with the combo counter) and replaced with a Super Mode/Devil Trigger type ability. As far as I know, nothing has been announced so far that indicates their not still gonna removed it. In fact, the aforementioned combo counter change is coming about the end of this month from the latest Devstream.

2 minutes ago, Atsia said:

It was announced in the initial outlines for Melee 3.0. Channeling is being removed (along with the combo counter) and replaced with a Super Mode/Devil Trigger type ability. As far as I know, nothing has been announced so far that indicates their not still gonna removed it. In fact, the aforementioned combo counter change is coming about the end of this month from the latest Devstream.

urgh....thx... i sure hope DE has at least this time thought of possible 'unforeseen consequences", unlike they did with some other changes in the past.