Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

garuda augment dread ward

dj100ducks

im making this post becasue of the fact that garuda dread ward augment is so broken it not usble becasue the mirror dosent do enouge damage to make it worth while and i had a idea make the dread ward into a bubble shield

while it may sound stupid it works better then become unkillbie  for 5 secs when  it rips the life force out of emeny which it really cant at all becasue of the fact that the mirror deal such low amonts of damage them selfs that it makes it moot the bubble shield would make a four shield tringle around garuda and protect her on all side for a set amount of health for each dread mirror  that they can be destroyed  and that is my idea and i hope de reads this i dont want to be mean but the dread ward is to broken to let it be this way for years to come

I'm really, really trying not to come off as Elitist when I say this, but do you know how much damage 'instant kill when enemy is 35% Health or lower' actually can be?

The problem that I think you're going to have is that Garuda is one of those few frames who functions better and better the higher the enemy levels get. Her abilities are designed so that they play off percentages, not off flat damage. Dread Ward is storing up damage based on a percentage of damage taken, the kill function is a percentage of enemy max health, her healing is based on the percentage of her health is missing, and her energy regen is based on the percentage of her health sacrificed.

So, if you're putting on a decent build, you can get her Blood Altar going and strip your health to 1 with your Bloodletting, and it's back at 50% or higher again in 1 second.

Her 4, for example, does pretty much no damage as a base ability, but again, with the right build? You mark enemies for a guaranteed Bleed and throw that ball from your 1 at them for a guaranteed bomb of damage that can scale right through level 1000 enemies if you've got the trick of it.

So the key to using the Augment is to use it against the right level of enemies. Use her full schema of abilities to get an enemy down to low health, rip him to pieces with her 1 for the instant kill, you are now invulnerable to damage while high level enemies shoot your Dread Ward to charge it up with insane amounts of damage, retreat to your place of safety while this happens. Restore energy with your 3/2 combo, hit them all with 4 again, blast them for massive damage and incredible bleeds, use your 1 again to rip an enemy that's newly at low health from your combo. Repeat until bored of scaling.

While I, personally, don't use Garuda a lot, the scaling she has is undeniable, and the safety that this Augment gives her means that even when her shield goes down, her other abilities should ensure that going to replenish the shield is not an immediately fatal action.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I'm really, really trying not to come off as Elitist when I say this, but do you know how much damage 'instant kill when enemy is 35% Health or lower' actually can be?

The problem that I think you're going to have is that Garuda is one of those few frames who functions better and better the higher the enemy levels get. Her abilities are designed so that they play off percentages, not off flat damage. Dread Ward is storing up damage based on a percentage of damage taken, the kill function is a percentage of enemy max health, her healing is based on the percentage of her health is missing, and her energy regen is based on the percentage of her health sacrificed.

So, if you're putting on a decent build, you can get her Blood Altar going and strip your health to 1 with your Bloodletting, and it's back at 50% or higher again in 1 second.

Her 4, for example, does pretty much no damage as a base ability, but again, with the right build? You mark enemies for a guaranteed Bleed and throw that ball from your 1 at them for a guaranteed bomb of damage that can scale right through level 1000 enemies if you've got the trick of it.

So the key to using the Augment is to use it against the right level of enemies. Use her full schema of abilities to get an enemy down to low health, rip him to pieces with her 1 for the instant kill, you are now invulnerable to damage while high level enemies shoot your Dread Ward to charge it up with insane amounts of damage, retreat to your place of safety while this happens. Restore energy with your 3/2 combo, hit them all with 4 again, blast them for massive damage and incredible bleeds, use your 1 again to rip an enemy that's newly at low health from your combo. Repeat until bored of scaling.

While I, personally, don't use Garuda a lot, the scaling she has is undeniable, and the safety that this Augment gives her means that even when her shield goes down, her other abilities should ensure that going to replenish the shield is not an immediately fatal action.

This right here. I friggin love Garuda for all of this. I just came here to say Amen. She's by far one of my favorite frames to play! 👍👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dj100ducks said:

you do know the shield dosent have the insta kill effect right only the claws 

You press 1, you use the claws, you get the shield, it's one ability. Pressing 1 on an enemy less than 35% health kills them instantly, no matter their level, and with the Augment, killing that enemy with your 1 gives you Invincibility.

Thus I gave you the advice to use the other abilities in combo to ensure that you can reduce an enemy to 35% health so that you can perpetuate this function.

Please tell me... what point are you trying to make with this comment here?