Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Language Preference Option. Communication issues with "star" speaking players in pubs.

Rasdan

It's obvious not every Warframe players speaks english.

It's awkward when you entered a pub mission where player are speaking in different language, or worse "stars" (AKA Not using latin letters) 🙄

For example:

(PlayerA: *********************)

(PlayerB: ***)

(Me: What the hell are you talking about?)

(PlayerA: *******)

(PlayerC: ****** My Nickname ***********?)

This kind of problem is quite prevalent on Asia servers. Worst case scenario, you ended up with two squad members which speaks the same native language (also able to speak english). And whatever  reason you did to them, they start talking about you in their own language. It might be positive or negative, but it puts you on an extremely awkward situation. If you ever did this before. Chat via PM next time so you won't offend anyone.

Empyrean Update is around the corner. it's no surprise that communication will become an extremely useful tool in such mission. It would be wise to give language preferences as a new option. Similar function that Dota 2 has. If the player is a bilingual, give him an option to choose multiple languages.

This is to enable communication with players in pub missions. But of course, Server chat is still universal (Region, Recruitment, and Trade) based on the server player is in.

So basically you are mad because you got talked about. I don't really see why that needs any sort of change. Ignore the players if that bothers you that much? (I'd talk smack about you too if you made that response to me talking in my native tongue to another person. No one is obligated to speak your language.)

And even if the language wasn't starred, you'd still not know what they are saying.

19 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

So basically you are mad because you got talked about. I don't really see why that needs any sort of change. Ignore the players if that bothers you that much? (I'd talk smack about you too if you made that response to me talking in my native tongue to another person. No one is obligated to speak your language.)

And even if the language wasn't starred, you'd still not know what they are saying.

I believe that's not the point. There are potential players (such as me) capable of speaking two or even more languages. Sometimes when you meet, for example, a player who can only speak Chinese but you are currently in English client, the situation will be extremely awkward. The feeling that the game is putting a restriction on you from communicating with other players is uncomfortable.

Sometimes the in-squad voice chat is not the best solution either. If you are in a dormitory or somewhere similar, perhaps it's not the best idea to yell at your mic like a maniac at midnight. Typing is the only feasible way of communication here.

Anyway, my point is that there are indeed real demand on this issue being fixed in some ways. In the upcoming versions, it seems DE is promoting team play to a whole new level. Solving this problem may vastly improve many players' experience.

I would definitely like a language preference in matchmaking. I am playing in Asia and almost every match I met with "***" speaking people (likely Chinese people, but I don't know).  When Empyrean drops this could be a huge issue because how the railjack missions requires teamwork and communication. How am I supposed to communicate if me and the person I am talking to doesn't understand what me or he/she/they saying? I will stay out of public Railjack missions if this issue keeps ongoing.

Edited by DrivaMain