Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal medallions

(XBOX)Umbra Howl

Universal medallions is only worth 1,000 because I did the math and Its a 5% drop chance from disruption. In total medallions you need is 2,097 of those include emeny syndicates,open world syndicates,event syndicates,and cephalon simaris. Please increase the drop chance of this item and I think the player base would agree on this to.

Edited by (XB1)Umbrahowl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Umbrahowl said:

because I did the math on it

Maybe you want to show us the math you did?

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Umbrahowl said:

in total it takes almost half a years of farm that to get it..

What is "that", what is "it"? Maybe you want to be a little bit more clear what you are talking about.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Umbrahowl said:

In total medallions you need is 2,097 of those

Again, show us your math. And why would you do EVERYTHING in the game with only universal medallions? That's like only ever using the weakest weapon. 

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Half a year to what? Can you please reword this so it's easier to understand?

5 minutes per roll, 5% chance (20 reward rolls per medallion on average).

2097 * 5 mins * 20 = 209600 minutes = 3493 hours = 145 days.

Most syndicates are 240k rep each for max rank from neutral so that's 240 medallions per syndicate + whatever you need to raise back from negative rank. Honestly speaking there is no point in even using these medallions for anything. You can just farm rep the normal way faster and trade for items from enemy syndicates.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

5 minutes per roll, 5% chance (20 reward rolls per medallion on average).

2097 * 5 mins * 20 = 209600 minutes = 3493 hours = 145 days.

Thank you, this makes sense.

@(XB1)Umbrahowl

Universal medallions were meant as an alternative to regular methods, ideally for those sick of farming whichever the relevant thing is. It was never meant as a substitute, although increasing the value is probably something they'll do soon-ish

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

does conclave have something in it already to turn in items for standing?
no, so there is no way to use them for that.
as if there was already items for you to exchange for conclave standing then they would have been usable

There also wasn't for simaris, but then they added it at simaris himself. It's probably still an option for conclave... I just haven't tried it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

does conclave have something in it already to turn in items for standing?
no, so there is no way to use them for that.
as if there was already items for you to exchange for conclave standing then they would have been usable

They have the ability to add this feature. The Simaris shop did not have the option before. Your argument doesn’t work.

The fact is they said they would be able to be used in Conclave, and then took their word back. I don’t need a logical vindication here. I understand their logic for the decision, but saying something and then taking it back is never a good look.

• Like 2

Honestly I wish they could be used for Conclave just to see people get salty and burnt out over farming solely for the medallions.

Assuming one has time to play when others are on for Conclave we're talking about turning a month long grind into several of doing the exact same thing for hours on end.

Its not supposed to be something you farm.

Its more like an alternate reward (i guess it was supposed to be good). Its more like the synthetic shard in eso. Both are trash and like the synthetic shard, they ll just forgot they exist and never do anything about them.

And honnestly, its better like that. Farming standing without doing anything related to the syndicate would be an awful mistake. I dont know what they are thinking about.

Anyways, they already ruined open worlds syndicates. They can go a step further at this point...

And the guys who are still complaining about conclave... 5% for 1k standing... Idk what to say... It looks like arguing with flat earther...

1 hour ago, belanya said:

Its not supposed to be something you farm.

Its more like an alternate reward (i guess it was supposed to be good). Its more like the synthetic shard in eso. Both are trash and like the synthetic shard, they ll just forgot they exist and never do anything about them.

And honnestly, its better like that. Farming standing without doing anything related to the syndicate would be an awful mistake. I dont know what they are thinking about.

Anyways, they already ruined open worlds syndicates. They can go a step further at this point...

And the guys who are still complaining about conclave... 5% for 1k standing... Idk what to say... It looks like arguing with flat earther...

If it's not supposed to be something you farm then why does is exist in a game literally focused around farming everything. It's not an alternate rewards when getting one feels about as satisfying as getting 100 nanospores added to the stack of 20 million I already have. All the main syndicates are already farmed by doing absolutely nothing related to them. Only with Simaris you are actually required to go out of your way to look for targets, unless you are just going to get the rep passively through other teammates' scans.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

I say ditch the item, the syndicates that it can be used for have so many methods of rep grind that it comes off as a golden turd of a reward. Oh yay a UM i rather have axi relics, kuva or gauss parts than this waste if inventory space. 5% for a 1000 rep is weak when i can get 15 of the medallions for my syndicates a day. Conclave was the only use i have for these and now they waste away in my inventory and i can't even sell them for credits to get any type of value from them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Citation please? I don't remember them promising that, only acknowledging that a lot of people wanted it

5 hours ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

They have the ability to add this feature. The Simaris shop did not have the option before. Your argument doesn’t work.

The fact is they said they would be able to be used in Conclave, and then took their word back. I don’t need a logical vindication here. I understand their logic for the decision, but saying something and then taking it back is never a good look.

On 2019-08-29 at 4:35 PM, [DE]Megan said:

We are planning on making ‘Universal’ mean a bit more here and in a future Hotfix this will be usable in Conclave, Simaris, and Vent Kids as well. 

We are starting small with this item as it has potential for a large impact on various economy elements that we want to carefully measure, but expect iteration and larger versions of these for rewards! Anything from special Alerts featuring multiple, future drop tables, and more! 

Conclave being crossed out was an edit made after they announced that they wouldn't be usable there.

"Planning on" isn't exactly a promise and made it clear they wanted to observe the effects of these. So there really wasn't anything for them to take back.

Edited by trst

46 minutes ago, trst said:

Conclave being crossed out was an edit made after they announced that they wouldn't be usable there.

"Planning on" isn't exactly a promise and made it clear they wanted to observe the effects of these. So there really wasn't anything for them to take back.

I checked, and the crossed out text was NOT part of an edit. It was already crossed out in whatever Google doc Megan copy-pasted it from

I checked, and the crossed out text was NOT part of an edit. It was already crossed out in whatever Google doc Megan copy-pasted it from

Really? Odd I don't recall it being crossed out when the update went live. Still it wasn't promised and if it was originally crossed out then there is even less of a reason for people to be surprised by their exclusion from Conclave.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

i havent seen a option to use it in simaris

4 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

I say ditch the item, the syndicates that it can be used for have so many methods of rep grind that it comes off as a golden turd of a reward. Oh yay a UM i rather have axi relics, kuva or gauss parts than this waste if inventory space. 5% for a 1000 rep is weak when i can get 15 of the medallions for my syndicates a day. Conclave was the only use i have for these and now they waste away in my inventory and i can't even sell them for credits to get any type of value from them.

Plague star tho

3 minutes ago, GmG-ITA said:

Well darn, and here I was thinking I could respect Megan for not using admin powers to apply invisible edits (normally she uses the same visible edits that the rest of us players have to use)

@trst Pinging you on this because it turns out you were right after all

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 1

Well darn, and here I was thinking I could respect Megan for not using admin powers to apply invisible edits (normally she uses the same visible edits that the rest of us players have to use)

@trst Pinging you on this because it turns out you were right after all

I am not sure where the aggression is coming from over this. I did not say they ‘promised’ it. Only that it was once said that they would be available for it, and then they rescinded that statement. 

They have every right to do so, but it caused a lot of positive hype amongst players who have joined post any time where conclave was active, and have struggled to obtain standing as queuing for matches - at least in my experience on x1 - is all but a fruitless effort.

I occasionally find matches in free for all but usually matches against the try hards who are just honestly more skilled than I am at PVP. I know you’ll likely say the get better but the fact is, getting better at PVP isn’t on my list of things to do. When we thought there was an opportunity to get standing playing the game the way we love it, it was exciting news. to have that rescinded just stinks, and that’s okay. I’m not saying DE is horrible, it’s just not a good look.