Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Drop Chance Booster

cmacq

So as was foretold, Baro has this for sale. Is there any real benefit for someone who has been playing the game for a while? Where would you use it? I think I'll try one but I'm having trouble really seeing how it's valuable.

For anyone who doesn't actually need to farm a mod from something that doesn't have a 100% mod drop rate the only application is farming to sell. Which pretty much only includes Condition Overload which will likely crash in price eventually due to more people farming it because of the booster.

If you don't want to farm mods for profit then the booster is just a worse way to farm endo.

• Like 1

There are very few rare mods you'll want that are not mission rewards or from enemies with a 100% mod drop chance. 

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Farming mods like Condition Overload for trading.

Or maybe for the Profit-Taker Orb, if you want all the dual Archwing mods...

Arch dual mods are fixed drops from end of mission though.

Edited by BansheePrime
merged

500 ducks for it seems kinda outrageous to me.

If you're a noob and would get the most use out of it, 500 ducks is a pretty hefty sum.

If you're not a noob, 500 d's is still a sizable chunk for something that'd only contribute to the drip-feed of mods into your collection and eventually the scraps of Endo you get from it.

if I could buy it as an inventory gear wheel consumable like beacons, so I could hold on to it until I could actually make use of the 3 days... I MIGHT buy that actually... however, I'll be out of town tomorrow, and at work most of monday... so it's pathetically useless (as are most boosters) to me.

Since I don't like Arbitrations, but would like Adaptation and Rolling Guard (eh, why not?) and as I understand it, they're both mod drops from enemies in arbitrations, I'd like to spend as little time in Arbitrations as possible to get them... this mod drop booster would help with that. Any extras would be nice to sell to people who can't access arbitrations yet, but still want said mods.

This is also one reason I haven't bough the PS4 renown pack yet... it contains boosters that I don't want to waste, since they activate immediately. (I could very much use an affinity booster right now, for the few minutes I get to play each day between work and other responsibilities, as I just built a new prime (chroma), several new weapons and 2 archwings to get ready for the New War/Railjack)

28 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

if I could buy it as an inventory gear wheel consumable like beacons, so I could hold on to it until I could actually make use of the 3 days... I MIGHT buy that actually... however, I'll be out of town tomorrow, and at work most of monday... so it's pathetically useless (as are most boosters) to me.

Since I don't like Arbitrations, but would like Adaptation and Rolling Guard (eh, why not?) and as I understand it, they're both mod drops from enemies in arbitrations, I'd like to spend as little time in Arbitrations as possible to get them... this mod drop booster would help with that. Any extras would be nice to sell to people who can't access arbitrations yet, but still want said mods.

This is also one reason I haven't bough the PS4 renown pack yet... it contains boosters that I don't want to waste, since they activate immediately. (I could very much use an affinity booster right now, for the few minutes I get to play each day between work and other responsibilities, as I just built a new prime (chroma), several new weapons and 2 archwings to get ready for the New War/Railjack)

Rest assured I've been predicting this is going to hit the in game store for plat with an announcement along the lines of "due to popular demand...." like they are doing us a favor. When IMHO that was the endgame from the start.

That said I totally agree having it as a sortie reward or brought through Baro is extremely inconvenient due to the way that boosters function in the game (auto consumption, persistent countdown wheather you're logged in or not) 

It never made sense to religate any booster to either RNG or Baro. Unless they where running damage control. Funny thing is other than the looming prospect of drop chances getting slashed, that they have said won't happen, I never thought the booster itself was scummy. It all depends on how its handled. Funny thing being when they add it ( I highly doubt it will be an if) if they go with an announcement that makes it seem like they are trying to do the playerbase a solid... it's gonna seem scummier to me than if they'd just pushed it live A La Carte from the get go along with some figures.

Speaking of which, have we ever gotten any figures as to exactly how it functions or is it just a black box?

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

I always wondered....are the boosters actually boosters or do they return everything back to how it was before Someone said "if we cut the time/drops to half, they gotta play twice as long."

What if all this time we been playing the game cut down a little to make us play more or/and use bought boosters to be back at the true level?

7 day given as the PA add on and this coming out after all those boosters bought day 1.... for half the time....seems legit

34 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Adaptation and Rolling Guard (eh, why not?) and as I understand it, they're both mod drops from enemies in arbitrations

They're more of a Rotational Reward rather done a 'mob drop' apparently...

8 minutes ago, Oreades said:

it contains boosters that I don't want to waste, since they activate immediately

This is the very thing that annoys me (probably anybody) after receiving it as a reward or as a purchased booster(s)... but - 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

If I could buy (or redeem) it as an inventory gear wheel consumable...

... which gives you an incentive of "when will you ever going to use it -  its up to you" type of logic... I'd be very delightful.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

I always wondered....are the boosters actually boosters or do they return everything back to how it was before Someone said "if we cut the time/drops to half, they gotta play twice as long."

What if all this time we been playing the game cut down a little to make us play more or/and use bought boosters to be back at the true level?

7 day given as the PA add on and this coming out after all those boosters bought day 1.... for half the time....seems legit

This reminds me of Fatigue vs. Rest from World of Warcraft and other MMO games.  For the uninitiated, a lot of MMO games had a fatigue system, where you'd start getting reduced EXP if you played for extended periods of time.  Conversely, WoW has a Rest system where you get increased EXP for logging off for a period of time.  These are both effectively the same system, but of course Rest is received well because it's seen as a positive.

This relates to Warframe because it's the same mechanic as the 2x booster.  People aren't as outraged because it's a bonus, but if you were to say that all normal players got half the drops and you were buying a normal drop rate booster, then people would lose their minds.

Edited by Zekkii

Waste of ducats. It won't help with the rare mods since the drop rate on those are really low. 

I don't even know how anyone thought this was worth to add to the game. And I especially don't know how anyone could have thought this could be a p2w mechanic.

Anyways, don't buy it. You're better off with the prisma weapons.

6 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I'd just be wary. You could be buying an extra 2% chance. Does anyone know how if these things are actually a worth it?

I believe the booster says it doubles the drop rate of mods. By exactly what method does it accomplish this? I’m not sure. Either way it equates to a significant increase.

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk

6 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I'd just be wary. You could be buying an extra 2% chance. Does anyone know how if these things are actually a worth it?

It doubles the chance for an enemy to drop "a" mod. When the games rolls a mod drop for an enemy it then rolls their mod drop table to determine what mod it is.

For the Drekar Butcher, who drops Condition Overload, they have a 3% chance to drop a mod which the booster will increase to 6%. Then if they roll that 3/6% you have a 0.67% (the booster doesn't affect this value) chance to get Condition Overload from their mod drop table.

So if anyone was to buy the booster specifically for CO you're pretty much paying for 3% (not literally but I'm bad at math, someone else can figure the exact increase to getting CO).

Edited by trst
  • Like 1