Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Drop Chance Booster

cmacq

23 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

I bought one today, took Nekros to Uranus, and got Condition Overload in about 30 minutes. It was useful for me.

Where does condition overload drop?  Maybe. I’ll farm extras to give friends.

I’ll ask progenitor Cephalon Google.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

I got a mod drop chance booster as a sortie reward and bought a couple more from Baro, just to test it out. And of course it "works", the amount of mod drops in some missions are quite staggering (you start to wonder if you can get fined for "littering" 🙂). In a 6 round void fissure defense on Earth I got close to 200 mods. Also did some runs at the Battalysts (on Lua), as there are a couple of mods I still don't have. Didn't get them, but even there you can sort of "feel" the 2X increase, as you get mods more consistently. The same in a few archwing missions (when you check the reward list in the mission conclusion screen).

My take (after 3-4 days of testing) is that the mod drop chance booster is an important addition during a player's "starmap phase", as you get a double chance for the rare mods and all the other thousands of extra mods you get can be used for credits or endo (and all players hit the "credit" and the "endo" wall at some point). The thing is that players during this phase have less plat and thus use less plat for boosters. On the other hand, not having to buy as many of the "must have" rare mods might also save you plat, if you play a lot while the booster is active.

For higher MRs the mod chance drop booster is fairly irrelevant. If you get a 3-day booster from sortie you might make some extra runs for the mods you still miss. And when DE adds new rare mods (dropping from enemies) it might be worthwhile to plink down som plat and double your chance to get them (and halve the amount of runs needed 🙂).

Have to say though, having gamed a lot and being a "looter" at heart it is very, very satisfying seeing the radar map filling up with mod drop indicators as if they were raining down from the sky. Even if most of the mods are commons that you already have thousands of, it feels nice. Maybe not worth paying plat for at this stage, but still very enjoyable.

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 1

Grabbed it via baro and in all honesty it feels like a complete waste of time, we don't need this booster for 'normal' mods as they drop pretty easy anyway so the main reason we want it is for 'rare' mods. and well this doesn't really help.   

Essentially this booster is a bandaid to try and fix the underlying issue of low drop chances and well it doesn't work, it doesn't fix the main issue that players have with rare mods (that we're missing) in that they still have stupidly low drop chances, often from hard or rare to find enemies, and even at doubled drop chance they still have a stupidly low drop chance...double of 0.5% (yes there are mods this low) is still only 1%. 

It might work fine for condition overload although to be honest never had an issue getting that before the booster because we had a lot of enemies to kill but the issue with this booster is when you go after a single enemy like for example a tusk thumper doma for kinetic diversion which is 1.88% drop chance, so 3.76% with the booster, and we all know how much of a pain it is finding the thumpers.

In all honesty DE needs to ditch this bandaid booster and go and fix the underlying issue of the really low drop chances on rare mods, we shouldn't need a booster to just have a 'acceptable' drop chance.

On 2019-10-13 at 11:08 AM, Graavarg said:

I got a mod drop chance booster as a sortie reward and bought a couple more from Baro, just to test it out. And of course it "works", the amount of mod drops in some missions are quite staggering (you start to wonder if you can get fined for "littering" 🙂). In a 6 round void fissure defense on Earth I got close to 200 mods. Also did some runs at the Battalysts (on Lua), as there are a couple of mods I still don't have. Didn't get them, but even there you can sort of "feel" the 2X increase, as you get mods more consistently. The same in a few archwing missions (when you check the reward list in the mission conclusion screen).

I definitely felt this too. Got one on sortie, looked for threads discussing what to farm with it, and found none xD

From my experience, yes, there are tonnnnnes more mods all over the map on normal missions.

But the only mods worth plat are CO (which i didnt bother to farm because prices will surely be dropping now) and quite a few basic Archwing mods! So i farmed grineer MD on Earth, and while yes, i got a handful of mods, i was more frustrated with the gamemode and the fact that enemies are all so spaciously spread out. It wasnt a mode worth farming. And if I got 5 mods (none of which were the ones i was looking for) in like 10 mins of searching for enemies, WITH booster... then the whole farm has a problem that needs to be looked at, and not covered up with by a booster... 
Especially with all the archwing we're going to be playing soon with Empyrian.

8 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Do enemies with a 100% mod drop chance drop two mods with a booster?

I doubt it. A previous commenter explained how it increases the chance for an enemy TO drop a mod. I doubt it goes over 100%. Just like drop chance boosters dont affect similarly dropped resources... like Oxium.